Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preparing for island ep?

sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
I have the week off so really want to play the new ep but obviously isn’t out yet, so anyone have any ideas how to get ready for it?

I was thinking of making a family with a teen and when it comes out having her move to the island/maybe start a family with an islander eventually. What should I do to set her up and to make this a game save I actually stick with this time? lol
Open to any suggestions or just hearing what you like to do

Anyone else doing anything similar?

Edit oh sorry this is in the wrong section! On mobile oops

Comments

• yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I posted my ideas in another thread as well. I usually don’t plan a story line ahead of time, I like to wing it 😂 but for this pack I’m so excited I’ve decided to plan. I’m going to make a young adult and her elder father. She just moved back to the island she grew up on to take care of her father. She hasn’t been back since her mother passed away. Her father is now refreshing her memory of their culture. He’s also encouraging her to clean up the island. He’s going to teach her how to sail and fish to make a living. I love how we can fish right from the canoes so I’ll probably make them fishermen. Eventually her father will die and she will start a family of her own and pass on the traditions.

I have this all planned out in my head but when the pack actually releases I’ll probably be too excited and make a random mermaid or something 😂😂😂 I’m open to other story lines as well. What’s everyone else’s plans?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm going to make a teenager, her adopted parents, and her adopted brother (adopted parents biological son). They're going to move to Sulani, mostly to help the teenager discover her roots, as they knew for a fact this was where she was from. While there, she discovers the legend of mermaids. She decides to go out and find one, but instead finds out something she didn't know about herself... a tail.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    According to a tweet I saw, the embargo lifts June 11. I want to get a look around to see what kind of house will fit in with the surroundings and the environment and then I plan on building and preparing to move my current sim. Super excited for this pack!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    After seeing the ea play video, I spent the day working on the gardening asp. to get the trait. Going to be prepared to put out any fires on my lot from the volcano.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    Nice thread. I always like seeing how people plan to play. Mostly so I can steal ideas.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    I'm feeling a little inspired by Moana so I think my storyline is gonna be a young girl discovering the ancient forbidden stories of her people with the help of her grandmother while her father tries to stop her because of a secret in his past
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    These are all such good ideas! I’m getting excited 😊
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Luxury wrote: »
    I'm feeling a little inspired by Moana so I think my storyline is gonna be a young girl discovering the ancient forbidden stories of her people with the help of her grandmother while her father tries to stop her because of a secret in his past

Maybe you could incorporate the island spirits into your story line.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member

I did notice that there was a Mona-like boat in the scenes they showed
    6adMCGP.gif
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I'm going to create an island retirement center for my elder Sims.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    i am probably gonna have a Lilo and stitch inspired gameplay, and make a big sister challenge out of it. So its about a lonely girl, with her older sister who trys to get a job to provide for her, since the parents died. She has no friends and is kinda lika an ?outcast?
    Maybe instead of stitch as a pet or an actual alien, Lilo will discover the lore about the Island and also the deep (and maybe dark) secrets of the mermaids.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I have two households that are perfect for this EP. One of them is low on funds since they just renovated a mansion their brother left them (I got it sparsely from the gallery). So they have their task cut out for them: work on their careers like mad to be able to afford a luxury vacation.

The other household is a single celebrity sim, a photographer/travelogue writer/tourgide. He'll go there on business, maybe also to find love. He's looking back at two failed relationships: one woman married his brother and the other woman for a long time couldn't decide between Eldigan and Gunter Munch, but recently chose Gunter.
    I might ramp up Eldigan's fame to the full five stars and watch him get pursued by paparazzi wherever he goes at Sulani.

I'm really glad I play with aging off and have so many households in rotation, because otherwise the current generation would never see Sulani.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2019
    I made a family of five sims. They live in Widenburg. The father Kealani gets a call from his father who lives in Sulani. Kealani finds out from his father that his mother is ill and pleads with his son to return to the island to see his mother because he fears she won't make it. Kealani and his wife Lyla and their three children Jackson Akoni (teen), Molly Nalani (child), and Lucy Alohi) decide to head back to his home on the island. While they're there I plan on having the kids learn about their heritage and the place their father grew up.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I already have some members of families I want to transform into mermaids, and I want to start building a spa, a restaurant, a club, and maybe a park. (Will have to see how big the lots are, though.)

I am working on creating and progressing a sim into a celebrity, and then I plan to transform her into a mermaid as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Not really. I'm currently figuring out my military base, so that's pretty distracting. Managing that many Sims at the same time is never boring - although at least they're 6 adults & 1 dog, meaning they're still far more manageable and relaxing than my usual set-up of 2 adults, 3 kids, 1-2 pets. But it's just really fun. Strangerville, with its militaries, scientists, conspiracy theorists and zombie-like Sims, provides such a nice backdrop to that whole military base setting 😂

Even though I'm not actively pursuing the story and none of my recruits currently even have the Strangerville aspiration they're still constantly surrounded by this vibe of being on the verge of figuring "something" out. While they're climbing up the military ranks together (except one, who's in the scientist instead but is still considered part of the team .. and incidentally also allows me to use more of the Get to Work and alien-related stuff ;)).

I'm just having so much fun trying to work out a system for them right now (when to recruit, what their day-to-day looks like, when and how they relax or party or get to hang out on their off days). I just <3 them together, they've become such a team (even more so since their team building trip to the jungle). Athough I guess Island Living might offer them a nice way to retire later one? Not sure yet. But I'm still really looking forward to seeing the world and all the new activities, regardless of which of my Sims will end up going, I just am not actively preparing for it 😁
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Im not planning anything. I'll just take things as they come once i have the game open :)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,021 Member
    Finally got a story in mind.

I'll bring a sim to the island. Unlike his distinguished and sophisticated family, he'll be a kooky, occult-loving mystery hunter and photographer. After seeing the island's trashed state, he gets involved with conservation and discovers that he really cares about taking care of the Earth.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't really lan ahead I just adapt the current family into it. So depending on who's aging and what not I'll have them select a Island Living career and go from there.
    WbUrFQm.png
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Maybe you could incorporate the island spirits into your story line.

Great Idea!!! thanks
    MadameLee wrote: »

yeah in that CAS video I saw there was a shirt that reminded me of the one she wears, maybe the devs were inspired by the movie a touch as well
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

yeah in that CAS video I saw there was a shirt that reminded me of the one she wears, maybe the devs were inspired by the movie a touch as well

I think so:

Definitely got Moana vibes from the trailer as well :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if your explorer goes to Selvadorada and discovers a mermaid living in the hidden pool.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What if your explorer goes to Selvadorada and discovers a mermaid living in the hidden pool.

I'd love cross-pack features like that. :D So far it looks like everything is contained in Sulani, but maybe the devs will surprise us
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?