Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    • Some random fix that doesn't fix anything
    • 400+ new bugs introduced into the game and DLC
    • Still no fix for Simulation Lag or rubber banding Sims
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?

Someone did a survey here once. A tiny fraction (around <5%) of players here are on 32-bit. Plus it's 2019. 64-bit systems have been out for more than a decade. If you're still on 32-bit in this day and age, that's on you

I'm surprised we dont have 128 bit pcs by now.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?

Someone did a survey here once. A tiny fraction (around <5%) of players here are on 32-bit. Plus it's 2019. 64-bit systems have been out for more than a decade. If you're still on 32-bit in this day and age, that's on you

I'm surprised we dont have 128 bit pcs by now.

That’s because 64-bit is already overkill for what we need. 64-bit isn’t twice the size of 32-bit; it’s 2^32 times the size.

2^32 bits = 4 GB, which isn’t a lot at all. TS4 can regularly use more than 4GB RAM.
    64-bit meanwhile isn’t 8GB; it’s actually 2^64 bits = 17,179,869,184 GB, which is mind-blowingly large. No computer in the world has anywhere close to this much memory.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > icmnfrsh wrote: »
    >
    > TheShadowSageSim wrote: »
    >
    > Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Someone did a survey here once. A tiny fraction (around <5%) of players here are on 32-bit. Plus it's 2019. 64-bit systems have been out for more than a decade. If you're still on 32-bit in this day and age, that's on you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm surprised we dont have 128 bit pcs by now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That’s because 64-bit is already overkill for what we need. 64-bit isn’t twice the size of 32-bit; it’s 2^32 times the size.
    >
    > 2^32 bits = 4 GB, which isn’t a lot at all. TS4 can regularly use more than 4GB RAM.
    > 64-bit meanwhile isn’t 8GB; it’s actually 2^64 bits = 17,179,869,184 GB, which is mind-blowingly large. No computer in the world has anywhere close to this much memory.

I study computer science and never realised this :'D I feel like I should have lol
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > icmnfrsh wrote: »
    >
    > TheShadowSageSim wrote: »
    >
    > Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Someone did a survey here once. A tiny fraction (around <5%) of players here are on 32-bit. Plus it's 2019. 64-bit systems have been out for more than a decade. If you're still on 32-bit in this day and age, that's on you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm surprised we dont have 128 bit pcs by now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That’s because 64-bit is already overkill for what we need. 64-bit isn’t twice the size of 32-bit; it’s 2^32 times the size.
    >
    > 2^32 bits = 4 GB, which isn’t a lot at all. TS4 can regularly use more than 4GB RAM.
    > 64-bit meanwhile isn’t 8GB; it’s actually 2^64 bits = 17,179,869,184 GB, which is mind-blowingly large. No computer in the world has anywhere close to this much memory.

I study computer science and never realised this :'D I feel like I should have lol

You probably would've by the time they taught you binary :D

To be fair, 16-bit was common not that long ago too. I guess we've started to plateau when it comes to RAM and hard drive space. We can only shrink those circuits up to a certain point
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I hope we get 350 color swatches... I need more black and white in my life...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

Confirmed to be coming so far

350 color swatches base game only

Legacy 32 bit update

I'm hoping we ll get romantic interactions added in pools like sims kissing.

How do we know that? It's still an assumption. Not a fact.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    More stairs please and pond tools will make my list until we get them.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2019
    Legacy 32 bit update

I would say the "64-bit only" upgrade.

Legacy 32-bit isn't an update, it's an other version of the game to download separately.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I'd like to see the stuck at work and teleporting sims bugs fixed, other then that I would like loads of freebies to add to the game.
    You can never have too many building and clothing/hair freebies..
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I hope we get 350 color swatches... I need more black and white in my life...

SUCH A MOOD WHAT
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hope some of the colour swatches are cas and “we made a version of this shirt without the picture.”
    We all know we have a Big Pre EP Patch coming in Late June so it's time to start speculating.

Legacy 32 bit update

EP drops in Late June so the patch will as well.

Legacy 32 bit update

yeah it has to come and it has to be an EP since they only invite the Game Changers when there's a new EP
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Legacy 32 bit update

Quit spreading lies as facts dude. You always proclaim things are true, never have anything to back it up. Just rumors.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    aws200 wrote: »

Legacy 32 bit update

Quit spreading lies as facts dude. You always proclaim things are true, never have anything to back it up. Just rumors.

Look we know that they will be showing this off June 8th at EA Play. The earliest this could come out after EAPLAY would be June 21st with the latest June 28th.

I consider the 21st to be Late June. I seriously doubt they'd release this as late as July.
    edited May 2019
    aws200 wrote: »

Legacy 32 bit update

Just know, I'm not trying to be rude with this but, Geez. We're in the speculation and rumors forum for a reason, nothing we say here is confirmed until EA says something. Take it down a notch, we're fans of the same game SPECULATING about what the next pack will be. No one here is saying what they're saying is the absolute truth, we're speculating.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I just hope that some of those new swatches will be for hair. I'm desperate beyond measure for more and better hair colors.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    I just hope that some of those new swatches will be for hair. I'm desperate beyond measure for more and better hair colors.

I really doubt that new hair swatches will come with this update, but I hope that future patches introduce some new shades of brunette and blonde at the very least. I mean the current selection is worse that what we'd get in a cheap indie mobile game. I imagine the only reason it hasn't been done is because of the work required to go through and update old hairstyles, but if they've updates skin tones in the past and now new build/buy items I will remain hopeful.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2019
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

Legacy 32 bit update

Yeah, but we don't know this! That's my whole point :s - nothing has been announced! At the moment it's assumption and wishful thinking.

Legacy 32 bit update

Yeah, but we don't know this! That's my whole point :s - nothing has been announced! At the moment it's assumption and wishful thinking.

I know about the week it will release though I haven't pinned it down.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Legacy 32 bit update

You know? :smile:
    telmarina wrote: »

Legacy 32 bit update

You know? :smile:

I know it will be one of those 2 weeks but I dont know which one.