Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 1 on Mac (Version 10.14.4 macOS Mojave)

nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
I was wondering if sims 1 would ever get fixed to work on the latest Macs. I never got to play the very first sims and I would love to experience it. I love the sims so much and I love playing all of the different generations of sims. So, please if you don’t mind make this happen.

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m in the same boat as you, tbh. I’d absolutely love to be able to see how far the franchise has come for myself and get the full experience since when it came out I didn’t even exist.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    Yessss, I would LOVE this. I've been playing the sims since 2000, and would really really love to relive the old sims 1! At least for now, theres sims 2 and 3 on origin.
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you, tbh. I’d absolutely love to be able to see how far the franchise has come for myself and get the full experience since when it came out I didn’t even exist.

Yes! I’m glad I’m not the only one!
    Voraginous wrote: »
    Yessss, I would LOVE this. I've been playing the sims since 2000, and would really really love to relive the old sims 1! At least for now, theres sims 2 and 3 on origin.

Yes! I have sims 2 through aspyr but they don’t provide the all of the packs. So, I would like the full experience and unfortunately sims 3 doesn’t work on mac either. ☹️
  • SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
    > @nessatay1920 said:
    > Voraginous wrote: »
    >
    > Yessss, I would LOVE this. I've been playing the sims since 2000, and would really really love to relive the old sims 1! At least for now, theres sims 2 and 3 on origin.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes! I have sims 2 through aspyr but they don’t provide the all of the packs. So, I would like the full experience and unfortunately sims 3 doesn’t work on mac either. ☹️

Sims 3 does work! I had bought it on Steam a while back then entered the CD code on origin! Just got done playing it as I am typing this :) If that doesn't work, I would talk to the customer support and they may be able to help. Depends.
    PapaTysee wrote: »
    > @nessatay1920 said:
    >
    > Yessss, I would LOVE this. I've been playing the sims since 2000, and would really really love to relive the old sims 1! At least for now, theres sims 2 and 3 on origin.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes! I have sims 2 through aspyr but they don’t provide the all of the packs. So, I would like the full experience and unfortunately sims 3 doesn’t work on mac either. ☹️

Sims 3 does work! I had bought it on Steam a while back then entered the CD code on origin! Just got done playing it as I am typing this :) If that doesn't work, I would talk to the customer support and they may be able to help. Depends.

Omg!!!! I’m going to try this! This include the expansions packs too?
    PapaTysee wrote: »
    > @nessatay1920 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Can I also get this on my mac?
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    edited May 2019
    Darn! Text doesn’t remain on your phone if you open another page. Well, here I go again.
    I was wondering if sims 1 would ever get fixed to work on the latest Macs. I never got to play the very first sims and I would love to experience it. I love the sims so much and I love playing all of the different generations of sims. So, please if you don’t mind make this happen.

I have an old Gateway computer that I keep around for this very purpose. It’s my Sims 1 machine. It sits on its own little desk and I don’t use it for any other purpose. I own the Sims 1 and all its expansion packs. I was given The Sims game by my mother, and eventually the computer as well. I even bought a copy of Windows XP down the line, in case anything happened, or I had to get another computer.

I also bought The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 University when they came out, but I never acquired the proper computer with which to play them. They also struck me as being kind of funny looking, although there seemed to be people out there who absolutely loved them.

I was so happy to find that I could play The Sims 3 when I bought a 2011 MacBook Pro. I did have to fight with it a little, but I loved the game. I created Sims more than I actually played, until I had perfected some of my old characters and created some new ones. I refuse to give it up in case I can’t get Sims 3 to work on the new MacBook (also, I kind of like the feel of the old one), so my apartment is computer city. (I even have a Mac Classic, which is my Tetris machine.)

I impulsively bought The Sims 4 base game with much anticipation when it came out, but after learning more about it, I couldn’t bring myself to install it. I’m one of those weird people who has been looking forward to The Sims 5 almost from that day.

If you manage to track down the game and the expansion packs, and you manage to acquire an old XP computer, you will be able to play Sims 1. That may be easier said than done, but I still play it and still keep some of my original neighborhoods. I even bought another copy of The Sims Deluxe (the base game and Livin’ Large) on Amazon a few years back when I thought I had lost the discs. I’m not sure if they will ever re-release it in this day and age, but I was one of those who would find themselves still up and playing at five in the morning during the first years that I had it.