Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC's Outfits - From Bad To Completely Outrageous

2...Next

Comments

• N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    and that's why I murder NPCs, and create my own NPCs so that atrocities like that doesn't happen.
    That is so Ratchet. Just delete the sim, they're beyond saving at that point.

I play rotationally and the game totally overrides my seasonal outfit choices of my currently unplayed sims. Summer outfits aren't usually too bad but the game puts turbans on all my sims for winter wear. It's as annoying as the glut of eyeball rings, the default glasses with sleepwear and males wearing earrings with Athletic wear.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    and that's why I murder NPCs, and create my own NPCs so that atrocities like that doesn't happen.
    That is so Ratchet. Just delete the sim, they're beyond saving at that point.

I play rotationally and the game totally overrides my seasonal outfit choices of my currently unplayed sims. Summer outfits aren't usually too bad but the game puts turbans on all my sims for winter wear. It's as annoying as the glut of eyeball rings, the default glasses with sleepwear and males wearing earrings with Athletic wear.

I've found this to be the case too. Even if I fix every Sim in town, given a little time, they'll be back to dressing badly. The game overrides any changes I make.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I like it when NPCs show up wearing weird outfits, but I hate that one of my played characters, who is very feminine, keeps showing up in a construction hat.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I just played in Willow Creek last night during an Autumn rain and there were Sims wandering around everywhere in bad fashions and accessories, including Sims I've made myself from my other households.

Why does this continue to be an issue? I feel like every time we get a new pack this happens over again and it's not something that's easily ignored because these Sims are everywhere.

Please devs, can you make this a routine quality check whenever you make changes to the game?
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I like it when NPCs show up wearing weird outfits, but I hate that one of my played characters, who is very feminine, keeps showing up in a construction hat.

What construction hat? I am curious seeing I have all the packs and don't seem to have one of those.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Rouenpucelle wrote: »
    >
    > I like it when NPCs show up wearing weird outfits, but I hate that one of my played characters, who is very feminine, keeps showing up in a construction hat.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What construction hat? I am curious seeing I have all the packs and don't seem to have one of those.

Maybe it was something similar to a construction hat, or some weird mod I downloaded? I'll take a screenshot next time she shows up.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Adding the SIB's in Strangerville to the list. I've had them arrive four times, each in a new game, and of the 8 sims only 1 has been in proper attire. Of the other 7, the female has been in ordinary everyday attire 3 times and the male has been in female attire 4 times. I don't care what they do on their own time, but when 'on the clock' they really should be in uniform.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2019
    It's worse when you have cc accessoires in your game. The jacket and the bloodstains in this picture are both set to "not allowed for random", but some filters manage to ignore that:

22.02.19_00-40-516tkpn.jpg

It's okay for the weirdos, I mean, if you walk around in a St. Patrick's day hat and a swimsuit or a wrestler mask, you can just as well go all out. I like my weirdos. Shotguns and eyepatchs at the Romance festival... not so much :s
    LiELF wrote: »
    I just played in Willow Creek last night during an Autumn rain and there were Sims wandering around everywhere in bad fashions and accessories, including Sims I've made myself from my other households.

Why does this continue to be an issue? I feel like every time we get a new pack this happens over again and it's not something that's easily ignored because these Sims are everywhere.

Please devs, can you make this a routine quality check whenever you make changes to the game?

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that this problem might be caused by having "Situation" checked in the clothing category. I've noticed that a lot of CC is checked for this and they continue to pop up on Sims, regardless of being disallowed for random.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    @LiELF: There are special rain outfits Sims will randomly choose during rain. These situational outfits are really buggy though. There's a fix for it:

WalkbyRainFix (SeasonsMods): Sims walking by won't wear ridiculous outfit combinations when it's raining anymore. With version 2 Sims will actually choose boots and a raincoat.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @LiELF: There are special rain outfits Sims will randomly choose during rain. These situational outfits are really buggy though. There's a fix for it:

WalkbyRainFix (SeasonsMods): Sims walking by won't wear ridiculous outfit combinations when it's raining anymore. With version 2 Sims will actually choose boots and a raincoat.

@83bienchen That's great, thank you! :)

I've been playing a vanilla game for the last few months since I've been sorting through my CC, but I'm thinking I really need to get some mods back in there because I'm getting really tired of wrestling with the game. This will help!
    #Team Occult
  • XiraiyaXiraiya Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2019
    Someone else probably mentioned it but this is a case with "Situation outfits" which we can't edit for some reason. I know MCCC lets you override most "situations" with outfits of your choosing, for example setting "Date situations" to Party, and so on. This I find fixes the issue for the most part.

But I don't understand why Maxis didn't account for any of this nonsense, or why they'd be okay with letting it be. Simply because it is apparent within 5 minutes of playing that everyone's outfits are messed up and 90% of them are probably wearing Turbins and glasses.

The situation outfits should just default to the closest preset outfit available (For example Party outfit for Dates) and then give the player the ability to plan different situation outfits from their wardrobe or whatever. As far as I can tell I can't actually edit any of those outfits even through mods, just override them. It was hard enough finding a way to edit career outfits.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I don't understand it either but most of it is actually a design choice. EA choose to code it so that in some situations, townies are assigned random outfits. Those use a certain outfit style, which would be perfectly fine if EA were carefully enough to assign only fitting outfits to that stye. Unfortunately, when new assets are created for the game by EA, they sometimes tend to forget about the outfit styles and don't adjust them properly.

Some of those outfit problems are however bugs, like for instance some of the outfits at the Geek Con which are the result of broken costumes. If a costume is broken, the sim will wear a completely randomized outfit instead.
    Another example are the festival shirts. If a sim chooses to wear a festival outfit and is currently wearing a full body outfit, this action will render him/her bottomless atm.

There are fixes for all broken outfits at my site, but there are really a lot by now and I don't get why EA are not giving up that poorly design choice, but even add more of them with almost every pack.

@LiELF: I just noticed that you mentioned the ridiculous outfits occured at night. There's another possible reason for this, the fake vampire outfits. There's a fix for them in the Vampire section of my mods.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks to the today patch , it should not be better...

New low quality CAS content

0.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks to the today patch , it should not be better...

New low quality CAS content

0.jpg

If they have set "allow for random" on those clothes...then I'm out.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Has this been fixed because I'm still experiencing it in my game and it's seriously annoying the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of me
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I can deal with ugly townie clothing but not on my sims
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I'm up to my recommended limit on Sims and it's those who I find wandering around, not NPCs. They also turn up as waiters etc.....Eliza Pancakes turns up as a mixologist in Brindleton Bay.......
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just stumbled on this thread in my futile search for some way to fix this issue. It's been driving me nuts for ages and to be perfectly blunt it's absolutely laughable that either:

a) They can't figure out how to fix the bug ...

or

b) They simply don't give a plum.

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous, but whatever the case, it's classic EA. And people wonder why they get ripped around here.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Or give up on the game altogether.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I just stumbled on this thread in my futile search for some way to fix this issue. It's been driving me nuts for ages and to be perfectly blunt it's absolutely laughable that either:

a) They can't figure out how to fix the bug ...

or

b) They simply don't give a plum.

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous, but whatever the case, it's classic EA. And people wonder why they get ripped around here.

I don't get it either, on Answer HQ, they seem to be fully aware of the issue, but the developers keep adding situational outfits to the game, pretending like they are working as intended.