Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
Was reminded of this when reading about someone wanting a baby overhaul in a different thread. I'm always excited for new content, but there's a lot of things I'd like to see them address in the games we've already got, too. I think they won't get to a lot of this because they don't like doing major free updates on anything but the base game, which is a shame because the rest of the packs need a lot of attention. I'll post some of my stuff.
  • Updating pre-toddler packs to take toddlers into account better. Going camping with your toddler is a nightmare. Toddler-friendly outhouses, toddler-friendly camping activities, be able to add toddlers to clubs in Get Together, etc.
  • ^ this, but with pets. Packs before pets updated to take pets into account.
  • Plus just a Toddler CAS free update. A couple new hairs or clothing items to make up that there are none of them in the early packs. Can be randomly assigned to those packs if they wish, so what packs you have determine what new toddler stuff you get.
  • Updating pre-seasons packs to take seasons into account. Adding "waterproofing" upgrades to electronics, that are on by default at Geekcon computers. And on that TV from Movie Stuff that is literally billed as an outdoor TV and still glitches in the rain. Adding outdoor heating like they have at restaurants and putting it at the festivals in winter.
  • Fixing whims so they stop wanting pet toys they already own or to go steady when they're already married. And do get whims related to, like, what's directly going on around them (like maybe wanting to plead with the Reaper for your dying father?? No you want to buy a washing machine?? What??)
  • Fixing aliens. Making their disguises meaningful, making being discovered meaningful, adding lot traits, maybe even aspirations and powers. Also hiding them behind a gameplay unlock or adding a toggle for people who don't want to play with them.
  • Re-balancing emotions, and making personalities and traits more noticeable.
  • Landings on stairs. L and U shaped stairs. Spiral stairs.
  • Burglars
  • Calling the police and firefighters
  • Being able to go to the hospital or call a doctor for a house visit when you are sick. Being able to go to the hospital for an ultrasound or something when pregnant.
  • Festivals on the Seasons calendar.
  • Improvement on bizarre "I heard you became friends with your sister! She's pretty cool!" texts that your sim gets from, like, their dad.
  • Exportable family tree. Sims being more aware of their family tree and their household.
  • And, of course, the baby overhaul. Free them!

There's more, but I've already typed up a wall. What would you like to see in a free update? What thing do you just think "God, I wish they would go back to this and change/tweak it" when you're playing? What obvious feature feels missing to you?
Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2019
    - Free the babies
    - Cars
    - Preteens
    - CAW
    - Swimming in all large bodies of water
    - Retail make it like Sims 2 what were they thinking
    - Clothing racks remove the mannequin no one purchases clothing off one of those
    - Toddlers added to Get Together club system
    - Chefs hostess and waiters playable in Dine Out able to hire own Sims
    - Police Firemen and Burglars
    - Traits make them actually matter and the Sim behave differently because they all act the same

Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Just making the sims a little more unique when it comes to traits, likes, dislikes, signs, etc.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2019
    I love all these ideas! I would like better personalities (e.g. traits have more impact, less happy emotion and a fear emotion, likes/dislikes, memories etc.) and more relationship CAS options (e.g. boy/girlfriend, uncle etc.), free babies, NPCs (police, burglars, firefighters etc.), cars and bikes (incl public transport and exercise bikes), more stair options (e.g. landings, split stairs and landings etc.), and probably a lot more I'm forgetting. Vampire hunters maybe.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Jennifer_Jennifer_ Posts: 42 Member
    online play would be the dream, but it's probably not possible
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 301 Member
    Bunk beds.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have a list in my signature. :D Just to summarize:

- Ponds (and an update to support split levels with the terrain tools, because I'm interested in seeing split-level houses)
    - Land vehicles
    - Burglars and cops
    - I wouldn't mind improved babies too
    - Body hair
    - Ceiling tiles/painting
    - I like what you said about taking Seasons into account, because I've seen a lot of complaints about GeekCon becoming useless when it rains. Also, how come we still don't have weather forecasts for the other worlds our sims aren't currently in?
    - Oh, and I also like rebalancing emotions. I got a mod for that and it immensely improved my game
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Jennifer_ wrote: »
    online play would be the dream, but it's probably not possible

When I asked my roommate this was exactly what she said she wanted most. Multiplayer LAN and online Sims is the dream. And I'm not talking facebook games or Sims Mobile. But true multiplayer is so far afield that I want to chide myself for even wishing for it. But yeah, I'd love it if my roommate and I could be playing the same save at the same time. And like Minecraft or whatever, you can set permissions for what kind of game you want to be hosting. So it could be a free for all where we're live-destroying each other's builds during building just to be buttheads (lol)/grabbing their sims when they release control of them to go ruin their marriage or it could be like a "you can't control other people's lots or other people's sims and here's some strict rules for who can do what" thing, and each host could decide the rules for their game.

