Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    SimChi wrote: »
    No mention of lot sizes, or how small the 'world' is... No map view (showing lot details, or how many areas). I was (initially) thinking Island theme would be good (unless they added disasters, or sharks, or old tropes), but I am not really seeing anything for gameplay- except live on a small island and go around cleaning?? Ah well, seems a couple of people are happy.. so that's good.

I'm curious about what will be usable on other lots (like the inflatables on pools?).
    I'm planning on just using the pack as a weekend getaway. I kinda wish Sims could own two houses.

I solve this by turning a house in another world into a retail lot. You are only required to have a cash register to meet the lot requirement (and the desk to set it on) I place these in a tiny inaccessible basement under the house and then have my Sims purchase the location. I can then travel there freely and utilize it like any other house, I just never open it for business.

I sort of did that before for sims that worked as a Veterinarian and owned a restaurant. They would live there instead of traveling each time and just built sort of a house and rooms for them to sleep at, etc...one Animal Hospital lot I downloaded was already like a house.

I am thinking of creating a lot that sims can visit and rooms they can sleep in to mimic a hotel for the sims that don't live in that world.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Excited for this, could never play on Island Paradise due to lag issues.
    Now i can experience it all in the sims 4! dream come true! Thanks EA!
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    <3<3 I pre-ordered it :D now the waiting game starts ;) I'm excited to play this one B)
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    I think canoes are the only boat type and seem to only seat one sim.

There's ''jet ski'' and sim are using them.

I know, but a jet ski is not a boat.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Excited for this, could never play on Island Paradise due to lag issues.
    Now i can experience it all in the sims 4! dream come true! Thanks EA!

IP would have been the best for me but even with what my systems had it was an slugfest but it was more of an Developer problem than specs and I knew there was mods but I do not use mods.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NojiNoji Posts: 3 New Member
    Fine, but when will we get horses. :/
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Is there any ifnormation on if you can ride the boat only with one sim or more?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i pre-ordered to,but i still have to pay for it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think canoes are the only boat type and seem to only seat one sim.

There's ''jet ski'' and sim are using them.

I know, but a jet ski is not a boat.

Oh didn't understand sorry.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Is there any ifnormation on if you can ride the boat only with one sim or more?

I've only seen one sim in the boat but I'm hoping it could be a new woohoo spot.
  • heyimhannahheyimhannah Posts: 27 Member
    a bit iffy on this pack tbh. Definitely going to buy, but I don't know how much gameplay it's going to add. What I really wanted out of a beach pack was a vacation world, and something a bit more like the cape. I'm going to get it, to see if there's anything that devs are keeping secret, but I really wanted this pack to be university (we don't always get what we want). Does anyone know if they released what the stuff pack was?
    Hoping that everyone's day is beautiful and bright and full of dogs!
  • GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    @heyimhannah The SP is Moschino Stuff. They said so at E3. It adds lots of fancy expensive clothes and a job. If you have seen the Freezer Bunny hoodie that they added in April, that is the beginning, most Moschino stuff is a fancy teddy bear on a shirt.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Pamtastic72 that's an awesome way to have a residence in another world. I only play one family and rarely get to use and appreciate all the furnishings in the game but thanks to your post I now have a way to do so. 😊

I'm really excited for Island Living. Nautical and Tropical are my favorite themes so I can't wait to see all the new build/buy objects. And loving the two weeks notification! Gives me just enough time to get my Sims ready for fun in the sun.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    SimChi wrote: »
    No mention of lot sizes, or how small the 'world' is... No map view (showing lot details, or how many areas). I was (initially) thinking Island theme would be good (unless they added disasters, or sharks, or old tropes), but I am not really seeing anything for gameplay- except live on a small island and go around cleaning?? Ah well, seems a couple people are happy.. so that's good.

I'm curious about what will be usable on other lots (like the inflatables on pools?).
    I'm planning on just using the pack as a week end gateaway. I kinda wish Sims could own two houses.

