Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play more sims 3 than sims 4? *2019*

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Nahhh. I just play the sims 3
    Didn’t motivate my choice: I have played Sims 4 so up till a year ago my answer would have been ‘I play more sims 3 than sims 4’, but I just find myself less and less interested in playing Sims 4. I still read about its developments, I’m sort of hoping they’re working on a successor (sort of, I don’t have the illusion a successor will cater me because I’m as far from their target group as a person can be; even my Sims-indifferent 19 and 22 year olds come closer), but as for playing it’s 100% back to Sims 3 nowadays (apart from trying out other games that have nothing to do with Sims).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I play more sims 3 than sims 4
    I voted for "I play more sims 3 than sims 4". And I only say that as I just recently installed TS4 while it was still free this weekend from Origin. TS4 seems okay but I still love TS3 very much and probably always will plus I have still have a lot to do in TS3 as I haven't really scratched the surface of the game yet. I'll probably play TS4 when I get bored playing my World of Warcraft and TS3 games as I do get kind of burnt out easily when I play a game for so long.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I would if the current state of my computer could handle it. My old vid card sounded like it wanted to launch into space when I played, but I was still able to play. After upgrading, it takes more than half an hour to load a save and it's so "laggy", it's impossible to play. I think my CPU or motherboard isn't happy with the newer card. So now I have to wait until I can upgrade to a newer system entirely. :'(

It might be worth asking a question about compatibility in the technical section. It might be something easy to fix.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    why does threads like this keep popping up? ppl like what they like end of thread
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    It's also only been a few months since I played TS4 (since Reduced Random Townies broke while the modder was busy) and I had racked up over 2800 hours with it before that, but since then I actually uninstalled it so I voted based on that fact. I probably won't reinstall or play it again (unless they fix the AI and other core things, which people think they won't because it's too core and difficult, so I gave up hope). Vanilla townie generation drove me mad so I went back again to TS3. After seeing how TS3 plays on my new, expensive desktop I felt no need to even keep TS4 installed, especially since it requests me to update it, which is now just a waste for me. Instead of update it or leave it with a distracting notification, I decided to just uninstall.

I'll catch up my hours with TS3 sometime. I also love TS2 and want to play it but TS3 has me busy and focused. My TS2 hours are a lot lower but I do love that game, though I prefer having more body shapes. All the customizing in TS3 makes me giddy. My old laptop was not a remotely good option for TS3 play so I was waiting, but then allured by Get Famous and eager to try that first. I got that pack of my system, though it has some good points. Now I can fully enjoy TS3, so I'm very happy and that's all I need for now. It's a dream. I do want to continue my Pleasantview TS2 stories and I think about that sometimes but there's a lot I want to do in TS3 first. My TS4 play/storylines? Frustrations I'd rather not think about.

BTW, I happen to usually go to "Recent Discussions" and choose what to read from there. I like to keep up to date with the Simmer world.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Yesss

I rarly play sims 4, usually when I do it is just to copy stuff for the sims 3.
  • korsetkorset Posts: 398 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    korset wrote: »
    why does threads like this keep popping up? ppl like what they like end of thread

I think if you go back and read the OP you will see exactly why this thread popped up. The OP explained with perfect clarity why.

You don't have to respond if you don't like a thread, just go on to the next one and let the rest of us enjoy the discussion. Thanks ever so much.

i read the op still doesnt make this thread any different than the many others this or that thread that pops up. just because you dont agree with my viewpoint does not mean i dont get to express it. nor does expressing it stop you from enjoying your time in this thread now have a nice day
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Yes @bekkasan , you're welcome to express your opinion, as long as you don't mind random people coming in and "ending the thread" because they don't want to read your viewpoint - but at the same time, you mustn't prevent them from lecturing you about letting them express themselves in a thread they obviously didn't like in the first place.
    Goodness me no, we can't have that.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @korset Can you please stop derailing?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »

I think if you go back and read the OP you will see exactly why this thread popped up. The OP explained with perfect clarity why.

You don't have to respond if you don't like a thread, just go on to the next one and let the rest of us enjoy the discussion. Thanks ever so much.

i read the op still doesnt make this thread any different than the many others this or that thread that pops up. just because you dont agree with my viewpoint does not mean i dont get to express it. nor does expressing it stop you from enjoying your time in this thread now have a nice day

I didn't say I didn't agree with your viewpoint. You didn't even vote, so why comment in a poll thread if you are not going to vote. I personally think the OP clarified things very well. I think you expressed your viewpoint very well, whether I or others agree or disagree with you. You don't like threads like this...okie dokie....I don't like other threads on this forum. I don't go into them expressing that and disrupting them. Thank you once again for your enlightened view of threads like this and your bewilderment that threads like this keep popping up. Its because we are human and we like to debate and discuss and see what others think. We all like what we like, that doesn't end the discussion. I like hearing why someone likes what they like. Guess what....they might change my mind to try something new.

lol at @pary. Yep....guess that is very true.