I've always played sims with my closest friends, since I was kid. It would be nice to do that in-game somehow instead of just looking over each other's shoulders and talking about it. If my roommate and I could sit in a room together and talk about what we want to do next in the Sims the way we talk about Minecraft or Don't Starve or Guild Wars, that'd be great.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I have a list in my signature. :D Just to summarize:

- Ponds (and an update to support split levels with the terrain tools, because I'm interested in seeing split-level houses)
    - Land vehicles
    - Burglars and cops
    - I wouldn't mind improved babies too
    - Body hair
    - Ceiling tiles/painting
    - I like what you said about taking Seasons into account, because I've seen a lot of complaints about GeekCon becoming useless when it rains. Also, how come we still don't have weather forecasts for the other worlds our sims aren't currently in?

Ceiling tiles and body hair! Yes! And seeing the weather other places too. I was recently trying to plan a wedding in-game and having to go to a world I wanted to get married in just so I could open the calendar there and see if it would be raining was a pain.
    Sometimes I stream.

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Mostly everything said would be awesome imo
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Tag from TS3! Also, a fix for that teleportation bug.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited June 2019
    1. Stairs: Spiral Stairs, Ladder and ones with multiple landings
    2. couple dance just... add one at least
    3. yeah fixing '' i heard you became friends with someone i don't even know but they are cool'' texts preferably get rid of them all together
    4. possibility to add wall colors to ceilings also because it just looks so off at times
    5. split level
    6. ability to hire more services daily because i think it be rather fabulous to have cook for my sims that doesn't need to be hired every day separately (like ok there is butlers if u have that pack but i want more staff)

7. fix that family tree/family member thing i don't want to smash inside family because i forgot sims are distant relatives and also I want to see whole tree at once no matter who I tap
    8. yes to firefighters and burglars
    9. imaginary friends would be so sweet tho i used them all the time and idk what pack them fit anymore
    10. having the festival music for normal stereo channels
    11. less happiness in general my sims are always happy and like for what?
    12. i want that hawaii dance when I die grim do ur job better
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited June 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    1. Stairs: Spiral Stairs, Ladder and ones with multiple landings
    2. couple dance just... add one at least
    3. yeah fixing '' i heard you became friends with someone i don't even know but they are cool'' texts preferably get rid of them all together
    4. possibility to add wall colors to ceilings also because it just looks so off at times
    5. split level
    6. ability to hire more services daily because i think it be rather fabulous to have cook for my sims that doesn't need to be hired every day separately (like ok there is butlers if u have that pack but i want more staff)

7. fix that family tree/family member thing i don't want to smash inside family because i forgot sims are distant relatives and also I want to see whole tree at once no matter who I tap
    8. yes to firefighters and burglars
    9. imaginary friends would be so sweet tho i used them all the time and idk what pack them fit anymore

Couple dancing! Split levels! Totally! I still haven't been able to recreate my childhood home because of the lack of split level.

And more "recurring" services, for sure. And yeah, the family tree, and the Sims knowing relationships beyond the immediate so when you hover it says "second cousin" or whatever would be nice. Even if you don't ban those relationships (I mean, they're legal irl) it would at least give players a better chance of catching it before you go too far and accidentally create an in game Habsburg situation iykwim.

Imaginary friends! Yes!!! I love them. They could be added to a pack, but now that we have Parenthood it's hard to think which pack. Maybe witches? It's a stretch, but idk.
    Sometimes I stream.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    -A Chemistry system such as Sims 2 had with turn ons and turn offs.
    -The ability to create babies and pregnancies in CAS
    -Waterproofing for computers at the Geekcon festival
    -Festivals showing in the Seasons calendar
    -New hair colours
    -Toddlers allowed to join clubs parent and toddler groups would be perfect
    -Fear emotion
    -Spiral staircases
    -Bunk beds
    -More "ordinary" careers that we had in previous games such as Law, Psychiatry, Architect etc. Part-time jobs for adults (I use mods for some of this stuff but even so!)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    -A Chemistry system such as Sims 2 had with turn ons and turn offs.
    -Waterproofing for computers at the Geekcon festival
    -Festivals showing in the Seasons calendar
    -New hair colours
    -Toddlers allowed to join clubs parent and toddler groups would be perfect
    -Fear emotion
    -Spiral staircases
    -Bunk beds
    -More "ordinary" careers that we had in previous games such as Law, Psychiatry, Architect etc. Part-time jobs for adults (I use mods for some of this stuff but even so!)

ordinary careers !!! im not so into having mods for careers because it just feels like some careers really should be in base game even without me having to look for mods like they were always there and suddenly just? not?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited June 2019

Yes! This! Not just this. You should be able to set whatever you want at the beginning of CAS. Not just basic relationships like "married", but full sliders for all the relationship bars, options for what kind of funds they are starting with, etc.

