Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you mainly a Realistic player, Fantasy Player, or both???

Comments

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Realistic Player - Normal Jobs where you have to go everyday, earn and save money to buy bigger house and better things.
    I am more of a realistic player, but I definitely can't wait for Realm of Magic to kick a bit of fantasy into my gameplay. I've only ever played a vampire once and have never played with aliens in my game, nor have I been interested in ghosts. But something about Magic... I just love.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Both.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    A bit of both. My wealthiest Sim has everything he wants already, and earned all his simoleons through his own work, but still lives in his tiny starter home, Nookstone, because it's as big as he needs, I have a good layout, and I don't like any other lots better.

I did cheat a few households with free real estate and extra funds, just so everyone could have a bedroom and to explore the nicer Spanish Colonial homes in Oasis Springs (which I find more congenial than Willow Creek).
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2019
    Fantasy Player - Start playing with biggest house and a ton of money. where jobs are fun to go to, but not needed.
    It depends. Most of my households (unless I'm specifically making single sims) start with their lives already in full swing with money, houses, careers, spouses, children, etc. But when the children grow up, that's when we start grinding to reach the top.

Now if we're talking like...fantasy, then yeah. I tend to lean more towards the supernatural/abnormal side with my sims. Vampires, aliens, sorcerers (thanks to Triplis' mod, which has come a LONG way); my games are full of 'em.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Both, I guess. I often play random legacies, in which I play mostly realistic, though I may let a fantasy element slip in sometimes. Other than that, I like creating secondary characters in my worlds that may be more wealthy, and I sometimes just try to recreate various characters, at which point I will cheat money into the game so I can give them a house and way of living that fits my image of the character.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Realistic Player - Normal Jobs where you have to go everyday, earn and save money to buy bigger house and better things.
    I used to be super realistic and never ever used money cheats. Every time I wanted a rich family, I'd work hard to get them there.... but honestly that's been a drag on my gameplay. There's quite a few rich families I want to make and I want them to be rich from the start and skip the repetitive part. So I started using the money cheat. I pretend they have been rich their entire lives, no problem with that.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I play both
    WbUrFQm.png
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    I used to be super realistic and never ever used money cheats. Every time I wanted a rich family, I'd work hard to get them there.... but honestly that's been a drag on my gameplay. There's quite a few rich families I want to make and I want them to be rich from the start and skip the repetitive part. So I started using the money cheat. I pretend they have been rich their entire lives, no problem with that.

agree. and you can honestly play them side by side with the households that have to struggle.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    It depends on the family. I tend not to over give money to my rich families cause money becomes meaningless when you have so much in the game
    caitytrina.png
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    What does playing with vampires have to do with motherloading. I play with both. My family has 9 regular Sims and 1 vampire. I did motherload them up to being rich, but it was just because my storyline for this family requires them to be rich.
    I play occult families rags to riches style too. I play normal Sims with money cheats. You really need a both option or to have two polls. You should have made two polls. One where you asked if people play with cheats or without cheating and a different one where you asked if people play with occults or not. Some occult players have never used a cheat. And some regular Sim players cheat everything. Money cheats and the type of Sims that you play aren't really related.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Fantasy Player - Start playing with biggest house and a ton of money. where jobs are fun to go to, but not needed.
    Fantasy player as it is much more fun. I play to live the life that I will probably never have. I can be famous Vampire and soon a Mermaid and possibly a witch or fairy (whatever the Realm of Magic brings). I can date and marry favorite characters that don't exist (single and lonely in real life).

I like more fun and randomness than feeling like a chore.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Both. I enjoy playing with occults and normal sims. I usually use free real estate to start them off in the house I want, but after that I rarely if ever use cheats. It all depends on my mood and the story I'm playing. My main household are actually a family of different supernatural types but they are just like any other human family...well, at least they do their best to be.
  • CeruleaCerulea Posts: 16 Member
    Realistic for sure!
    Way before I began playing realistic, I used to be one of those players who would start up with 50k and give my sims some background as to why they have that kind of information (e.g [insert sims name] came from a life of luxury and she escaped from her family/ex-husband] or whatever) and, whenever I'd play those kinds of sims with those kinds of stories, I would always end up getting bored with the game.

