Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

anyone having trouble logging in to

Origin or is it just me?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Looks like Origin might be down for a bit -- I can log in but only get offline mode. I was on about 6 hours ago with no problems.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Thanks for letting me know.. First time I have had this problem with Origin.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    I cannot login to Origin
  • Sky97Sky97 Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah, it's not letting me go online at all.
    You would think they would send a message to let users know they will be offline.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    You might try one of two things. Restart your computer and if that doesn't work, install Origin again. Every now and again I get a notice that I can't log in because there's either been an error, or I'm not recognized. Face/palm. I have found either method above is helpful. Good luck. I have been messing around with other things today and haven't yet attempted to play my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    According to redditt, origin is down in different spots, some overseas as well. So, it's Assassin's Creed 3 for me because heaven forbid I should buy a game along with all the dlc and not be able to play it because they can't verify that I own it by logging in.

Just saying.....
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I had to start sims up from the desktop because I was I having trouble logging into Origin, when I finally got in it was offline and I couldn't get into my library.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    i am having the same issues, I was able to log in last night
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I just started an identical discussion - I can't log into help, either, and I can't open Sims4 if I can't get in to Origin. (Usually, it works in offline mode, but today, nothing is working.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
    I would like to play my game :#
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Origin went offline earlier when I was playing and refused to go online unless I turned off all my games (i.e. Sims 4). Did that and it took hell of a long time for origin to log back in. Am now connected it seems. If it helps, my VPN is connected to the UK.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    That must have been what happened when my game minimized earlier. I got a pop-up something about closing out my games and going back online. I just clicked on the icon in my taskbar (my game was still open) and continued to play. *shrug* I guess I got lucky...
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Just came back up a few minutes ago here in Spain. Hopefully it will start coming up for others soon if it hasn't already!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Never mind what I said earlier. The Origin site is down. However, I have some good news! If you have Windows, then go to your start menu. Select Origin and follow the arrow to your Sims 4 game. Click on that and voilà you should be in. It's worked for me four times, now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Well. I spoke too soon. Origin is again off-line and demands I close down my game. No. I am just playing offline for now.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    I thought my Origin was corrupted or something lmao I was about to reinstall but I can even access the website. But I can't even play offline there's no option and Origin doesn't even load wth
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    And that's why I closed down my game...offline and no ability to reconnect. I was on briefly when I got lucky and actually stayed online and then it went out again. :s
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    I spoke too soon too it's back offline for me.
    Never mind what I said earlier. The Origin site is down. However, I have some good news! If you have Windows, then go to your start menu. Select Origin and follow the arrow to your Sims 4 game. Click on that and voilà you should be in. It's worked for me four times, now.

I tried that and it didn't work for me. :'(
    this is getting to be very annoying. >:)
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,102 Member
    I had that problem, and I thought it too was my version. I couldn't log in, but I have a short cut on my desk top to the sims 4 and that started the game although I am off line. I can still access my library, but not the gallery. For a little bit I couldn't even log in here. So hopefully it will get fixed soon for everybody including me. I am just happy I found a way to play my game or I would have been extremely upset.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Just logged in to Origin and even though it took a bit longer, it seems to be up and running. I am in Washington state if that helps. Good luck, everyone. This has to be annoying as heck for you.
  • BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    Yep, doesn't work for me either at the moment :(
    Nah, it just keeps trying to reconnect, maybe connects for a second and drops out again. Very frustrating. Well I suppose I could play TS3 as I have the old version that doesn't require Origin and I never patched it.