Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch - Losing fame?

I twice (once for each adult sim) got the "Spotlight Fading" warning today after the patch was installed, despite both having the "Undying Fame" perk.
Looking at their stats their fame doesn't seem to actually diminish, but the warning came regardless.

I am not reporting this yet because I am not 100% sure if it's the game, or the MCCC doing something (it was not updated yet for the patch to the patch).
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    I believe there’s an option in MCCC where you can turn off Fame decay. But if you have this enabled, you will still get notifications saying your fame is decreasing when it’s actually not. It’s my understanding that you’re supposed to just ignore the notifications.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There is a perk that stops fame decaying? Is that from a mod or it's in the actual game?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Sharonia There's an aspiration reward trait that stops fame decay. I *think* it's from completing the Acting aspiration, not 100% sure off-hand.

Edit: Actually, now I think about it, maybe there's a separate aspiration for fame that gives it.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    There is a perk that stops fame decaying? Is that from a mod or it's in the actual game?

Pretty sure that’s the reward from the new Celebrity Aspiration.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Yep. Just like you get longevity from the body builder one, you get permanent fame from the "becoming a celebrity" aspiration.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Yep. Just like you get longevity from the body builder one, you get permanent fame from the "becoming a celebrity" aspiration.

Ooh that's great to know, thanks. <3