Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

Comments

• NinenessNineness Posts: 25 Member
    Attics! Usable without CC, of course. The ability to follow along on other jobs besides just those that came with GTW. Spiral staircases, different interior roof designs, curved walls, THE ABILITY TO MERGE DIFFERENT HEIGHT FOUNDATIONS WITHOUT A WORKAROUND.
    Being able to save one individual sim from a household and upload to the gallery would be a plus. It's a pain to have to make a whole new household with just that one sim and upload.
    66Pk1qL.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Updating pre-toddler packs to take toddlers into account better. Going camping with your toddler is a nightmare. Toddler-friendly outhouses, toddler-friendly camping activities, be able to add toddlers to clubs in Get Together, etc.

This would be totally awesome.

For me, the major free update I want are overhauled babies. Then cars and better personalities in no particualr order.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I only care for the baby thing. I like babies and toddlers in the game.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited June 2019
    1. Body hair.
    2. PlantSim overhaul.
    3. Freed babies.
    4. Chemistry system for romance, along with more romance options.
    5. Fears
    6. Sims being petty and vengeful toward their enemies.
    7. More traits.
    8. Another slot or two for traits.
    9. CAW.
    10. Cut down on the happy moodlets and buff the negative ones. I'm sick of my sim being happy after their entire family died because they have a painting of a nice bird in their house or something.
    11. Aquarium overhaul. Let us see, feed and raise fish we've caught.
    12. Individual character biographies. We've had this since the first game and they're crucial to fleshing out a character. The fact that this wasn't included from he start is appalling.
    13. Custom paintings. Let us access files from our computer and have sims paint them into the game.
    14. Favorites. Sims 3 let us choose our sim's favorite color, music and food.
    15. More careers.
    16. Hybrid aliens and vampires.
    17. The ability to kill an Elder Sim by making them age up with a birthday cake.
    18. Pet birds.
    19. More instruments, especially drums.
    20. If we have more instruments, maybe one of those new careers could be a gig-based band system, where you can play at certain venues.
    21. The ability to make ghosts in CAS.
    22. An overhaul on ghosts and culling. I don't want ghosts all around the neighborhood, but I don't want them to be culled either.

I'd love a personality overhaul, but I've given up on that. I don't even know how that can be done, given how the traits serve the bare-bones emotion system - a sim that's tense because they want to play video games is indistinguishable from a sim that's stressed because they're ambitious and feel like they haven't made progress in life for a while. But traits themselves could use some work, like giving more gameplay options besides serving as talking points or mood generators.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    oh yeah also being able to change normal sim in cas into vampire or alien sim and not be forced to make new sim from scratch just because changing lifestate
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    • Sitting with babies and not putting them down between actions
    • Spiral stairs and stairs with landings
    • More swatches (which we're getting! but will they be swatches I need??)
    • Conversions of the doors to sit on different numbers of tiles (oo, perfect door! but it's only a 2-tile door so it wouldn't centre grrrrrr)
    • New hair colours, esp. true white, ash blonde, strawberry blonde, and ash brown

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    • Sitting with babies and not putting them down between actions
    • Spiral stairs and stairs with landings
    • More swatches (which we're getting! but will they be swatches I need??)
    • Conversions of the doors to sit on different numbers of tiles (oo, perfect door! but it's only a 2-tile door so it wouldn't centre grrrrrr)
    • New hair colours, esp. true white, ash blonde, strawberry blonde, and ash brown

YES THAT DOOR THING also some 2 tile doors are not even in the middle of those 2 tiles so u can't put them in the middle middle which is even more annoying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    -Freed babies that sims can hold while sitting that can be bathed in sinks or placed in objects that aren't that stinking bassinet (activity mat, swing, bouncy chair, crib, changing table).
    -Option for any bedding to be used with any bed.
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Somethings I would like to see in a free Update/New pack

