Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play more sims 3 than sims 4? *2019*

The sims 4 has been around for a while. But I still think that much needs to be changed. I don't think I am the only one who thinks so. And there are also people who only play the sims 3 and not the sims 4. Maybe because they don't like it? Or they don't like changing the game.

That's why I have this poll: Do you still play the sims 3 (sims 2 is also possible). Or do you play more Sims 3 than sims 4. Or just Sims 4 ...

Just a little longer. I don't hate the sims 4, I play it almost every day. For the people who think I want to hate or complain about something ..
f291cda2.gif

Do you play more sims 3 than sims 4? *2019* 174 votes

I just play the sims 4. That's all.
10%
SimburianSavorySagealanmichael1Jonathan777Babykittyjadekittymeowmariajane216texxx78thesimmer14LiesSimkaiwrysimsGamingTweetyEvie0602SimAlexandriamapletreesimsnvyvmrma49JustinejeanettaNiral 19 votes
Nahhh. I just play the sims 3
39%
nickibitswardEmily4331Rflong7AbellaKellaherEarcatRhiannon58PuddinroyAmphoraSurrealCororonJessabeansfruitsbasket101MACRONAUTApparentlyAwesomeDALEJR88FANMikezumikiara07emorrillJoAnne65cwaddell 68 votes
No, i just play sims 2. Old but gold
1%
Cinebaradele_katameliesimslover 3 votes
I play more sims 4 than sims 3
17%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14CK213JeandragonfreakSxcDannii202LustianiciaAquariusMomFebruary11sparkietothemaxDillynJamesSindocattnb494Sigzy05thekillergreeceBreazonaSimtown15xLunaSimsxSimTrippy 31 votes
I play more sims 3 than sims 4
30%
EvalenGoldmoldarpisceschick75Bluefairy286carlystur03jaletu2005MartinvZhakiraPGraceyManorpretty_fabulousx10yesme88Sue_D_Nimdreamerz13JeansoozagboorulesSimplyJenTrycSPARKY1922lisasc360vampyrelucia 53 votes

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I play TS3 sometimes, I love it but the problem for me is the way sims look.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I just play the sims 4. That's all.
    I have sims 3 in origin looking at me everyday. I once installed it after playing with sims 4 for a while. I went back to 4 in a bit. Don't ask me why, I just felt it wasn't enough even knowing that 3 has much more content.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I love TS3 more than TS4, but I am more obsessed with TS4 becoming much better than it is now, and also finally getting a version of University and Witches. Every time I finally get bored with the game, EA comes out with a new pack that has me checking out the new content and trying to apply the new content to make the game better overall.

I still have to finish up Strangerville, but I am already back to TS3.
    That's not good.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    That's not good.
    New content, but no substance?

Firby nurbs!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I played a grand total of 5 hrs of sims 4.The rest is sims 3.I just can’t get into sims 4 as much as 3
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I love TS3 more than TS4, but I am more obsessed with TS4 becoming much better than it is now, and also finally getting a version of University and Witches. Every time I finally get bored with the game, EA comes out with a new pack that has me checking out the new content and trying to apply the new content to make the game better overall.

That's not good.

Not good for your wallet, either.

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Informal polls are always (well, usually) fun. But for a topic like this, given the way the forum boards are organized, the results and responses are going to be heavily skewed depending on which board is carrying it. Many of us who play TS3 only wouldn't even see the poll if it were on the TS4 board unless someone pointed it out to us, many who never play TS3 wouldn't notice or care to respond where it has now landed, and those who mostly (or only) play TS2 have their own section. It's really difficult to get any kind of objective results when the question is so game-version specific.

I mean, if I went to a forum that was intended for lovers of apple pie and polled them to ask, "Do you eat apple pie more or less than other kinds?" I wouldn't really expect the results to be free of bias. ;)

I second every word of @igazor post. For more realistic results this poll should be repeated on the TS4 board as well. However I suspect the poll has been moved here simply because it has TS3 in the title, and I just hope it doesn't end up as another thread which emphasises the divisions within the Sims community. I think the important thing here is to remember we all love the sims whatever version we play. We all expect and get different things from our game and there is nothing wrong with playing two versions consecutively or one version exclusively.

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I play TS3 and TS2... :)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    If you click on Discussions at the top, it takes you to Recent Discussions (threads from all sections). There's a chance people could find this thread that way too.

I usually spend more time playing Sims 3 than any other sims game. It just so happens I had to uninstall Sims 3 when I rearranged my desktop drives. So I'm not currently playing Sims 3 but last night I did pull down my disk collection and I got the base game super patched. Planning on installing the rest soon.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I have played Sims 4 before but right now I only play Sims 3 and Sims 2 (even though I told myself I wouldn't until I unpacked all my CC). I feel more of a connection to my sims in the previous games than in 4.

