Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best vs. Worst feature of Island Living?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
From what you have found until now, what is the best and what is the worst feature given in the new pack for you?

Best:
Beaches and swimming in the ocean

Worst:
Mermaids.. sorry :D I should probably add that I just could not care less for them.
Rabbitholes diving and careers!
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Best : Island clean up/conservationist career.

Worst : lifeguard career. Nothing wrong with it, just not interested.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Best: Boats, Aqua Jets

Worst: No beach volleyball
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Best: Boats, Aqua Jets

Worst: No beach volleyball

You have to name a feature that is given in the EP, not what you would want to be in it :)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited June 2019
    Best: Mermaids!

Worst: Sharks
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Best: Beach activities.

Worst: Beaches getting dirty over time.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Best: beaches and beach activities

Worst: no holiday options and beaches getting dirty
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Best: beach activities
    Worst: ladder being restricted to decks
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    worst: lack of meaningful or promising features

best: build +buy & world environment
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Best: cleaning beaches
    Worst (for me): sunburns
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    best:mermaids, the jobs/work related stuff, beautiful island, swimming, cas/build/buy, being able to live on island

worst:Not being able to swim in other worlds "may" only be temporary. I'm guessing not being able to scuba dive with your sims and ladders only used for decks.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    From what you have found until now, what is the best and what is the worst feature given in the new pack for you?

Best:
    Beaches and swimming in the ocean

Worst:
    Mermaids.. sorry :D I should probably add that I just could not care less for them.

Mermaids are beautiful but they just do not interest me, now give me the beach and water and you are cooking with water. It would have been better with some resorts to boot.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Best: In depthness (pun intended) of the ocean swimming feature
    Worst; Lifeguard.. that should have been an open career, not a rabbithole.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Best: Beaches and swimming in the ocean
    Worst: Mermaids and trash clean up are equally bad

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Best: mermaids, swimming, CAS/BB, dolphins

Worst: rabbit hole lifeguard and rabbit hole diving
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Best : swimming in the ocean and mermaids

Worst : no mermaid tail for children and toddlers. I get it if they don't have powers but it would have been nice if younger sims could swim in the ocean with fish tails.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Jean wrote: »

Wait what??? This is not an active career? I do not know how many disappointments I can handle, but this is just another dream that is smashed off the table.. geez.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Best: The gorgeous aesthetics of the build mode options and how beautiful the world is.
    Worst: Was watching an early release Lets play and they said the dolphin and swimming interactions are kind of glitchy. Other than that, I really have no complaints!
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    best: fleshed out mermaids, open water, animals: chickens, seagulls, frogs, dolphins and all the other marine life, sunburns that match your sims clothing, sulani culture
    worst: rabbit holes
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Best: Everything!
    Worst: Nothing.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    So far I have greatly enjoyed all the glimpses of the game that I have seen and I am eagerly anticipating it.

Best: The beauty of world and its sea life/ oceanic animations (shoals of fish, sea turtles, chickens on the shore, waterbirds, swimming frogs near the waterfall, crabs), the mermaids and dolphins, unique objects and clothes with an island vibe, vibrant architecture, four new harvestables, new recipes and drinks, new semi-active career, sun tanning and sunburns, and off-the-grid living.

Worst (these are mild annoyances, not deal-breakers): deep sea diving as a rabbit hole, part time jobs as rabbit holes, only 1 long-sleeved top for toddlers (come on!). Finally, bongo drums as bar stools but no actual playable drums (what a mean tease). Couldn't they have added playable drums again like in Castaway? With a new culture it would have made sense.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2019
    Best: The design of the world, it looks very pretty. The CAS items are looking very good too.

Worst: The rabbit holes.
    Jean wrote: »

Wait what??? This is not an active career? I do not know how many disappointments I can handle, but this is just another dream that is smashed off the table.. geez.

Yep, and they faked it by showing a sim in a Lifeguard outfit standing on the beach during EA Play, maybe you can work from home and stand and pretend to guard the beach? Not sure what they even talked about.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Best
    Swimming in the ocean,snorkeling and the interactive waterfall.

Worst
    The Rabbitholes
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Yep, and they faked it by showing a sim in a Lifeguard outfit standing on the beach during EA Play, maybe you can work from home and stand and pretend to guard the beach? Not sure what they even talked about.

Apparently NPC lifeguards show up when you visit the beach, but you cannot play as an active lifeguard yourself. So you may see some on the beach 'guarding' it.

• bsasinbsasin Posts: 33 Member
    Best: the beauty of the world
    Worst: diving being a rabbit hole, inability to build ground level pools on the water lots (which is most of them)
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

:) I love tropical islands and Beaches & All that comes with that adventure for residential and vacations.

(AND WITH THAT BEING SAID)

:'( hint the words TROPICAL and BEACHES ...so for all things why would the lifeguards be a rabbit
    hole? IF THIS IS TRUE ...geeesssh and i know about all the answers that may state "oh the game isn't designed to handle it " or whatever and it is what it is

i love sims and like i stated many times before i am a "day 1" fan i have been here from first launch of the sims i have all packs and objects from 1-4 ever created... and i know that they know this is nonsense IF THIS IS TRUE

Can i live with it? YES ....will i die because of it? NO .... will my sims lives change drastically because of it? NO.... Will i enjoy the beautiful island and all that comes with it? YES.....

Am i aware that sims 4 was created to be played another way and then they changed it up and thats why so many things can't be done and they are trying so hard to save it? YES YES and YES and with that being a diehard fan i guess i have to DEAL WITH IT B)