Back on topic....I love threads like this. It is always interesting to see the reasons why people play the games they play, even the ones who play the games that I don't play or that don't appeal to me. :grin: I don't play many games, but always enjoy hearing something about any game that might bring me over to the other side or viewpoint or think it is worth a try.
  • XDSelenaPotterXDSelenaPotter Posts: 66 Member
    Thank you for all votes and comments :). I have chosen for "I play more sims 3 than sims 4". Sims 3 is really a top game, no problems with the game or lagg. Sims 4 is also nice, only a loading screen everywhere goes a bit too far. But the graphics are certainly good and I enjoy it a lot with the build! I can't build in the sims 3 .... hehe ... I'll try it anyway haha.

But thanks for all the votes and reactions, now I actually see the difference what people "think" about the sims 3 and 4. That is nice to see :).
    f291cda2.gif
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member

Using this rationale, they might as well shut the boards down except for technical support questions, since the vast majority of postings revolve around what people like and don't like. Then you'd have to find another board to post "end of thread" on. In fact, perhaps we should use that criteria for all internet postings.

Oops.. where'd the internet go? smh
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I have 2 3 and 4 installed, but sims 4 to me is like someone giving me a cake and its all frosting, I keep eating forkfulls of frosting hoping eventually I'll get to the cake, and Frosting is really good! Until I realize the cake the frosting is on is really small and its just disappointing a few minutes later when I'm full off frosting.

Sims 3 I have more than gotten my money's worth. I have more hours behind sims 3 than I have money put into the game. Sims 4 I have spent only about 60 hours playing the game (Since it came out) and I have all EP and GP.
    I have no idea what my hours behind Sims 2 are, they probably rival 3's hours tbqh
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm a caregiver for my elderly parents. Sims 4 is what I play when I have a break when I'm at their house; Sims 3 is what I play to unwind and lose hours.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I play TS3 when I've got the time and am not taking a break from it and TS2 is when I don't have enough time for Sims 3 or am taking a break.I've got both games heavily Modded because some of the old TS2 cheats I used to use broke on this computer.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sims 3 only even though i own the whole collection of sims 2 and sims 4 base game. I don't even play sims 4, i just bought the base game so I could do conversions for sims 3. Sims 2 is a really good game, but i didn't grow up playing it and after while those loading screens get to me. Same reason I don't play 4 either but i have many more reason why i don't even bother with 4.
    giphy.gif

• AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    I love my open world and my CAS far too much to ever live w/o it. I have TS4, I just don't play it. And the sims are a bit too cartoonish for me in TS4. But to each their own! :)
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2019
    TS3 is my very first sims game. I remember that I installed The Sims 3 on my computer to check out the 3D models so that I could start making contemporary furniture using Blender. I got so hooked that I purchased every expansion pack and most stuff packs in the following years. I don't own the store, but I also invested in a number of items. I also have all worlds. I believe I started playing in 2014 and the game must have paid itself off. Nowadays I'm less addicted and I work on my writting skills instead of my 3D modelling ones.

I got Sims 4 but I need my brother to check a DLL problem I have. I also like The Sims Medieval and I play it once in a while.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,608 Member
    I play more sims 4 than sims 3
    I have begun playing more sims 4 than 3, I can't let 3 go as I still have my original families, and about 10 generations.
    It took me a long time to warm to 4, but I'm there now.
    I usually start by playing 3 for an hour, then move onto 4 for the next few hours.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    sometimes I try to play sims 3 because there is so much more to do than sims 4
    but also sims 3 has way too many things my computer can't run it so I am rather annoyed by it (who said we need 20 versions of same chair?)
    then there is also the problem of sims looking ugly so I just quit and go back in sims 4 because 5 crashes in row is bit too much for my patience
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Twenty versions of the same chair..? Or twenty different chairs? Hardly think that's what's causing problems in your game by the way, chairs.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Twenty versions of the same chair..? Or twenty different chairs? Hardly think that's what's causing problems in your game by the way, chairs.

Do not take it too seriously :joy: what I really mean is i just saw many objects i have no real use for nor do they serve anything in my gameplay so I got frustrated at the game because the amount of objects and cas items you load on side of expansions with sims 3 is huge and I don't see the point of it when there is color wheels and style of items is rather similiar like i get how some people would say ts4 has too little stuff but if i go in ts3 i start feeling it is a blessing to not have too many things :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited June 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Do not take it too seriously :joy: what I really mean is i just saw many objects i have no real use for nor do they serve anything in my gameplay so I got frustrated at the game because the amount of objects and cas items you load on side of expansions with sims 3 is huge and I don't see the point of it when there is color wheels and style of items is rather similiar like i get how some people would say ts4 has too little stuff but if i go in ts3 i start feeling it is a blessing to not have too many things :joy:
    What I would have loved, is the ability to deselect certain packs in CAS or buy mode as a default. In CAS I'd deselect ITF and basegame, that's for sure ;) Not because I never use stuff coming from those categories, but when I do it's for special occasions.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just play the sims 4. That's all.
    Got every game from 2001 and pack for them but now play Sims 4 all the time now. It just suits me better for building and creating small neighbourhoods that I have in my country.