-Reworked Rocketships (less Missile, more Star Fighter)
    -Gardening Station (like the Sims 3 Stores Swiftgrow Gardening Station, but affecting a whole room, especially useful for greenhouses)
    -Updated Alien Genetics (like multiple arms, Eyes, A Tail, more animal-like Legs, something to make aliens really exotic looking)
    -Updated Ghosts (the ability to continue playing single households, but as a ghost)
    -A Style Copy and Paste (something that enables you to copy a theme or art style from one object or CAS, and applies it to another object)
    -Small Personal Vehicles (like bicycles, skateboards, and perhaps hoverboards as well)

Somethings I Personally don't want to see/feel won't work in the sims 4 period

-Cars and large Land Based Vehicles (unless they work like sims 3, but you would still have to contend with the closed world)
    -Witches as an exclusive Lifestate (in the sense that magic can only be done as a Quote/Unquote Un-hybridizable Lifestate)
    -People Screaming Throthing mad about University and "Laundry", and "Boho Style" when we could have them as a Base Game Item, with potential additional Versions, like the washing machine, and for starters just be patient, it will come eventually (the expressions of myself on these last two subjects during the Community Stuff Pack Vote), and to point out that the only thing I actually used in the Sims 3 University Pack was Plantsims, and the Extra Unlockable Trait Slots and didn't really like much else (I really only bought University for the Plantsims, as I did with All of the First Expansion packs I bought, I focused on the occults, and not really the features that came with them)

The last one was more of a rant about the uncontrolled fandom around the forums, My advice. . . Be Patient, it will most likely and most certainly come eventually.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    -Cars and garage doors
    -More hair colors (especially a dark blonde color that doesn't look like yellow)
    -Stairs landing tool (so we can make L-shaped and U-shaped stairs and customize the height of the landings)
    -Spiral staircases, ladders, maybe even elevators
    -Swimming in the ocean (we might be getting that with the Island Living patch, unless it's restricted to the new world)
    -Split leveling by having different foundation heights right next to each other
    -Pond tool (I'm tired of making fake ponds by using the pool tool, especially now that we have terrain tools)
    -Different wall heights in the same level (useful especially since we can have different foundation heights)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Preschoolers and preteens and then free the babies
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    pond tool
    favourites- food, colour, music etc
    zodiac signs
    body hair
    more hair colours
    creating ghosts in cas
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    -The ability to create babies and pregnancies in CAS

Yes! This! Not just this. You should be able to set whatever you want at the beginning of CAS. Not just basic relationships like "married", but full sliders for all the relationship bars, options for what kind of funds they are starting with, etc.

If I want to start a game with a pair of enemies and make them live on a lot together with $0, I shouldn't need cheats to do that. If I want to start a game with a family living in a mansion, but the husband doesn't realize the baby is his brother's, I shouldn't need cheats, or to play the game to that point when I want it to be my starting point. I should just be able to say when making the family "these two are in love, these two hate each other, here's a baby, and they have this much money".

If I want to make a young adult, but it's three days to her birthday, I should be able to specify her age to that degree in the initial CAS. Or she's pregnant but not showing yet. Or whatever! I should be able to make a family in any state in the opening CAS. Even if they hide the options for only advanced players to use, they should still be in the UI.

I think they leave it out because they don't want it to be "too easy" or something, but I'd use it to make the game hard on myself as often as I'd use it to make the story how I want it. Most of the very few mods I have I actually use because they make the game more unpredictable and alive. I cheat more often to remove funds than add them, and every time I do I think "it's bonkers I couldn't just SET this households net worth before deciding where to move them."

