Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have any family traditions in your household?

CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
In my current household, the family has a Bubalus cage. They kept the name of it as Bubalus. Then when Bubalus died, they bought a new one and named it Bubalus V2. I think you can guess what the third one was named and all the other ones after that.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if any of you guys had your own family traditions or something that's consistent in your household. Maybe I'll even adopt some into mine!

ZnG1wMG.png

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Mine always fall in love with their first blind date (I use littlemssams SimDa Dating App mod).

Also, they always seem to have their first kids with Don Lothario while in a relationship with someone else. Then Don goes and gets married to Judith Ward, which is just terrifying because then she's my Sims's step-mother, and her kids are their half-siblings, and she's a gosh dang Global Superstar.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I always have my Sims go to the first flea market of a save (or their life) and have them buy a piece of furniture to pass down the generations. Usually, its the same lamp (different swatches though) that I prefer my Sims to buy. Rarely, that lamp isn't there, so I'll have them buy something else. Usually another lamp, preferably.

No idea why this become a thing... In every save, every household, but it brings me joy and makes me smile.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I always have my Sims go to the first flea market of a save (or their life) and have them buy a piece of furniture to pass down the generations. Usually, its the same lamp (different swatches though) that I prefer my Sims to buy. Rarely, that lamp isn't there, so I'll have them buy something else. Usually another lamp, preferably.

No idea why this become a thing... In every save, every household, but it brings me joy and makes me smile.

I do that too! But I usually do it with the Trash or Treasure couches I believe it was called.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The male sims of the Landgraab family dress as cowboys.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The GOD holiday - Good Old Days. To celebrate my legacy. Nothing else much.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    In previous versions I used to have each family member have their portrait painted, down the generations, and hung in the family home. I haven't got through any generations in TS4 though, cos I suffer restartitis worse than ever before.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    In some families at random, when someone who creates something, I'll pick their item..like a painting or sculpture, that moves around or stays in the main house as part of the inheritance for the youngest that takes the house. Writers I'll make a copy of their books and put a little note of who it was by and their generation. Then there is basic collection like those "once in a lifetime" finds so instead of completing a collection whatever that one family member found would be given to the child they were closer to or just the firstborn. I have some family specific things sometimes but a wider spread one I haven't really done in a while is to make sure the main cook of the family brings a dish to the kids as they move out or if they have the always welcome trait just go over and cook them a last meal. Little things like that I had to try and think of it actually, ha it's one of those things that you do so often they become second nature and once it's not in front of you..who knows :smiley: .
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don’t have too many traditions since I always like changing things up, but one thing is my sims always have wedding photos. They always get married in the park and get their photo taken after their vows.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have a Llama shrine -they do 'appreciate an object' on Llama Day to honour the Great Llama.

I've also made it a tradition to donate to charity on every holiday. (Usually 'Llama International', of course.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I try to do "movie nights" with my close families using movie hangout since I did it as part of the not so berry challenge.

I also tend to pick a collectible for the family (gardening if they're florist or chefs, paintings if they're artists, elements for scientists etc) that I'll try to complete through the generations

I usually end up taking lots of photographs of family moments for their walls as well so when they've passed there's evidence they were there.
    caitytrina.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t think so
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    One of my rotation game rules is the oldest son inheriting parents house. Then he chooses another sibling to stay or move back in once parents are gone. I try to limit number of households in my rotation. I have 15 at the moment. Each household celebrating Christmas, Thanksgiving and NYE and must invite family to the parties. It gives me another dilemma. Families are super large, so I have to make sure each house has large dining rooms and lots of seating. My current YA family moved to a tiny house. I had to change house plan to make sure they have huge dining room.
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    Just what kind of holidays they celebrate and how they celebrate some of them.
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    In previous versions I used to have each family member have their portrait painted, down the generations, and hung in the family home. I haven't got through any generations in TS4 though, cos I suffer restartitis worse than ever before.

I usually did that in TS3! I don't know how easy it would be in TS4 though because I think you can only paint from reference and not actually paint a portrait of someone.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I play rotational and I always have the first born child inherit the family home.
  • KitsumiKitsumi Posts: 20 Member
    > @ChelleJo said:
    > I always have my Sims go to the first flea market of a save (or their life) and have them buy a piece of furniture to pass down the generations. Usually, its the same lamp (different swatches though) that I prefer my Sims to buy. Rarely, that lamp isn't there, so I'll have them buy something else. Usually another lamp, preferably.
    >
    > No idea why this become a thing... In every save, every household, but it brings me joy and makes me smile.

This is such a cute idea! I really want to use it in one of my Sims legacies now!
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    So far I'm trying to keep up with the one in the game.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    It's a little tradition that I've carried over from irl to my Sims.......french toast every Sunday morning!!
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I love hearing all of your traditions! Definitely going to use some of these ideas! :)
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    My Sim married Don Lothario and they have 3 girls together, all with flower/floral names; Daisy, Lily, and Violet. If they have another daughter down the line, I'm leaning towards the names Holly, Aster, or Danica
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Every summer theres a big party at the movie theater to celebrate the end of the school year. Everyone eats popcorn and drinks cream cola and rootbeet floats till theyre tired and go home to bed. Everyone except that one teen sim who is trying to start up a lil summer fling with a crush from school. They sneak out to the park for the night with their soon to be gf/bf then get yelled at when they finally get home in the morning lol. Can't start summer break without a little bit of drama haha.
  • SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    Kind of. I'm currently on generation three of the Goth/Huntington family and so far every generation has kept a garden and is great at cooking. So I guess cooking with homegrown ingredients is the tradition.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    In The Sims 2, I used to have my Sims host "We're Pregnant" parties, timed so that the woman got her first bump during the party itself. It was fairly easy to arrange, because you knew if Sims were pregnant, and each bump was...25 hours after the last, I think? It's been a while, but I used to be able to time labor down to the hour, and would deliberately get make Sims get pregnant by noon so that as soon as they had the baby, it would age a day in a couple of hours. :) Anyway, I still do "We're Pregnant" parties, but now I can't time the bumps, so I just do it after they're showing.
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    My sims always renew their vows at the Romance festival.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    My sims usually go fishing to earn money before they get a job :) is this weird? :#
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3