Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @Morningstar

Is it a TS2 world, or...?

sima3 i think.
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    @Morningstar

sima3 i think.

I'm making the world in Sims 3, but the screenshot is of "Neighborhood 1" from the very first Sims game :smile:

My plan is to make a Sims 3 world that combines The Sims' Old Town & Downtown with The Sims 2's Pleasantview, Downtown and (for a better residential to commercial lot ratio) Desiderata Valley. TS2 has many of the same characters that the first game had, since its supposed to be 25 years after the first game. Several people have thought to make combo worlds from those two games for TS2 and TS3, but very few have completed their project, and I haven't seen any that do it in a similar way to what I have in mind. I'm excited :smile: I've even learned to recolor objects for the world.
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
    @Morningstar

sima3 i think.

I'm making the world in Sims 3, but the screenshot is of "Neighborhood 1" from the very first Sims game :smile:

My plan is to make a Sims 3 world that combines The Sims' Old Town & Downtown with The Sims 2's Pleasantview, Downtown and (for a better residential to commercial lot ratio) Desiderata Valley. TS2 has many of the same characters that the first game had, since its supposed to be 25 years after the first game. Several people have thought to make combo worlds from those two games for TS2 and TS3, but very few have completed their project, and I haven't seen any that do it in a similar way to what I have in mind. I'm excited :smile: I've even learned to recolor objects for the world.

thats what i said. :)
  • JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    I think I am going to play premade families and log it on my blog. However, I was just gonna see if there are certain families in particular you all would be interested in? Some of them don't matter to me and I will ignore. (Of course the big ones like the goths and landgraabs will definitely get a place!)
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    https://hereandnowordpress.com/

So.....I did a thing :)

It started out with me just playing sims in between writing and then I started to realize that I was essentially creating storylines as I played so I decided to make it into a story! I've never really done a story revolving around families, so this should be fun :). I'm hoping it can be like all those legacy stories on here (with the kids aging and all that). Also I've always wanted to do a story in Brindleton Bay since it's so pretty :D

Side note----this means I'm taking a break from Metro for a bit. I've been writing that story for almost two years now so I figured I could try to branch out more and try something new! I hope everyone likes it! I'm almost done taking screenshots for chapter one
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »

It started out with me just playing sims in between writing and then I started to realize that I was essentially creating storylines as I played so I decided to make it into a story! I've never really done a story revolving around families, so this should be fun :). I'm hoping it can be like all those legacy stories on here (with the kids aging and all that). Also I've always wanted to do a story in Brindleton Bay since it's so pretty :D

Side note----this means I'm taking a break from Metro for a bit. I've been writing that story for almost two years now so I figured I could try to branch out more and try something new! I hope everyone likes it! I'm almost done taking screenshots for chapter one

I am trying to find a follow button for your blog but can not for the life of me D:

I am trying to find a follow button for your blog but can not for the life of me D:

Idk :disappointed:

Maybe it has to do with me having 2 sites on one account? Sorry, i dont really know how wordpress works. Maybe try following through my main blog "metro"?
    THIRTYT(2).png

i tried to help you by looking it by username. this article on cannibis popped up. which is slighly amusing cause when we we met i wasn't sure what acrab username meant.

but i know what canibis is. thats aydens fault.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited June 2019

Maybe it has to do with me having 2 sites on one account? Sorry, i dont really know how wordpress works. Maybe try following through my main blog "metro"?

If you still need help with it here. You can actually have follow buttons on two websites on the same account (I keep all of mine on one account) :)

To enable a follow button on WP (if you use the WP.com site) do this.
    1. Go to https://wordpress.com/customize/[PutYourURLHere]
    2. Scroll down to Widgets
    3. Click "Add a Widget"
    4. Scroll Down to "Follow Button"
    5. Click it. You now have a follow button.
    6. Hit Publish (at the top) to save changes.
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

If you still need help with it here. You can actually have follow buttons on two websites on the same account (I keep all of mine on one account) :)

3. Click "Add a Widget"

Thank you @Bugsie2016 :smiley:
    THIRTYT(2).png
    its possible aydens spoiled. just preordered island living.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I think I am going to play premade families and log it on my blog. However, I was just gonna see if there are certain families in particular you all would be interested in? Some of them don't matter to me and I will ignore. (Of course the big ones like the goths and landgraabs will definitely get a place!)

I plan to do this myself at some point. Base game I like to see Bob pancake and what happens with him. (besides the goths xD)

City living I love seeing the kareoke house.

3. Click "Add a Widget"

I should do this.. I have a couple other sites and I completely didn't realize they didn't have follow buttons without a widget xD
    its cooler here today yesterday. it hit 100 today 89.
    i might have to edit laurens traits. if your sim is childish. which she is she would be able to

just read in things we know about
    Shadami wrote: »

3. Click "Add a Widget"

I should do this.. I have a couple other sites and I completely didn't realize they didn't have follow buttons without a widget xD

what exactly is a widget? i forgot to ask infagreen when i saw her.
    i'll probably do another time jump tonight. cause i use custom traits and they might break after the update.
    oops did my sissy imitation again. :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    have to check something
    6adMCGP.gif
    There's an update?? Oops. XD I should close my game. But.. sleepy and bed. XD

Widget is .. uhh like an app. On old computers it would be the notebook that you could have on the desktop to write on. It's kind of a weird thing to explain for me cause I almost never use them. /Think about them.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

Widget is .. uhh like an app. On old computers it would be the notebook that you could have on the desktop to write on. It's kind of a weird thing to explain for me cause I almost never use them. /Think about them.

There's not an update yet that I'm aware of, but there will be one soon. Maybe some time next week.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

3. Click "Add a Widget"

Thank you @Bugsie2016 :smiley:

No problem. If you need any more help (and this goes for everyone) then let me know. :)

There's not an update yet that I'm aware of, but there will be one soon. Maybe some time next week.

the 18th of the month.
    alex cracked me up. other than being a big family the benders are known for um whooing a lot. hes no differnt except when i had him wake imane up ,his wife hr changed his mind and wanted to watch tv,

some of the grankids use custom traits so ayden and his siblings will be aged up today so i can play with them just in case the update next week breaks them.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    This is a strange thought I think the reason why I like to go to a mall on my own is that it is to "make-up" my teenage years of teens going and hanging out at the mall (even though they had someone to hang out with-I didn't)
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top