This level of control and personalization would revolutionize the game!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I would like to see brumbrums :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Was reminded of this when reading about someone wanting a baby overhaul in a different thread. I'm always excited for new content, but there's a lot of things I'd like to see them address in the games we've already got, too. I think they won't get to a lot of this because they don't like doing major free updates on anything but the base game, which is a shame because the rest of the packs need a lot of attention. I'll post some of my stuff.
    • Updating pre-toddler packs to take toddlers into account better. Going camping with your toddler is a nightmare. Toddler-friendly outhouses, toddler-friendly camping activities, be able to add toddlers to clubs in Get Together, etc.
    • ^ this, but with pets. Packs before pets updated to take pets into account.
    • Plus just a Toddler CAS free update. A couple new hairs or clothing items to make up that there are none of them in the early packs. Can be randomly assigned to those packs if they wish, so what packs you have determine what new toddler stuff you get.
    • Updating pre-seasons packs to take seasons into account. Adding "waterproofing" upgrades to electronics, that are on by default at Geekcon computers. And on that TV from Movie Stuff that is literally billed as an outdoor TV and still glitches in the rain. Adding outdoor heating like they have at restaurants and putting it at the festivals in winter.
    • Fixing whims so they stop wanting pet toys they already own or to go steady when they're already married. And do get whims related to, like, what's directly going on around them (like maybe wanting to plead with the Reaper for your dying father?? No you want to buy a washing machine?? What??)
    • Fixing aliens. Making their disguises meaningful, making being discovered meaningful, adding lot traits, maybe even aspirations and powers. Also hiding them behind a gameplay unlock or adding a toggle for people who don't want to play with them.
    • Re-balancing emotions, and making personalities and traits more noticeable.
    • Landings on stairs. L and U shaped stairs. Spiral stairs.
    • Burglars
    • Calling the police and firefighters
    • Being able to go to the hospital or call a doctor for a house visit when you are sick. Being able to go to the hospital for an ultrasound or something when pregnant.
    • Festivals on the Seasons calendar.
    • Improvement on bizarre "I heard you became friends with your sister! She's pretty cool!" texts that your sim gets from, like, their dad.
    • Exportable family tree. Sims being more aware of their family tree and their household.
    • And, of course, the baby overhaul. Free them!

There's more, but I've already typed up a wall. What would you like to see in a free update? What thing do you just think "God, I wish they would go back to this and change/tweak it" when you're playing? What obvious feature feels missing to you?

These would all be amazing.

Plus sim biographies, curved pools, ceiling tiles, burglars, doorbells and body hair.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    -Freed babies that sims can hold while sitting that can be bathed in sinks or placed in objects that aren't that stinking bassinet (activity mat, swing, bouncy chair, crib, changing table).
    -Option for any bedding to be used with any bed.

Oh that sounds so good. I feel like they will overhaul babies. Cause they've done such a good job with tots, gardening, seasons and the holidays and even vampires lol. I don't like them, or occults in general, but they're done really well I think. Plus the fame system and the career system.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    -a set of basic, realistic-looking furniture with basic colors that all match. And they have decent stats as well

Oh god, this! Honestly, you should have the option when buying any furniture with stats (especially chairs and beds) to choose better or worse stats for it and the price goes up or down. Sometimes the cheaper beds are cuter, but my sims don't get any sleep! I'll pay more for the same bed if they sleep better!

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    LiELF wrote: »
    - A Fear emotion and customizable fears/phobias.

- A chemistry system and a way to set Sim attraction preferences and turn-offs.

- Memories system so that Sims can remember important moments in their lives and have those memories influence their behaviors.

- A flaws system to give Sims more realistic personalities.

- The default Happy mood changed to Fine.

- Consequences, believable enmity, and new animations and behaviors for Sims who don't get along.

- More Occults/Fantastical Beings/Superheroes done in the quality of Vampires.

- A trait randomizer in CAS.

- More meaningful traits.

- World editing tool.

Yes!!! All of this!!! Especially the randomizer. It's absolutely wild when playing certain challenges that I have to go find some hard-to-use website on my phone and tell it what expansions I have, or count all the possibilities and then use a random number generator. There should be a little random button both in CAS for traits and aspirations and in the menus that pop up when the kids age up.

