Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World based on Arctic regions/ Greenland

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Who else would love an Arctic world, with tundra landscape, icebergs floating in water? It‘s always cold and auroras appear in the night sky!
32483458344834.jpg?w968h681
Nuuk-Francizka-Mahler-ilovegreenland_Image-Size-C1.jpg
MTS_bakafox-1352814-FharhondOverview.jpg
6.png
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want this more than a boring tropical region.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I would like it!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    *shivers* The poor sims living there... I hate the cold :s
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I can imagine it to be a big world connecting boreal coniferous forest and tundra region, and also coming with an alpine regions. Actual Yetis (not sim with Bigfoot outfit) is a nice touch to the alpine region, and should we have werewolves?

I also want igloos and penguins to come back, maybe this time we can have penguins as actual pets (not NPC treated as an object in TS2). I would like to see wolves (for the sake of werewolves) and wolverines in the game too.
  • dadvansdadvans Posts: 24 Member
    I would love this pack!!! I think it offers a really unique aesthetic and world for the game, but also i feel like it's been a while since we've had a really snow-based world (i didn't play sims 3)? would also love to see more scandinavian themed worlds.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes to this. It could also come with new activities like snowboard, ice fishing, relaxing in hot springs. New recipes, maybe hot chocolate being back and giving a warm feeling to the sims, like a fireplace does.
    I can only imagine the new bb items that a GP like this could bring.
    Winter landscapes are awesome. I can imagine my sims going for a walk with their huskies.
    And of course, the Aurora Borealis 💗
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    S3 had Aurora Skies and I loved that world. I liked the colorful houses and the landscape and the mist rising. But mostly, the Aurora Borealis.
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    YES, PLEASE!! I want this more than a tropical island!
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    omg having aurora skies is sooooooo dreeeeeeeaaaaaammmmmy!!!!! :o
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No thanks. I live in a northern country. We have enough darkness and cold, ice and snow. Not interested in the game. I moved my sims to the desert when Seasons came out lol. I like the warm sunny weather in the game. It's an escape for me from this ugliness in real life, weather wise.

And the aurora skies that yous are talking about really aren't that impressive. You don't always get a freaking rainbow colours in the sky. It's just a bit lighter splotches moving around. Nothing special.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    No thanks. I live in a northern country. We have enough darkness and cold, ice and snow. Not interested in the game. I moved my sims to the desert when Seasons came out lol. I like the warm sunny weather in the game. It's an escape for me from this ugliness in real life, weather wise.

And the aurora skies that yous are talking about really aren't that impressive. You don't always get a freaking rainbow colours in the sky. It's just a bit lighter splotches moving around. Nothing special.

People that live in the desert can have that exact same logic as you.
    This isn't just about me or you though :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    telmarina wrote: »

I live in the UK and live in a city by the sea that can get four seasons in one day and windy with it. We've had 100 mph. winds, which nearly blew off our roof, Ice breaking car windows when falling from the roof and very hot and wet summers too. I don't mind any new world if it is interesting and has a lot to do in it. I followed the Iditerod 1,000 mile sled dog race in Alaska online in March and loved it minus 20% and all. PS: Did you know scientists found those Alaskan sled dogs never tire out like other animals do? Just feed and sleep and off they go again. They are unique.

I must admit though, having Sims 4 screenshots as backdrops, that I always change a winter scene to a summer one in summer and vice-versa. Summer ones make me cheer up and winter ones make me feel cold but ready for Christmas and New Year celebrations. :)

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »

I live in the UK and live in a city by the sea that can get four seasons in one day and windy with it. We've had 100 mph. winds, which nearly blew off our roof, Ice breaking car windows when falling from the roof and very hot and wet summers too. I don't mind any new world if it is interesting and has a lot to do in it.

A world where it‘s always cold would certainly be unique. We never had that before in The Sims.
    As for activities we could get snowboarding or a new active career as Marine Biologist or care for penguins at an Arctic base. Also you could see aurora borealis at night, and please prettier and more colorful than Aurora Skies!

GettyImages-498928946-59cd1dd3af5d3a0011d3a87e.jpg

Why waiting for winter when you could just travel to a cold-climated world, and when it‘s winter it‘s even colder in this world and blizzards are happening often.
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    Norway has a saying…”
    “There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes"

I still get cold but going into the snowy park with my dog late at night was beautiful. You could see for miles in the moonlight, clear as day, deadly quiet and all to myself and him. I am hoping to take a trip to see the Northern lights this year or next.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I would love this!
  • OLFamilySimsOLFamilySims Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh yes, I loved Aurora Skies in the Sims 3, it had such a distinct feeling. I like the hot/tropical worlds, but a more nordic/arctic world would be a great addition.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I enjoyed Hidden Springs in TS3 because the weather seemed cool and the town looked as though it was set in a fjord. Also Aurora Skies. It all makes me long for a Scandinavian pack in TS4. It doesn’t have to be snowing 100%, as those areas in real life don’t either, but having cool to cold weather 3/4 of a sim year, and below freezing temps in the winter would be different for this game, and I’m here for it.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    YES! I love Nordic and Scandinavian landscapes. We havent had this yet. I would also love the interior style along with a pack in this setting.