If I want to start a game with a pair of enemies and make them live on a lot together with $0, I shouldn't need cheats to do that. If I want to start a game with a family living in a mansion, but the husband doesn't realize the baby is his brother's, I shouldn't need cheats, or to play the game to that point when I want it to be my starting point. I should just be able to say when making the family "these two are in love, these two hate each other, here's a baby, and they have this much money".

If I want to make a young adult, but it's three days to her birthday, I should be able to specify her age to that degree in the initial CAS. Or she's pregnant but not showing yet. Or whatever! I should be able to make a family in any state in the opening CAS. Even if they hide the options for only advanced players to use, they should still be in the UI.

I think they leave it out because they don't want it to be "too easy" or something, but I'd use it to make the game hard on myself as often as I'd use it to make the story how I want it. Most of the very few mods I have I actually use because they make the game more unpredictable and alive. I cheat more often to remove funds than add them, and every time I do I think "it's bonkers I couldn't just SET this households net worth before deciding where to move them."
    Sometimes I stream.

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    A lot of great ideas in here!

One that hasn't been mentioned is the ability to save outfits in CAS and share them on the gallery. We could then save ones we like to our library and there'd be a setting so that all randomized townies would be dressed in clothing we approved of.

Also, I'd like to have more relationship cattagories to choose from in CAS such as grandfather, aunt, girlfriend, etc.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Cars and relaxing in bed and other in bed animations added.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    CAW, round rooms, stairs, split levels, ponds, painting ceilings
    Transportation - cars, motorcycles, bikes, yachts...
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Body hair and pond tools.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

Yes! This! Not just this. You should be able to set whatever you want at the beginning of CAS. Not just basic relationships like "married", but full sliders for all the relationship bars, options for what kind of funds they are starting with, etc.

If I want to start a game with a pair of enemies and make them live on a lot together with $0, I shouldn't need cheats to do that. If I want to start a game with a family living in a mansion, but the husband doesn't realize the baby is his brother's, I shouldn't need cheats, or to play the game to that point when I want it to be my starting point. I should just be able to say when making the family "these two are in love, these two hate each other, here's a baby, and they have this much money".

If I want to make a young adult, but it's three days to her birthday, I should be able to specify her age to that degree in the initial CAS. Or she's pregnant but not showing yet. Or whatever! I should be able to make a family in any state in the opening CAS. Even if they hide the options for only advanced players to use, they should still be in the UI.

I think they leave it out because they don't want it to be "too easy" or something, but I'd use it to make the game hard on myself as often as I'd use it to make the story how I want it. Most of the very few mods I have I actually use because they make the game more unpredictable and alive. I cheat more often to remove funds than add them, and every time I do I think "it's bonkers I couldn't just SET this households net worth before deciding where to move them."

oh my god this 100%. My #1 want. (probably)

I'd also like to have

-free the babies
    -preteens (+ more ages in general)
    -a set of basic, realistic-looking furniture with basic colors that all match. And they have decent stats as well
    -Family trees/being more aware of family and friend relationships (if that makes sense)
    -more traits and aspirations, an making traits/aspirations more imortant and influential in gameplay
    -and a better adoption service. I can't count how many times I've needed to adopt a girl or a boy of whatever age and then have only the OPPOSITE gender show up for that age. (I'm imagining a mix of sims 3 and 4, because I want to be able to have more options for age and gender but also want to see what they look like too)

plus like everything else everyone has said on this thread so far :D
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member

Holy moley. Yeah, never thought about that sort of options. That would be amazing.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    - A Fear emotion and customizable fears/phobias.

- A chemistry system and a way to set Sim attraction preferences and turn-offs.

- Memories system so that Sims can remember important moments in their lives and have those memories influence their behaviors.

- A flaws system to give Sims more realistic personalities.

- The default Happy mood changed to Fine.

- Consequences, believable enmity, and new animations and behaviors for Sims who don't get along.

- More Occults/Fantastical Beings/Superheroes done in the quality of Vampires.

- A trait randomizer in CAS.

- More meaningful traits.

- World editing tool.

#Team Occult
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Yes to all of this! Great ideas!