Also it should tell us with the first baby if they've had a singleton or twins or triplets. It might affect what I want to name them!

And god, I miss memories, fears, turn-offs.

And I literally use a mod to change happy to fine because otherwise my sims are having a good day and someone tells one (1) joke and then they're dying of hysterical laughter.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, based on a screen I saw earlier in the presentation, we are actually getting a trait randomizer in CAS :tongue:

No major free update was announced, but it's okay, because I'm very interested in both the EP and GP
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    So I don't really want cars, BUT, I was watching a YouTuber's Sims 2 lets play a few days ago and remembered something I desperately wanted back in Sims 2 and was very dissapointed we didn't get in Sims 3.

Carseats. Like. if I remember correctly (it has been a few years since my computer couldn't handle TS3 very well), if someone is carrying a toddler they just call a cab and hold the toddler on their hip in the cab. I desperately wanted little carseats for the back of cars in TS3. Especially after we got strollers I wanted them even more, lol.

If we did end up getting cars in 4 or any other sim iteration, I futilely hope for carseats (and actual animations. not poof-teleportations).

I do agree with most of the other suggestions on here, though. Toddlers were such a massive improvement to the game for me, but a lot of pre-toddler things are just obnoxious if you try to include them.

Also, more Elder things. I usually just make my Elder work till the day they die because... what is retirement, even? I usually don't have unfulfilled lifetime wishes by the time they hit Elder, and since there's nothing special about being one I don't really pay attention to them.
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
    Gordy wrote: »
    1. Body hair.
    11. Aquarium overhaul. Let us see, feed and raise fish we've caught.
    12. Individual character biographies. We've had this since the first game and they're crucial to fleshing out a character. The fact that this wasn't included from he start is appalling.
    13. Custom paintings. Let us access files from our computer and have sims paint them into the game.
    17. The ability to kill an Elder Sim by making age up with a birthday cake.
    22. An overhaul on ghosts and culling. I don't want ghosts all around the neighborhood, but I don't want them to be culled either.

I'd love a personality overhaul, but I've given up on that. I don't even know how that can be done, given how the traits serve the bare-bones emotion system - a sim that's tense because they want to play video games is indistinguishable from a sim that's stressed because they're ambitious and feel like they haven't made progress in life for a while. But traits themselves could use some work, like giving more gameplay options besides serving as talking points or mood generators.

(cut some stuff because I'd just be repeating myself, but they were ALL really good points)

1. YES! Absolutely. Body hair should be base game and it should be a free update. 100%

11. Yeah, I've had a pet goldfish in one save who has outlived several generations without a single need to clean or feed it. Humans and cats pass but this apparently amaranthine goldfish has outlived them all. Dynamic aquariums for sure, I want my fish to die as fast as rodents do. (If we could decorate the aquariums ourselves in the way we decorate the sims homes, that would also be cool, but maybe to much to ask for a free update).

12. Yeah, definitely. The fact that I can't add a little note "is mad at [x sim] for [y]" or writing out their stories somewhere is obnoxious. Even worse (as has been mentioned again and again) is the lack of memories. We have the relationship bars, but the sims have no context for what got those relationship bars to that place. So I can't look up my sims history (when they first woohoo'ed, with who, their first day at work, etc) and my sims don't distinguish between "person my SO cheated on me with" and "guy who wouldn't leave me alone at a BBQ". This went off the rails. If the game's mechanics won't do it, at least let me! Sometimes I don't go back to a save for a while and there's nothing to remind me what's going on.

13. YES. Custom paintings! Also make it easier to paint another sims portrait, or paint from a photo you've taken. Also, bring back sculptures of sims. We have the woodworking table. They could be wood and I'd be fine with that. They would really complete my legacy graveyards, ykwim?

17. We need more for Elders in general. It's honestly a game pack I'd really like. If we can't kill them with a birthday cake (which might be a little morose) being able to throw them a retirement party or something (that might kill them off a little early) would be great. But that reminds me of another thing!

