Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are things supposed to break so often?

Hello,
I am a PS4 player and I own the following:
  • Seasons
  • Pets

Pretty much every night something breaks in my house.. it is so expensive right now fixing everything. Is there a reason why things may be breaking so much?

Comments

• NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Could be a lot trait. Like gremlins..
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    Needrar wrote: »
    Could be a lot trait. Like gremlins..

I thought lot traits only come with City Living though? :open_mouth:
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It did come with city living , they also added some lot traits to the base game via update.
    Nikkih wrote: »
    It did come with city living , they also added some lot traits to the base game via update.

I don't have city living and I checked the base game traits and none of them make the house break more.. so I don't know what it might be :(
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Are you using inexpensive items? They break way more often
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Also, ghosts. Ghosts wreak havoc on my plumbing
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    How many sims do you have - I have a family of 7 and expensive things and they still break all the time. More sims = more wear and tear. Get your sims handiness up and make time in your routine to upgrade items - doesn't stop breaking but slows it down.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Change your house traits to Gnomes - they go around at night and mend things and get rid of Haunted and any other bad traits. Positive ones like Homey and Natural light as well might give your Sims a respite!
    Simburian wrote: »
    Change your house traits to Gnomes - they go around at night and mend things and get rid of Haunted and any other bad traits. Positive ones like Homey and Natural light as well might give your Sims a respite!

I would get gnomes but it is only available if you have City Living.
    Becka28 wrote: »
    How many sims do you have - I have a family of 7 and expensive things and they still break all the time. More sims = more wear and tear. Get your sims handiness up and make time in your routine to upgrade items - doesn't stop breaking but slows it down.
    Becka28 wrote: »

I only have one Sim and a dog haha
    Simskrista wrote: »
    Are you using inexpensive items? They break way more often

This might be the problem, I will check how cheap my items are thank you!