This would be perfect in a section that covers all the Sims games.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I really did want to like TS4 but so far from what I'm reading of reviews and feedback and normal posts on TS4 for the base game and every pack that has come out thus far, it's just not for me. I don't want to play another closed world when I already have TS1 and TS2 - and those games have so much more gameplay and better mechanics than TS4 has even after so many years that are being given to TS4 ( I don't have much hope for it's remaining time either). I did try it out but not long enough to legit vote "Play TS3 more than TS4".

So for me it's "Nahhh. I just play the sims 3" I really do love it because you can customize it to be anything you want it to be and I'm never bored of it. I may at times get tired of a story, but never the game. In those cases, I just start a new story.

• YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    I've tried TS4 many times---mostly for the in depth gender options--- and could never get into it.

I bought Cats & Dogs, City Life, Get Famous... hoping I'd feel some type of connection to the game like I did with TS3.

Never did, therefore I stay with TS3.
    April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Sims 4 ? There is no such thing, it's just a vicious rumour!
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Way way more TS3. I play less TS4 than I did when I got it because of EAs tactics. It needs EP's to have any value. But at 52 dollars a piece it's not happening. Even the EPs are half of what they were in previous games.

I play it more when real life is rough and I'm just too fried to focus on much. The much simpler game and faster and less severely glitchy game is sometimes nicer for that.

But these days it never seems worth opening and updating origin and the game for. Especially since it makes you update to play unlike 3 where you could postpone until adding a new pack. TS4 you gotta update every month. Spend 30 minutes updating origin and the game. Even when I decide to try it I'm over TS4 by the time it actually loads.

I used to at least play when I could get a new pack for cheap. But since they went up 30 percent here I haven't got a pack in almost 2 years and am so bored of the game as it sits now.

Perhaps in the not too distant future I'll be able to flip to "nah I just play TS3". Because it's really not that far from it. It's been a few months since I played TS4 at all and I don't miss it. It's been a few days since I've played TS3 and I'm dying without it.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Sims 2 is a legend and I prefer Sims 3 despite its lags
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Definitly more Sims 3. It´s still the better game for me. In fact, I play Sims 4, when I don´t feel up for the emotional involvement of Sims 3 if that makes any sense? I play and enjoy Sims 4 (it actually got way better over time) but it´s still "Sims light", without the impact of Sims 3.
    Tried Sims 2 for some hours, liked it, never played it again for some reason.

Also, @igazor is right, this is not the best place for a poll like this. Methinks, we are kind of biased here. :D
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Currently I play more Sims 3 than 4
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Definitly more Sims 3. It´s still the better game for me. In fact, I play Sims 4, when I don´t feel up for the emotional involvement of Sims 3 if that makes any sense? I play and enjoy Sims 4 (it actually got way better over time) but it´s still "Sims light", without the impact of Sims 3.
    Tried Sims 2 for some hours, liked it, never played it again for some reason.

Also, @igazor is right, this is not the best place for a poll like this. Methinks, we are kind of biased here. :D
    What is the best place though ;) Whatever the place, there will be bias ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    I'm back to playing sims 3 now my summer break has started. :D I am super excited to continue my gold-digger story again!
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I was so disappointed in TS4, but I tried to like it. I kept trying and trying. Then I realized that if I had to try that hard it was just never going to be the game for me. So I went back to my favorite Sims game, TS3. I do check up on TS4 news sometimes because I still love the series, and at this point it’s like checking up on an ex to see if they ever made anything of themselves.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Ult1mat3XUlt1mat3X Posts: 11 New Member
    To be honest , TS4 have better graphic and overall wider functional so I prefer it
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I play mostly Sims 4, sometimes I get the urge to play Sims 3 or 2 though :D
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I would if the current state of my computer could handle it. My old vid card sounded like it wanted to launch into space when I played, but I was still able to play. After upgrading, it takes more than half an hour to load a save and it's so "laggy", it's impossible to play. I think my CPU or motherboard isn't happy with the newer card. So now I have to wait until I can upgrade to a newer system entirely. :'(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • LoliGilLoliGil Posts: 30 Member
    I play TS4 mostly because I like the graphics and self serve toddlers. I normally played a lot of Sims 2, but Origin keeps telling me I need to insert a disc to play the game and my current laptop doesn't have a disc drive.
    I have 99 problems and spiral stairs would solve at least 13
    Origin ID: Emilissa