I solve this by turning a house in another world into a retail lot. You are only required to have a cash register to meet the lot requirement (and the desk to set it on) I place these in a tiny inaccessible basement under the house and then have my Sims purchase the location. I can then travel there freely and utilize it like any other house, I just never open it for business.

Thank you very much for this information! I have done this with objects required for certain types of venues but never thought about using it as a way to 'cheat' my way to having a second home lot. Makes it very simple, and no mods required. Brilliant!

Glad to help! Thanks, I can't take all the credit for the idea. I read it on here originally from another simmer a good while back and have used it off and on ever since. So I'm planning that for a couple of my wealthier families, and then a hotel on one lot using Kawaii Stacie's mod.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Bet someone asks,"Can a human sim or a vampire sim have sex with a mermaid/dolphin and what will it produce?"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    a bit iffy on this pack tbh. Definitely going to buy, but I don't know how much gameplay it's going to add. What I really wanted out of a beach pack was a vacation world, and something a bit more like the cape. I'm going to get it, to see if there's anything that devs are keeping secret, but I really wanted this pack to be university (we don't always get what we want). Does anyone know if they released what the stuff pack was?

There will be lots of game-play videos released on Tuesday so you may want to check those out before buying it and then being disappointed.
  • mjsimmerxmjsimmerx Posts: 11 New Member
    I am absolutely stoked for this pack! I have been wanting this since the sims 4 first came out. Been playing the sims since the beginning and the sims 3 island paradise was my favorite pack!

What I was hoping for coming out of this pack was ocean swimming, wave runners, tanning, sand castles, boats, snorkeling, scuba diving, mermaids, lounge chairs, house boats, hotels. I will say even though we may not get house boats we have house that can be built over water. We might not get hotels but gee for everything I've seen so far I ain't complaining. I love everything in this pack thus far and I'm excited to see the dolphins, sea turtles, sun burns, tanning, the new conservationist career, the volcano, and of course the culture aspect! I am so excited for the the CAS and build items and all the new activities! I can't wait can you tell? This is just the beginning, and to think of what moders can do! Eek! I can't ya'll, I can't.

Other random things I think would be fun to see but not needed in the game. Such as sea turtle as pets (or at least interact with them), have popsicles, a pina colada drink (I know they'll be Kava, which I have had before), even 'Otai (a Polynesian watermelon fruit drink, with pineapple and coconut).

Sims 4 Island Living I'm ready for you! 🌴
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think the only mildly disappointing thing for me is the lack of houseboats. I do love the house on stilts, though. :smile:

I’m just soo glad for mermaids. :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    > @bluelighting said:
    > mmm i saw a new tattoo, gonna be a long two weeks though. judging from past ea doesnt always show all, they like us to find out some things on our on. which i find kinda cool. im curious if sims can go to the other worlds as well.

I love the new tattoos and cas items, I know they only showed us a little bit but I think there will be alot of content in this pack which I am so excited for! I loved sims 3 island paradise but the lag in that pack was ridiculous.
    > @Simmerville said:
    > The presentation was great, and the pack looks fun! Some surprises, too, like the volcano. The sea life seems very refreshing. Can't wait to find out more!

Yes it looks so colorful and lush!
    > @EverclearBoy said:
    > Are there any Pre-Order Perks?

hahaha there should be! Even something little like a new drink/food/dessert. I'd take it. :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hopefully the three sims in the trailer/render will be in the EP itself.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    They probably will. They're heavily featured. And if they're not in the game by default, they're probably gonna be made available to put in your game.
  • Jfreeman09Jfreeman09 Posts: 8 New Member
    Anyone know if the only way to be a mermaid is by creating one in CAS? Or do we know if it will be possible for an already made sim to become a mermaid some how like in sims 3?
  • Aphrodite47Aphrodite47 Posts: 12 New Member
    I have been waiting for this the one that have all of the games should get a small discount
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Jfreeman09 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the only way to be a mermaid is by creating one in CAS? Or do we know if it will be possible for an already made sim to become a mermaid some how like in sims 3?

We don't know yet, but I would hope that there would be a way to turn existing sims into merfolk if we want.