Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play more sims 3 than sims 4? *2019*

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    I play more sims 4 than sims 3
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Twenty versions of the same chair..? Or twenty different chairs? Hardly think that's what's causing problems in your game by the way, chairs.

Do not take it too seriously :joy: what I really mean is i just saw many objects i have no real use for nor do they serve anything in my gameplay so I got frustrated at the game because the amount of objects and cas items you load on side of expansions with sims 3 is huge and I don't see the point of it when there is color wheels and style of items is rather similiar like i get how some people would say ts4 has too little stuff but if i go in ts3 i start feeling it is a blessing to not have too many things :joy:
    What I would have loved, is the ability to deselect certain packs in CAS or buy mode as a default. In CAS I'd deselect ITF and basegame, that's for sure ;) Not because I never use stuff coming from those categories, but when I do it's for special occasions.

yeah id like it if i could just not run all those additional items in my game or they actually made like cheaper versions of packs that do not include random build & buy items that have no new gameplay and are there just to be pretty
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    I play The Sims 4 more ONLY because it runs way betters on my computer than Sims 3. On the other hand, if I had a choice, I'd play Sims 3 over Sims 4 anyday.
    MPy9H9S.gif
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I play more sims 3 than sims 4
    Sims 3 is my favourite game. I can use it as a sandbox, a create-your-own-game kit rather than a game. I need open word and story progression for a sandbox.

Sims 4 works better for me when I'm playing a single sim and a linear storyline. I enjoyed Jungle Adventures, and I'm just playing Strangerville for the first time and loving it.
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Nahhh. I just play the sims 3
    @Simmingal In case you use Master Controller, there's an option that simplifies the CAST options. It doesn't show all the colored versions of the same items. On the other hand, you have to click on all clothes to assign better colors. I often play like this. Also, I usually start with swimwear or athletic clothing so that I can mark which eps I want to see for the other categories. It's a pain if you change hairstyles and clothes, these things get unmarked.

I love Sims 3 but some things should have been streamlined. I believe when they created the game they didn't consider the endless possibilities it would end up offering.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019
    xLunaSimsx wrote: »
    I play The Sims 4 more ONLY because it runs way betters on my computer than Sims 3. On the other hand, if I had a choice, I'd play Sims 3 over Sims 4 anyday.

Newer computers run TS3 fine and are affordable. If you ever want to buy a new computer, stop by the TS3 technical section here and ask what new and affordable computers will play TS3 well. Most newer computers come with newer graphics cards that aren't listed in TS3's config file, so come back to the TS3 tech section again to get help on on updating the config file and get your TS3 game running again.

TS4 may be newer but it is still lacking in so many ways. You'll get more enjoyment out of TS3 than you would TS4.

@Simmingal In case you use Master Controller, there's an option that simplifies the CAST options. It doesn't show all the colored versions of the same items. On the other hand, you have to click on all clothes to assign better colors. I often play like this. Also, I usually start with swimwear or athletic clothing so that I can mark which eps I want to see for the other categories. It's a pain if you change hairstyles and clothes, these things get unmarked.

I love Sims 3 but some things should have been streamlined. I believe when they created the game they didn't consider the endless possibilities it would end up offering.

Yes, MasterController makes all the CAS stuff compact. There's also a filter there that toggles hiding whole packs so that's what I use as well.

Simburian wrote: »
    Got every game from 2001 and pack for them but now play Sims 4 all the time now. It just suits me better for building and creating small neighbourhoods that I have in my country.

I don't know if you realize it, but you can create small worlds in TS3 too. That's how flexible TS3 is! :)
    Twenty versions of the same chair..? Or twenty different chairs? Hardly think that's what's causing problems in your game by the way, chairs.

Do not take it too seriously :joy: what I really mean is i just saw many objects i have no real use for nor do they serve anything in my gameplay so I got frustrated at the game because the amount of objects and cas items you load on side of expansions with sims 3 is huge and I don't see the point of it when there is color wheels and style of items is rather similiar like i get how some people would say ts4 has too little stuff but if i go in ts3 i start feeling it is a blessing to not have too many things :joy:

I love how TS4 simmers try to justify the little content they have. The point of having many different kinds of objects is to have the greatest amount of creativity. That's what TS3 has always been about. Nearly anything you can think of can be created in TS3 - different historical periods, as well as genres (like gothic, futuristic, etc.) that can't be created in TS4.

