Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sending Alien Babies to Homeworld?

_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
Why don't my sims gets sad for sending their alien babies back to their homeworld? Was this an oversight? They get sad when putting babies up for adoption, right? So, I just assumed it would be the same for sending them back to their homeworld.
She/Her. 👩🏻
PlayStation. 🎮
United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    You can’t put babies up for adoption, only puppies to my knowledge.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Okay. But still, sims get sad over putting animals up for adoption but not when sending their own children back to their homeworld?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    Okay. But still, sims get sad over putting animals up for adoption but not when sending their own children back to their homeworld?

My best guess is that since sims don't technically volunteer to have the babies, they're not exactly sad to see them go.
    6riwm5.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019

Sims only get sad when putting a puppy up for adoption IF they have the Dog Lover trait. Otherwise, they will not react.

Maybe if the game had an Alien Lover type of trait, the same thing would apply but we don’t have it as of yet.

Plus, you have to take into consideration how they got pregnant in the first place. They were abducted. So they’re probably very happy to send that alien baby back to its planet so it’s not a constant reminder, ya know?
    I think that's a poor excuse for the lacking a buff.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never sent a baby away because I'm such a softie, but depending on one's story, it could be sad or a relief I suppose. I try not to think too deeply about how abducted male sims get pregnant in the first place and just have fun with it. I'm guessing the baby gets deleted after you send them away, so to the sim/game it's like the baby never existed? Perhaps the aliens brainwash the sim to forget, who knows?
    They don't forget. The babies are still in the sims genealogy.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    They don't forget. The babies are still in the sims genealogy.

That's a relief! Well, I suppose our sims are too happy anyway, so I wouldn't mind if something made them sad. It would make me even less likely to send them away though.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Just the sound of those alien babies crying is enough to justify the parent not getting upset over sending it back.
    But in all seriousness, if I had been abducted and impregnated by aliens I probably wouldn't feel too bad about letting the kid go, either.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    Hi. My sim was abducted yesterday and came back pregnant. He had a girl. If I send this child back to her home world he won’t be able to visit her or invite her to visit him? I don’t know what to do with this kid. She wasn’t in my plans for my sims.
    If you send the baby back to its home world then it will be like the child didn't exist in the world, but will still be in your sims geneology as an offspring. No visitation and no seeing them wandering around the world.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    edited April 2019
    @Kc71886 Congrats to your sim? I've never had the heart to send a baby away, but if you do then I believe the baby is gone forever and cannot be contacted again. Perhaps you can bump into them once they're older if you visit planet Sixam, but I can't be sure. It seems more likely that the baby gets deleted, but still remains in your sim's family tree. If you don't want to send the baby away, then perhaps you could have another sim/household (maybe an alien or scientist) adopt them instead? Or age the baby up to a young adult and have her move out? Or maybe even keep the baby and change your plans somewhat to suit the new addition to the family? That sounds like fun to me. Babies aren't always planned, but sometimes the best things in life aren't. :)
  • Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    Thanks for the info. I’m not sure what I’ll do with her yet. I thought about moving her out with an alien adult so my sim can keep in contact, but I might keep her. I was hoping if he sent her back to her home world they would be able to stay in touch. I wish they would have thought that through a little better for those of us who would have liked to have that option. I know they’re digital people but I still can’t be mean.