Maybe with hot springs, swim able beaches now that we get IL, little local town shops/stores/cafe's. Northern lights!!
    It could also have longer snow periods than many other worlds. Maybe winter 75% of the time.
  • JuliB988JuliB988 Posts: 11 New Member
    I would probably love this so much!!! 😭 During my whole life I’ve only lived in tropical regions near the coast and I’ve never seen real snow, soooo I dream of cold weather! 🌨❄️🎿⛄️🌲🌊🐋

I think it should be snowing there almost all of the time; maybe just cold or very cold in the summer, and even then I would want to be able to visit at least some region where there’s always snow. I’d want this world to look VERY different from other worlds. If it were LIVABLE and as beautiful as Sulani from IL is I would fall in love 😍

Some other things I would love to see are:
    -Whale watching!!! (especially the shamus)
    -I’d really love an ocean with glaciers and such (it doesn’t have to be nearly as big as the one in IL)
    -Culture from population(s) in cold regions
    -Build buy, CAS items and also foods that would make sims look and feel cozy and warm
    -Auroras
    -Glacier caves
    -Penguins and polar bears
    -Ability for sims to build igloos
    -Mountains (and lots on mountains)
    -Frozen lakes, ⛸ on them (add some romantic interactions for that, which may make it a lot more interesting) and ice fishing
    -Rare yeti sightings
    -Maybe skiing and snowboarding on the mountains and chairlifts to get to the top (though I can imagine all that would be hard to animate)
    -Maybe rafts that up to eight sims could go on at once (in the ocean)

I think it could be interesting to have hiking on the mountains and resting spots as you make your way up, BUT that might not have a lot of replayability value, which is extremely important in my opinion.

Aaaaaah I’m already soooooooo excited about TS4 Island Living, just imagine how excited I’d be about this 😱
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    JuliB988 wrote: »
    I would probably love this so much!!! 😭 During my whole life I’ve only lived in tropical regions near the coast and I’ve never seen real snow, soooo I dream of cold weather! 🌨❄️🎿⛄️🌲🌊🐋

I think it should be snowing there almost all of the time; maybe just cold or very cold in the summer, and even then I would want to be able to visit at least some region where there’s always snow. I’d want this world to look VERY different from other worlds. If it were LIVABLE and as beautiful as Sulani from IL is I would fall in love 😍

Some other things I would love to see are:
    -Whale watching!!! (especially the shamus)
    -I’d really love an ocean with glaciers and such (it doesn’t have to be nearly as big as the one in IL)
    -Culture from population(s) in cold regions
    -Build buy, CAS items and also foods that would make sims look and feel cozy and warm
    -Auroras
    -Glacier caves
    -Penguins and polar bears
    -Mountains (and lots on mountains)
    -Frozen lakes, ⛸ on them (add some romantic interactions for that, which may make it a lot more interesting) and ice fishing
    -Rare yeti sightings
    -Maybe skiing and snowboarding on the mountains and chairlifts to get to the top (though I can imagine all that would be hard to animate)
    -Maybe rafts that up to eight sims could go on at once (in the ocean)

I think it could be interesting to have hiking on the mountains and resting spots as you make your way up, BUT that might not have a lot of replayability value, which is extremely important in my opinion.

Aaaaaah I’m already soooooooo excited about TS4 Island Living, just imagine how excited I’d be about this 😱

Love your ideas!! Actually, I hate cold weather IRL even though I'm originally from Russia, but in Sims 4 I can live out my fun vampire/mermaid/strange lives so why not weather wise too? We get deserts, tropical beach, and a cool northern destination would be awesome! It could be as you mentioned glacier and Alaskan feel to it, or Tundra and forest feel. I'll love both. I do hope they add slow dancing in one of the packs someday. Omg little penguins will be so cute, and if water is swimmable we can have arctic mermaids! Maybe they'll even be chonky like seals so they can be more cold resistant. XD Haha
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    Yes pretty please!
    This is exactly what I would like to play. Actually, it is what I used to play in the Sims 3, when you had all sorts of small nordic-looking worlds content creators would put up for download. I absolutely loved that, and am so very sad that the CAW is not a thing anymore.
    So yeah, it would be great if the Sims team could make us something Nordic inspired!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Yes, please! Loved that world in Sims 3 and have missed it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IceColdPainIceColdPain Posts: 35 Member
    I love this! So like Island Living has an occult, Id want Yeti's for an Winter Occult <3
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Scandinavia is my favourite region on earth and it’s something we haven’t really seen before, so this idea would be fantastic!

A cozy tundra town, thick, woolly CAS clothing, auroras, mountain treks... Definitely my favourite potential option for a new vacation world!