I just recently started playing realistically, and I must say that I love it!
    pFlklGp.png
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    realistic player but almost always devle into occult playing. have different rules for different save about if occults exist or not and different rules ive set up for the storylines in each for how the rules for how the occults interact with the world works (are they trying to stay hidden are they accepted as part of society but rare and faces stigma/postitive treatment?).
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm defenitely a realistic player. I don't cheat money
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,421 Member
    I can't answer your poll. I like building up my sims lives from the ground up. All of my sims have to earn their money the honest way. I don't even use the money tree because it feels cheaty. But I do like fantasy. I like playing with aliens (and in previous sims games with werewolves, robots,...) But even these occult sims had to work and save up for a better house.

For playstyle (money and cheating) I'm 100% first option, for fantasy (occults and supernatural things) I'm totally in the second option.
    So it feels really odd to see a poll where playing an occult is automatically considered the same a cheating to your hearts content.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'm a BOTH - but there is no both box - so just saying it. I love playing both kinds of Sims equally and would not want a game without both. Believe me waiting for more supernaturals was harsh - so I am totally glad more is on the way - but in the meantime - i will be loving the Island Living as soon as I can afford it. Tight month for me as I went and broke my shoulder last week - on top of everything else. Ugh -

But looking at all this new stuff makes me feel a lot better - looks amazing and what's more I never knew I wanted Island living til I saw it. I knew I wanted witches and Uni - but hey I am sort of glad they went with Island Living now. So yeah - excited - even if all I get to do is watch players play it - I look forward to seeing it...

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    Both, It really depends on the save. My legacy family is realistic, although I am at the point where my sims have enough money, and I have the relative freedom to buy what I want. However I do have saves where I cheat and get all the money and build crazy huge houses and play them. I don't think we have a lot of great options for supernaturals so tbh I don't play a lot of that right now, but when realm of magic gets released I will most likely play more of that.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    i love both.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2019
    I enjoy playing both. I do not think I play one way more often than the other. It depends on my mood and the story I want to tell.

Edit-I do not use money cheats except to strip my sims of all funds when I start a new game. I enjoy the struggle. I do use building cheats though.
    Post edited by michelei on
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    More like both. It depends on what I want to do.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I would play with fantasy sims if we had witches. I don't play with vampires a lot but if we had witches i'd be 90% a fantasy/occult player. As for the poll itself I usually start out with no money and then work my way up.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I've been playing since Sims 2, so I've done both. I always make sure I can survive without cheats first, but I don't want every save to be the same grind. I get enough reality in real life. Sometimes I just want to live in the Pinnacles, be the leader of a club Nancy Landgraab wishes she was cool enough to get into, and drag my dirty dishes into the trash on pause to keep the party mood high.

We only have a couple occult states so far, so that's another question. In Sims 3, I almost always had a witch or a fairy in the house. Sometimes I played an entire household of every occult I could manage! I can and do play realism, but I fantasy has a special place in my heart. <3
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Realistic with fantasy like influences? I do a little of both. Cause whew! The economy in the Sims is everything lol. But depending on the storyline I've got going on, sometimes I start the family off with money, other times I do a "bottom up" type of deal.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I feel like I'm half and half.

My sins earn their money, but they spend every hour they're not working or taking care of needs on hobbies. Their garden currently boasts six completely full planter beds as well as apple, pear, cherry, pomegranate, avocado, plasma and plaintain trees. One planter bed is devoted entirely to Bird of Paradise. That alone gives them over 2k simoleons per day. As soon as the garden has harvestables and is profitable, I hire a gardener. What's 150 simoleons a day when your garden alone rakes in 6k?

I also tend to give a sim Painting skill, focusing on Small and Medium paintings until they get decent.

So they have their jobs but also money making hobbies.

I also tend to play with their aging off. This game, now that they have one son as a young adult (that one has aging disabled too) and one teen I finally decided it was ok to age them to Adult. I might age them to Elder and turn aging on once they both reach the pinnacle of their careers and aspirations then move them in with their elder son as he has more room, while I play the younger son and his family. I don't like managing too many sims at once and the older son is frankly boring so while he's in a "played" household I basically only check up on them if I want another baby in the household.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims