Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They are saying mods will finally come to console soon

Comments

• Cj901Cj901 Posts: 6 New Member
    Mods don’t matter i just need some custom content
  • KAALRATRIKAALRATRI Posts: 20 Member
    paid mods? no thanks
  • LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    I would like them to introduce mods and custom content to XBOX one, to make some of the people happy, then continue to work on Sony to get it on PS4. I think that catering to half of the costumers is better than leaving them all hanging. This way, some will be happy, and they can get mods and cc out, possibly, to PS4 on a later date. Being and XBOX player, I would LOVE mods in my game, and don't want to wait for Sony to come around when Microsoft is probably fine with it.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    Xbox is usually fine with it, FO4 and Skyrim has mods with external assets on that console which means there will most likely be a yes.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • simmer12ksimmer12k Posts: 1 New Member
    i feel like as an xbox simmer i feel like we should be aloud as i think it is unfair
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Me personally don't think it's a good idea. Although theirs hundreds of talented creaters out there. I think cc has more trouble than its worth. Everytime the game gets updated it can break cc. So you will need to wait on the creater to update it, too much trouble for me. I think I will stick to a vanilla game regardless , in my opinion I've worked soo hard for my things, wouldn't want to risk it breaking , free content would turn into very expensive content if it broke my console.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Yeah I have played on pc with cc and then console and I just love console better and without cc plus cc makes the game too much like real life I like all the packs we get that's enough haha
    I've played the sims 3 on pc and played with cc , it broke my computer so I'm kind of worried to use cc now . Me personally think the sims 4 don't really need it the clothes are much better, make up and hair are nice aswell.
    Where did they say 'mods will finally come to console soon'? Do you have any evidence other than them wanting to do it? :smile: )
  • AsapasAsapas Posts: 12 New Member
    Sorry about the off-topic (it won't let me create a new one), and i am desperate to learn about this.. Do you know when will be available the mouse/keyboard for sims 4 in consoles???? I mean they have already announced it since September 2018. Since then i don't think we have got any news about this.
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    Asapas wrote: »
    Sorry about the off-topic (it won't let me create a new one), and i am desperate to learn about this.. Do you know when will be available the mouse/keyboard for sims 4 in consoles???? I mean they have already announced it since September 2018. Since then i don't think we have got any news about this.

This tweet/reply about mouse and keyboard is from February 11th. Seems like it might be a while.

• TaheshehaNewlandTaheshehaNewland Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope so
  • Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    edited March 2019
    @LanieBorne they indeed have said they're trying to bring mods over to console.... HOWEVER it needs to be approved. there are other reports from 2017 on simsvip.com that state we don't have support for mods... there's alot of misinformation in the air, but within the last 3 months, weve been informed on the community that they're trying to work with xbox and ps4 to approve mods. as well as that custom content gallery. but we're a while out.

ive provided proof of the 2017 talk below.

https://simsvip.com/2017/09/28/sims-4-ps4-xbox-one-will-not-support-mods-custom-content/
    Paigec945 wrote: »
    @LanieBorne they indeed have said they're trying to bring mods over to console.... HOWEVER it needs to be approved. there are other reports from 2017 on simsvip.com that state we don't have support for mods... there's alot of misinformation in the air, but within the last 3 months, weve been informed on the community that they're trying to work with xbox and ps4 to approve mods. as well as that custom content gallery. but we're a while out.

ive provided proof of the 2017 talk below.

https://simsvip.com/2017/09/28/sims-4-ps4-xbox-one-will-not-support-mods-custom-content/

Thank you so much! 😁
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited March 2019
    Folks let's tone it down with the rudeness please. Keep it on topic. If you have an issue with a post report it don't clap back as it's only going to derail the thread, I've had to remove a couple posts in here for this.
    I think this is a misunderstanding, unfortunately on text we don't get the tone of how someone is saying something , sometimes it can come across as cheeky even when the person didn't mean it to be. I don't think ether of you were in the wrong, the 2 of yous thought the need to defend yourselves. But looking at your posting its a misunderstanding nothing more. Let's end it there this isn't the place for agruements to orrupted. I hope that those of you that want cc gets it on console soon @Bluebirddevil5970 @LanieBorne
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    I'd be happy to use MC Control Center on Xbox. Everything I've read about it makes it sound pretty indispensable.
    edited April 2019
    I've got to admit this is cool would love to be able to put this in my game. Who ever created this fan made pack is talented as plum. Check this pack out 😲 its awesome
    https://youtu.be/hLYpJWqZ250
    Edit: the cc creator is MLys
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    I was this thinking maybe even cc packs , I've had a little look online and found this :-) maybe I'm warming up to a little bit of cc 😂 https://simscommunity.info/2017/09/20/the-sims-4-top-fanmade-stuff-packs/
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Hi guys! Sorry that it so long to respond to some responses to my posting on this thread. I haven't been on here for so long to the point that I have just got around to reading this.
    I can't remember where I have Sony's response to game modding on their console. But I remember reading about a while back.
    As for the comments about PS4 memory space. The first run PS4 decks had only 500 GB of memory space available. If your PS4 console more than that, then you have a newer deck. The newer PS4 1tb or + right out the box.😁
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm not sure it will ever happen. I think the game needs more attention in the performance department first. It's sluggish now, just imagine what it would be like if you start adding mods to the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'd love to be able to have mods on the PS4 so I can play with Sacrificials Romance Mod. I have that mod on the pc version.
    edited May 2019
    I want the pufferhead pack :-) lol it looks soo cool. The video I linked awhile ago on this thread , the sims have their own made up Harry Potter collection, clothing games and books . I love it. If it does I dont think that I would add lots me personally think the sims 4 everything is better with cas, you can create all types of sims with the hair etc alot of the create a sim is nice. And the furniture is nice also. I would like some really long hairstyles and pufferhead pack 😁 please EA please 😂
  • AnnieMarieAnnieMarie Posts: 5 New Member
    I am so ready for CC/Mods/Gallery on Xbox One. I can understand being reluctant on mods because of all of the potential bugs, but I don't understand why they aren't allowing users to upload non-CC creations to the gallery to share?
  • CapricornChaos3CapricornChaos3 Posts: 8 New Member
    So they pretty much can give permission for Fallout 4 and Skyrim to be modded but not Sims it's absolute 🐸🐸🐸🐸*t.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top