I've often seen many complaints in the TS4 section that there aren't enough styles of furniture/clothes and other things for whatever specific historic period or lifestyle they want to create so.... I'd much rather have the flexbility of TS3 and the variety of items it offers than the very lack of them in TS4.

It's already been mentioned before, but there are ways to organize or hide packs that you don't currently need in TS3's CAS.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I can understand when you play the game on a computer that can’t really handle it, things like that matter. It just doesn’t apply to me. I like a lot of choice in furniture :mrgreen: The only thing that annoys me really is that in CAS I have to scroll through the many pretty ugly ITF clothes. But it’s just a pet peeve really, not enough to quit playing ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just play the sims 4. That's all.
    Simburian wrote: »
    Got every game from 2001 and pack for them but now play Sims 4 all the time now. It just suits me better for building and creating small neighbourhoods that I have in my country.

I don't know if you realize it, but you can create small worlds in TS3 too. That's how flexible TS3 is! :)

This is a Poll not a debate. I played Sims 3 from 2009 to 2014 and I know what game suits me best. I found this poll via Discussions and didn't realise it was in the Sims 3 forum. I wouldn't have replied if I had checked properly.
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Sims 3 is my most favourite game and even though I can't play it anymore due to not being able to afford a big laptop or pc tower :( I miss it so much and hope sims 5 is like sims 3
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've used this analogy before. Just because your local ice cream parlor offers 131 flavors, that doesn't mean you are obligated to have or seriously consider some of each one on every visit. I like having the dizzying arrays of choices to select from even if most often I walk away with regular vanilla or chocolate. It's much the same with my favorite coffee places that offer seemingly hundreds of selections, I like the choices but usually I just come away with a plain, regular coffee. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited June 2019

I love how TS4 simmers try to justify the little content they have. The point of having many different kinds of objects is to have the greatest amount of creativity. That's what TS3 has always been about. Nearly anything you can think of can be created in TS3 - different historical periods, as well as genres (like gothic, futuristic, etc.) that can't be created in TS4.

I've often seen many complaints in the TS4 section that there aren't enough styles of furniture/clothes and other things for whatever specific historic period or lifestyle they want to create so.... I'd much rather have the flexbility of TS3 and the variety of items it offers than the very lack of them in TS4.

It's already been mentioned before, but there are ways to organize or hide packs that you don't currently need in TS3's CAS.

idk about other players of sims 4 but i am not trying to justify anything saying this

i honestly do feel like sims 3 has too many objects like it stresses me out when i go in b/b in sims 3 with all expansions
    maybe its because i like my irl life rather minimal too so the big amounts of objects I do not use make me feel this way who knows

the thing is I need the hobby objects, activities and gameplay from ts3 and its packs but I don't honestly need all that build and buy when there is recolors I always end up using same counters same fridge same shower same tub same toilet... i just change the colors at times and I know this so would you not be annoyed having slow computer and trying to run all those things you never use? and pay for tons of objects ur not going to use when you buy a pack?

like maybe for you that is not issue u have good computer and it is okay but also id just like a working game with things i actually need in it :/ also aint saying ts4 dun have loads of unneeded things but at least I can actually play it instead of crashing all the time

the bottom line of this is just I wish there was options that allowed players to choose whether or not they want b/b objects and cas objects or not when they load a pack because maybe then i could play ts3 with less issues

it is not about HIDING THEM it is about NOT HAVING THEM TAKE SPACE ON YOUR COMPUTER IN GENERAL
    and also i am not saying game should not have those objects i am saying i should be able to turn them off completely for my game that does not run with them without having to sacrifice gameplay of those packs at same time
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    I play Sims 2, 3, and 4 all regularly. My favorite by far is 3 and 4 is what I play the least. The emotion system ruins 4 for me because the Sims just seem so shallow and all act the same depending on what emotion they’re feeling. I get excited about new releases but always get bored very quickly because I miss the depth and creativity I get with 3 or 2.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    I've used this analogy before. Just because your local ice cream parlor offers 131 flavors, that doesn't mean you are obligated to have or seriously consider some of each one on every visit. I like having the dizzying arrays of choices to select from even if most often I walk away with regular vanilla or chocolate. It's much the same with my favorite coffee places that offer seemingly hundreds of selections, I like the choices but usually I just come away with a plain, regular coffee. :)
    Yes, exactly. Sims 3 can be overwhelming when you want to use it all at once. So, the trick is not to use it all at once. And it’s true Sims 3 needs a good computer, but that’s exactly why I prefer playing the game. It shows.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • alexdharrisalexdharris Posts: 3 New Member
    As my computer can handle the sims 3 usually, I prefer to go with 3 rather than 4. I have played sims 3 for years and sims 4 is okay just I prefer all the different EPs and the game is general. (Is that weird?)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

