Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What To Expect When You're Unexpecting

My Sim got married and of course, they want kids. So I made them bump uglies. About twenty times in the bed and about ten times in a photo booth I unconventionally placed in the middle of the bedroom. Nothing happened. I didn't hear the music and even now, they can still try for a baby. BUT I cannot edit her in CAS and she vomited from "unknown causes." I'm thinking she got knocked up; I guess I just have to wait to know for sure. Unless any Sim has ever failed to conceive, I have never not heard the music.
Be safe.

Comments

• Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2019
    Okay, she's pregnant. I got the notification as soon as I posted this. I thought that might happen. She literally spent her whole first trimester trying to get pregnant!

Edit: For once my Sims both want a boy. Finally.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited February 2019
    For future reference, there's one surefire way to tell right away if a sim is pregnant—order her (haven't tested on a male) to "go here" to any random patch of ground. Sims aged child and above will get a rectangular entry in their action queue with a dropdown menus that offers the options to route automatically, walk, or run. A pregnant sim (and a toddler) just get the square entry with the footsteps icon. I've missed the baby chimes on a number of occasions, usually because I was speeding through the interaction or my focus was elsewhere, but the go here command has worked every time.
  • Options
    For future reference, there's one surefire way to tell right away if a sim is pregnant—order her (haven't tested on a male) to "go here" to any random patch of ground. Sims aged child and above will get a rectangular entry in their action queue with a dropdown menus that offers the options to route automatically, walk, or run. A pregnant sim (and a toddler) just get the square entry with the footsteps icon. I've missed the baby chimes on a number of occasions, usually because I was speeding through the interaction or my focus was elsewhere, but the go here command has worked every time.

That happened, too. But it's happened to Sims that hadn't even had their first kiss yet, so I was unsure.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Just wanted to say best discussion title ever. :D
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks. ^^
    Be safe.
  • Options
    peculiarpotatopeculiarpotato Posts: 7 New Member
    This is kinda solved here already, but if you are willing to use mods, there is an easy way to tell.
    Using MasterController, there is an option for status when clicking on a sim. If you click I believe it’s Relationship Status, you should get a pop up. If your sim is pregnant, that pop up will tell you, along with the chance of twins or triplets (or quadruplets but that’s not a vanilla feature so I’m not sure why that’s there. It always stays at 0%) I think it can also tell you the gender, but I’m not sure if it will tell you if you’re having multiple babies and some are boy(s) with some girl(s).