Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disc Content vs Downloadable Packs: Affect Loading Times and Bugs?

I was thinking about this last night. Could the longer load times and the bugs being experienced on console are caused by what's being run from the disc to all the downloaded packs? For example, when just the basic game is installed, everything is fine as that's all the disc is running. But when there's 10 packs downloaded and installed, the console is trying to run more than the disc and is having problems.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I was thinking about this last night. Could the longer load times and the bugs being experienced on console are caused by what's being run from the disc to all the downloaded packs? For example, when just the basic game is installed, everything is fine as that's all the disc is running. But when there's 10 packs downloaded and installed, the console is trying to run more than the disc and is having problems.

Yes adding DLC can increase loading times, and bugs. Nothing is running off of the disc though, it’s just required to launch non-digital versions of the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I downloaded the base game and all packs so far. Load times are a lot longer but I just bought a PS4 Pro so I'm hoping that will help a little atleast when loading the game when I first start it.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have the base game and all the DLC downloaded and I find the load times to be pretty good. The first load screen before you press X is the quickest but after that I find that load to be the longest. The other load times are not too bad.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    The more dlc you have the more things that need to load. I don't think there is any way around it at least not until the next gen consoles are out. The Ps5 will be backwards compatible so us playstation players will be able to play ps4 games on it that has been confirmed. Not sure if that's just physical games though or also digital though and I'm assuming xbox two will be the same.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I think that's one of the issues. The more packs installed, the slower the game goes so maybe the developers could address this somehow.
    2quwd7.gif

• LunarBritneyLunarBritney Posts: 41 Member
    It's just like TS3. It'll become a laggy mess soon from all of the packs. The dev team should really do something about it.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I was playing a new household last night in Strangerville and my new Sim Mariko invited a friend over to hangout at her place and a few times the game paused for several seconds. It got very annoying.
    2quwd7.gif

• 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member

I downloaded the base game and all packs so far. Load times are a lot longer but I just bought a PS4 Pro so I'm hoping that will help a little atleast when loading the game when I first start it.

Has your PS4 pro made a difference in any way?