Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    what are glass floors? that sounds dangerous :s
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    edited June 2019
    The 350 swatches will add nothing to beds, couches, rugs, counters , flooring, walls, or anything furniture or object wise. Its all just for doors. And I think windows. That really is....disappointing. And really kind of absurd that SimguruLyndsay hyped that up.
  • ang803ang803 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm so excited for the color swatches, to be honest. Can't wait for this update and the expansion pack!
    ang803 wrote: »
    I'm so excited for the color swatches, to be honest. Can't wait for this update and the expansion pack!

I cant manage to get excited about it. I cant believe they did 350 swatches and not one of them is for the furniture . Or the wallpapers. Ridiculous. They are ignoring the requests for more options in build/buy mode.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Update

Coming in patch
    Loungers

Stilted Foundations

A trait that makes your sim want to be nude

Glass Floors????

I might be missing a few.

Unlocked part-time jobs for adults.

This is going to be so useful for my elder Sims when they retire but don't want to give up working completely :p
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    what are glass floors? that sounds dangerous :s

There are glass floors on that house on the water in Sulani. They have been confirmed for Island Living.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    You can also have multiple part time jobs and choose wich shift you want your sim to work
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Can’t believe all the searches are doors... :'(
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    ah swatches only for doors? all I am really asking for is wood countertops like any of those countertops but give me wood on top I hate that tile mess so much and I just keep using the baskety one but it looks off too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I'm kind of happy they are all doors. Get one base thing unified and maybe they will move onto another section instead of swatches all over the place. Also if the doors alone needed 350 there was something wrong there. I really really hope they keep up the unification anyways.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    someone said the door swatches are all matching wood tones now too, something people have been complaining about.

im sure if this is a positive reaction to more swatches they'll do more. :)
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Holiday wrote: »
    Can’t believe all the searches are doors... :'(

I was at work on my phone when I replied and it seems I had an autocorrect fail. I did mean swatches and not searches. :lol:
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    someone said the door swatches are all matching wood tones now too, something people have been complaining about.

There wont be a positive reaction because they literally did a frigging door update. Thats not encouraging. Its half baked and senseless.
    Akil wrote: »
    I'm kind of happy they are all doors. Get one base thing unified and maybe they will move onto another section instead of swatches all over the place. Also if the doors alone needed 350 there was something wrong there. I really really hope they keep up the unification anyways.

Its to the point where its actually a bit degrading how they tease people with things only to be all murky about what it is and then it turns out to be a huge clunker like this. Doors. Believe me, all of the excitement over the swatches was definitely because players thought it would be coming for everything. The swatches they provide for siding and wallpaper especially is very drab and dismal. I had a spark of hope that finally I could choose from a seemingly vast array of color options and now I am deflated. Its for one or two objects, none of them being the items sims lounge on , sleep upon or cook atop inside of their own homes @SimGuruLyndsay I really dont understand this. Builders and just players in general really need more than this.

• Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I’m happy that base game is getting some great updates. I wish the searches were more than just doors, but at least know I won’t have awkward looking doors. I’m so happy about the part time jobs! I hope there is more to come! Excited for glass floors, the nudist colony lot trait is interesting.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    I’m happy that base game is getting some great updates. I wish the searches were more than just doors, but at least know I won’t have awkward looking doors. I’m so happy about the part time jobs! I hope there is more to come! Excited for glass floors, the nudist colony lot trait is interesting.

Glass floors is for the pack only, not being patched in. Hopefully though they do decide to include more swatches in the future for CAS or other Bb objects. I read someone said that fishing is being revamped but I’m not sure if that is accurate.
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member

There wont be a positive reaction because they literally did a frigging door update. Thats not encouraging. Its half baked and senseless.
    Considering the sheer amount of items in basegame, I feel it would be more half baked if those 350 swatches were distributed between all of those.
    350 swatches should be around 5 swatches per door. Which in all honesty isn't that much.

Let's just see this update as a beginning and hope they will do more item categories in the future. I would prefer getting several updates, with 100+ new swatches for a certain item category, than 350 distributed between all the items.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I really have no interest in the swatches, I just want a pool terrain tool and spiral staircases, more tattoos, hair styles/colours and more clothes and items/hobbies for the elderly sims as I feel they are very neglected.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

This is a step in the right direction though. It’s matching wood tones in the doors. Like someone pointed out this adds up to maybe 5 swatches for each base game door. 350 swatches isn’t that much when it comes down to it. I’m just hoping for more matching wood swatches down the line since they have opened this door (pun intended).

Also this was never hyped up they just said yes we are adding 350 swatches to the base game and nothing beyond that. They should have been more specific but they have a lot of rules in place about what they can reveal and probably couldn’t tell us what the swatches were for. You can disagree with that as much as you want but it’s not the devs fault they can’t tell us things.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Shepard wrote: »
    Cool with the swatches, hope it can make some stuff easier to match. That will definitely help sooth my OCD, haha.

Do you guys have any thoughts about the patch possibly breaking mods?

Patches always break script mods like MCCC and UI Cheats. Most tuning mods are fine unless the patch deals with files that those mods use, like if you have a mod that involves fishing it could get broken with this patch. I'll be removing my mods on Monday night, then work on remodeling venues (I have some pool venues that'll be getting the lounge chairs that come in the patch), then if the pack is released before mods are updated I'll familiarize myself with the new world.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2019
    The 350 swatches will add nothing to beds, couches, rugs, counters , flooring, walls, or anything furniture or object wise. Its all just for doors. And I think windows. That really is....disappointing. And really kind of absurd that SimguruLyndsay hyped that up.

Doors, windows and I believe some of the base game shelves. A lot of builders have been asking for more swatches for those assets. Most of the other objects you list have plenty of options, and would be more complex; I recall a Tweet from Grant that to make a single set of counters it requires 11 assets (which makes sense when you consider corner counters, half counters, island counters with their options, and the like.

I'm personally looking forward to the new swatch update because I've heard one of the items they're adding are some new unisex bathroom door options. I have some bathrooms that are in desperate need of updating. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2019
    I know we're getting door swatches, Pride items, lounge chairs, a new foundation, and I believe a toilet swatch to match the new bathroom items in Island living (?) (heard on one of the GameChanger's overview videos, not sure if they were mistaken, or if I misunderstood, please don't get angry at me if we are not getting a toilet swatch). When do we get a full list of what's in the patch? This will be only the second patch I've hard-followed the Sims for, and I can't remember if we had to wait till patch notes to know EVERYTHING or if we got the list a little early
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    I know we're getting door swatches, Pride items, lounge chairs, a new foundation, and I believe a toilet swatch to match the new bathroom items in Island living (?) (heard on one of the GameChanger's overview videos, not sure if they were mistaken, or if I misunderstood, please don't get angry at me if we are not getting a toilet swatch). When do we get a full list of what's in the patch? This will be only the second patch I've hard-followed the Sims for, and I can't remember if we had to wait till patch notes to know EVERYTHING or if we got the list a little early

Trait randomizer also which is my favorite thing for challenges :). I think the new toilet swatches only come if you get island living but I could also be wrong. That’s how I understood it because it matches what is coming with the pack. But either way a good patch. We won’t have the list till it’s released on the 18th though.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

Doors, windows and I believe some of the base game shelves. A lot of builders have been asking for more swatches for those assets. Most of the other objects you list have plenty of options, and would be more complex; I recall a Tweet from Grant that to make a single set of counters it requires 11 assets (which makes sense when you consider corner counters, half counters, island counters with their options, and the like.

I'm personally looking forward to the new swatch update because I've heard one of the items they're adding are some new unisex bathroom door options. I have some bathrooms that are in desperate need of updating. B)

They literally chose to make counters/cabinets the way they are, calling them complex to avoid doing anything with them is the worst work ethic I have ever seen. They have done this with just about every major feature they sold the game on. Emotions, multitasking, you name it. These people really know how to make bad choices without thinking about any of the implications of those choices. They are really running this game into the ground if their mindset is “what we chose is TOO complex, so we’re going to avoid doing anything with it”
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

ah. yes. because this is going to be the last update ever and we'll never get an update ever again.