Was reminded of this when reading about someone wanting a baby overhaul in a different thread. I'm always excited for new content, but there's a lot of things I'd like to see them address in the games we've already got, too. I think they won't get to a lot of this because they don't like doing major free updates on anything but the base game, which is a shame because the rest of the packs need a lot of attention. I'll post some of my stuff.
- Updating pre-toddler packs to take toddlers into account better. Going camping with your toddler is a nightmare. Toddler-friendly outhouses, toddler-friendly camping activities, be able to add toddlers to clubs in Get Together, etc.
- ^ this, but with pets. Packs before pets updated to take pets into account.
- Plus just a Toddler CAS free update. A couple new hairs or clothing items to make up that there are none of them in the early packs. Can be randomly assigned to those packs if they wish, so what packs you have determine what new toddler stuff you get.
- Updating pre-seasons packs to take seasons into account. Adding "waterproofing" upgrades to electronics, that are on by default at Geekcon computers. And on that TV from Movie Stuff that is literally billed as an outdoor TV and still glitches in the rain. Adding outdoor heating like they have at restaurants and putting it at the festivals in winter.
- Fixing whims so they stop wanting pet toys they already own or to go steady when they're already married. And do get whims related to, like, what's directly going on around them (like maybe wanting to plead with the Reaper for your dying father?? No you want to buy a washing machine?? What??)
- Fixing aliens. Making their disguises meaningful, making being discovered meaningful, adding lot traits, maybe even aspirations and powers. Also hiding them behind a gameplay unlock or adding a toggle for people who don't want to play with them.
- Re-balancing emotions, and making personalities and traits more noticeable.
- Landings on stairs. L and U shaped stairs. Spiral stairs.
- Calling the police and firefighters
- Being able to go to the hospital or call a doctor for a house visit when you are sick. Being able to go to the hospital for an ultrasound or something when pregnant.
- Festivals on the Seasons calendar.
- Improvement on bizarre "I heard you became friends with your sister! She's pretty cool!" texts that your sim gets from, like, their dad.
- Exportable family tree. Sims being more aware of their family tree and their household.
- And, of course, the baby overhaul. Free them!
There's more, but I've already typed up a wall. What would you like to see in a free update? What thing do you just think "God, I wish they would go back to this and change/tweak it" when you're playing? What obvious feature feels missing to you?
This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.