Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Stuff Pack [MEGA]

Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
Today SimGuruLyndsay and SimGuruDuke announced "Moschino Stuff Pack" to come to The Sims 4 "later this summer".

They also revealed that it will be the first stuff pack to come with a new career: freelancer fashion photographer.

Update:

2019-08-05:
Here is a teaser for the pack: https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1158424454428364809
2019-08-06:
Official release dates: PC/MAC: August 13, 2019, Console: September 3, 2019
Link to announcement trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=-5_94WYACUY

Trailer analysis
Female Sims:
3 hairstyles
2 dresses
2 jackets
1 skirt
1 t-shirt
1 tank top
1 pullover
2 one-piece-outfits (?)
1 bathing suit
1 pair of pants
1 pair of shoes
1 pair of earrings
1 necklace (?)

Male Sims:
1 hairstyle
1 pullover
2 jackets
1 pair of pants
1 one-piece-outfit

B/B:
1 camera with background for the new career
3 frames
3 lamps
1 sofa
1 picture
1 armchair
2 windows
1 mirror
1 bookshelf
1 end table
1 coffee table
decor: magazines, room divider, case, clothes rail, amp

Did you spot something I missed? Please post it. I'd like to have a complete list.
I'm also not sure about the necklace. It could be a part of an outfit, too.
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I think even with the career I'll probably wait for a sale and I'm pretty much a sim content collector soooo... :|
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    Going to say what I said before.

I know a lot of people aren't fond of the Sims Moschino collection irl, but Lindsay did say there were more clothing options beyond that one collection.

I always loved the H&M and DIESEL Sims Stuff Packs because they always had the best most fashionable clothing so I'm exited for this. Let there be designer clothing for my sims.

Plus Fashion Photographer is something that a lot of people wanted. Not only because of the fact that it's another fashion career but also because it's a career that finally uses the photography skill. They might even update the skill/feature.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Yeah I feel like I’ll probably wait for a sale as well, honestly moschino clothes are just so out there... an odd colab in my opinion
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I don't care for fashion in real life so I don't really care that's it's a real fashion pack but I like new CAS items so...
    But I'm excited about the photography.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I feel they only added the career so the pack will sell... But I’ll be getting it on sale. Or not at all, if it’s too... Moshino for me. I don’t like the brand.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I only grew interest on this pack when they mentioned the Carrer and specialy because it's photography related. They bought me for sure.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm probably that one person in the corner more interested in my Sims wearing Moschino than in being a fashion photographer. Long-time Moschino fan - like, since he started out - who can't afford it in real life!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'm probably that one person in the corner more interested in my Sims wearing Moschino than in being a fashion photographer. Long-time Moschino fan - like, since he started out - who can't afford it in real life!

Same boat here ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm gonna buy it just to support EA and the Sims team. I appreciate the hard work they have been putting into TS4, my favorite game, and they deserve my money. I think the new career would be a nice addition just to give sims something different, but I'm not interested and won't get any use out of the clothes.
  • Options
    LariSilvaLariSilva Posts: 30 Member
    Not quite sure about this pack though. I loved the Island Living and super excited for Realm of Magic, but this one seems more like My First Pet Stuff or something like that. As said before, this new career seems like the only thing new that they might add. But hoping to be pleasantly surprised!
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I don't mind the idea, but it all depends on the execution.

The career does sound interesting and I'll definitely give it a go, so no issues there.

However, I hope the developers are mindful when they're creating colours and swatches of the pack items. While I don't mind having heavily stylized items in the game, it is also nice to have plain styles too - not everyone wants the Moschino logo or branding put on everything. It's like how they released that hoodie as part of a patch, I love the mesh but I hate that there's only 3 swatches and no plain variant.
    I also think that any logos or branding should be in Simlish so it fits in better with the game aesthetic.

As long as they keep things like this in mind, I think the pack will appeal to more people and I'd be more than happy to buy it.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Not a big fan of Moshino at all. But I might get it for the hair and the new career. Will have to see what else is in the pack for clothes also. Hope it has more than black and bear stuff.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'll have to see what items come in it before I decide. I know i'll never get Spooky stuff, seeing I don't celebrate Halloween, but I MAY go for this, depending on the items. If they're nice, sure! If not, nope.
    But if it costs more than the usual $10, like the Sweet Treats pack did though? no way, I'm not supporting licencing fees.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm not sure what michsuno is?

i was at work til a few minutes ago so still going through the annocements.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Moschino is an Italian fashion designer who Maxis is doing a collaboration with. (He's done collaborations with a lot of other brands in the past - the brand is playful as well as edgy - though I hate that word.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Moschino is an Italian fashion designer who Maxis is doing a collaboration with. (He's done collaborations with a lot of other brands in the past - the brand is playful as well as edgy - though I hate that word.)

thanks luth. :)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I don't mind the idea, but it all depends on the execution.

The career does sound interesting and I'll definitely give it a go, so no issues there.

However, I hope the developers are mindful when they're creating colours and swatches of the pack items. While I don't mind having heavily stylized items in the game, it is also nice to have plain styles too - not everyone wants the Moschino logo or branding put on everything. It's like how they released that hoodie as part of a patch, I love the mesh but I hate that there's only 3 swatches and no plain variant.
    I also think that any logos or branding should be in Simlish so it fits in better with the game aesthetic.

As long as they keep things like this in mind, I think the pack will appeal to more people and I'd be more than happy to buy it.

I agree, but maybe they're not allowed to. Much of the reason companies do collaborations like this is to promote each other. With no logo, it defeats the point.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nope! That hoodie they forced on us was ugly, and they couldn't even put the writing in Simlish! English lettering does NOT belong in The Sims at all.

Hard pass on this one.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I agree, but maybe they're not allowed to. Much of the reason companies do collaborations like this is to promote each other. With no logo, it defeats the point.

I'm totally fine with logos and I expect it from a Moschino collaboration, all I'm saying is that it would be great to include plain swatches as well as stylized ones.

Maybe they are allowed to do that, maybe they're not. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for now.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I will get it but way down the road as it really does not interest me or give me peps.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    I was totally thrilled with everything announced today except for this. The best Stuff Packs really give us new stuff to do with our Sims, like Bowling, Laundry or having a butler. The fashion photographer career seems very Similar to style influencer and aspects of Get Famous. It just feels a little redundant.

Not a fan of the idea of branded content within the Sims either. That said I will still get it because I want to have more options in CAS, but they better be the Best Clothes Everrrrrr. And plz throw us a few new pieces of furniture or a new activity to go with it.

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Was wondering what gameplay could possibly come with a stuff pack like that. Wonder if it'll be similiar to the freelance career? Now if it had like a catwalk tagging along with the pack too then I'd definitely want to buy it, plus curious to if there will be any furniture or will it be full blown clothing?

I'm....gonna wait to see what exactly type of clothing is coming with it. HOPEFULLY not as tacky as majority of stuff I saw through the brand. Wouldn't mind some fashionable clothing and even clubr elated wear long as it's not outrageously out there.

Never been big on any brand pairing with the sims. Think the only things I ever got use out of was the ikea stuff in the sims 2 and H&M clothing (since it added a lot of variety ).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I liked the Diesel pack in TS3 (in fact I almost only used Diesel clothes for young adults), so I am optimistic about this one too. And TS4 really needs some European taste.
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I’m getting it. I like fashion and I want the new fashion photographer career
  • Options
    dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member
    As long as logos are in Simlish, I'll be happy (unlike the Freezer Bunny hoodie released in the patch with English writing on- too alpha!)