ANOTHER THING: Grim reaper animations. I really miss some of the ghost/grim animations from the Sims 3. When an Elder sim died and their ghost would float out of their body, and the grim reaper would hold out a had to them, and they'd smile and take it and walk to the light? It squeezed my heart. The first time I played with a dog in Sims 3 and saw the animation for an old dog's death, with Grim cuddling them and throwing the ball, I burst into TEARS. I miss that stuff. Now the grim does the same thing no matter who he's taking and no matter how they died. Those little animations added a lot, and I don't have a lot of hope we'll ever see them in an update but it would mean so much if we did.

Also we should have funerals.

22. Definitely. There should really be a limit on when/where ghosts show up. I don't want them culled either (ruins family trees), but there's gotta be, like, a way to stop them from showing up at all the clubs and cafes. Go home, Candy! You've been dead for a hundred years! We already have Ghost Night at the bar if you WANT to meet a some ghosts. Outside of something like that triggering their appearance, or it being the lot their urn/grave is on, they shouldn't really be wandering around.

Sometimes I stream.

-Updated Alien Genetics (like multiple arms, Eyes, A Tail, more animal-like Legs, something to make aliens really exotic looking)
    -Updated Ghosts (the ability to continue playing single households, but as a ghost)

Oooooh, I like these a lot. (I mean I liked everything you wrote, but this stuck out to me). Of course, I'm really vocal about wanting revamped/improved aliens more than anything. But that reminds me -

better genetics overall!

An improved genetics system with some recessive traits or the ability for things to skip a generation and more nuance in the meeting/blending of features. I understand a lot of the criticisms of Sims 3, and I feel like when people talk about what they miss other people might hear it as bashing Sims 4, when there's tons of stuff I think Sims 4 does better than any other game! But The Sims 3 genetics were astounding and I miss them.

(Plus alien hybrid babies should be able to inherit alien eyes and human skin tones while still be hybrid, thank you for coming to my TED talk.)

And yeah, when your sim last sim dies getting the option "continue playing as a ghost?" would be amazing. IDK why they don't have that now.

Sometimes I stream.

icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Well, based on a screen I saw earlier in the presentation, we are actually getting a trait randomizer in CAS :tongue:

No major free update was announced, but it's okay, because I'm very interested in both the EP and GP

*_* really??

I'll have to go rewatch. I'm already excited as hell, but this makes me absolutely ecstatic!
    Sometimes I stream.

EmoFlowers wrote: »
    So I don't really want cars, BUT, I was watching a YouTuber's Sims 2 lets play a few days ago and remembered something I desperately wanted back in Sims 2 and was very dissapointed we didn't get in Sims 3.

Carseats. Like. if I remember correctly (it has been a few years since my computer couldn't handle TS3 very well), if someone is carrying a toddler they just call a cab and hold the toddler on their hip in the cab. I desperately wanted little carseats for the back of cars in TS3. Especially after we got strollers I wanted them even more, lol.

If we did end up getting cars in 4 or any other sim iteration, I futilely hope for carseats (and actual animations. not poof-teleportations).

I do agree with most of the other suggestions on here, though. Toddlers were such a massive improvement to the game for me, but a lot of pre-toddler things are just obnoxious if you try to include them.

Also, more Elder things. I usually just make my Elder work till the day they die because... what is retirement, even? I usually don't have unfulfilled lifetime wishes by the time they hit Elder, and since there's nothing special about being one I don't really pay attention to them.

Strollers! I'd love that. And they should definitely have carseats if they add cars.

And yeah, Elders are surprisingly high on my wishlist. I was talking to my roommate about it being one of my most-wanted gamepacks or something and she was like "why?? they aren't interesting to play" and I was like "THAT'S WHY". At that point it really does become waiting around for them to die sometimes and it's kind of a letdown. Like with teenagers, there's not enough setting them apart from regular adults.
    Sometimes I stream.