I build a lot so having all those items comes in very handy. There was certainly a degree of overlap between store and expansion pack items but then not everyone could afford to pay for an entire expansion pack so buying individual items made it possible for them to add to their game. Even now I wouldn't mind more content but at the same time I would also appreciate a better search and filter facility.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm in the "I enjoy having all these choices" camp, but I agree that buy mode could use a better search and find facility! There are some objects I was never able to find in buy mode until I noticed them by accident, because they were placed in categories I never would have expected in a million years. (I'm looking at you, Christmas tree. And at you too, World of Wonder circus wagon.)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2019
    the bottom line of this is just I wish there was options that allowed players to choose whether or not they want b/b objects and cas objects or not when they load a pack because maybe then i could play ts3 with less issues

it is not about HIDING THEM it is about NOT HAVING THEM TAKE SPACE ON YOUR COMPUTER IN GENERAL
    and also i am not saying game should not have those objects i am saying i should be able to turn them off completely for my game that does not run with them without having to sacrifice gameplay of those packs at same time

I agree completely and will even go a step further in my wish for a future version of Sims - I would like the option to load or enable only certain game play things from an expansion. I would love to not have IF's or the whole curfew/scolding situation introduced with Generations or the new reputation system. And I would love to not have most of the adult clothing items from that EP. So for me it's not the disk space that's the problem (it doesn't effect game play) so I would want to install all content from an EP. But I would like to be able to disable the parts I don't like.

In general I do like many choices of furnishings but I could do without quite a lot. On the other hand I would want as many build objects as possible, since I like to build. :)

But we don't have it so bad since we have NRaas and other mods to give us options on configuring our game and to fix most EA problems.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    i play the sims 4 more, every time i try to play the sims 3, im met with lag spikes on a gpu 1070!
    The sims 3 imo looks out of date as well, textures look funny.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    edited June 2019
    cwaddell wrote: »

I agree completely and will even go a step further in my wish for a future version of Sims - I would like the option to load or enable only certain game play things from an expansion. I would love to not have IF's or the whole curfew/scolding situation introduced with Generations or the new reputation system. And I would love to not have most of the adult clothing items from that EP. So for me it's not the disk space that's the problem (it doesn't effect game play) so I would want to install all content from an EP. But I would like to be able to disable the parts I don't like.

In general I do like many choices of furnishings but I could do without quite a lot. On the other hand I would want as many build objects as possible, since I like to build. :)

But we don't have it so bad since we have NRaas and other mods to give us options on configuring our game and to fix most EA problems.

yeah I mean it is nice to have lots of objects when ur in building /interior mood but sometimes i just want to play and not have all that but also at same time i do like the gameplay of the pack so to disable pack it gets very complicated
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I definitely play Sims 3 more than Sims 4. I have tried so many times to get into Sims 4, but I must be missing something. The worlds are weird, hardly any homes in them and it just doesn't seem as immersive as Sims 3. I just can't seem to focus on the game enough when playing Sims 4, I find myself wanting to be back in my worlds and towns in Sims 3.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited June 2019
    I build more in Sims 4. In fact, I am fairly certain I am done building altogether in Sims 3. That's one of the only things I really do prefer in Sims 4 is building, even though there are little challenges with building in 4 not seen in 3. I've always been a Sims Builder. The problem for me with 4 is when I hit "live mode." Even four years later Sims 4 has so many little things "off" about it that after I finish creating my house, I turn the game off. But, for now, I do spend more time in Sims 4 than I do Sims 3. I don't think I have even gone into Sims 3 since last October.

edit: typo
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    I play Sims 3 mostly. It has basically everything I want. I try to replicate my gameplay in Sims 4 and it just doesn't work. I can't get into it. When I want to do something for the short term and for a change of environment I play 4. When I intend on really diving into the game and playing realistically I play Sims 3.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I play all of them, but I enjoy playing The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 the most as they have more objects to interact with, I prefer how the AI works, I prefer family play in earlier games and the worlds are bigger and customizable.