Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3 Packs coming within 6 months

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    3 in the next six month 😵😵 was definitely not expecting that, they mention when that patch hits the game?
  • simoleoncatsimoleoncat Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 2019
    Removed
    Post edited by simoleoncat on
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    3 in the next six month 😵😵 was definitely not expecting that, they mention when that patch hits the game?

Tuesday, the 16th.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Tuesday, the 16th.

Thank you, much obliged.
    Also keyboard and mouse support are coming to consoles!
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    At the end of the live stream 2 songs played, once of which had a mysterious vibe. People in the chat were saying "now I'm ready for halloween"... this screen came on for a few seconds before the stream stopped. What do we think?? Sort of looks like a beaker to me. Magic? imgur.com/gallery/UmyRj3n

That is the Strangerville icon
    At the end of the live stream 2 songs played, once of which had a mysterious vibe. People in the chat were saying "now I'm ready for halloween"... this screen came on for a few seconds before the stream stopped. What do we think?? Sort of looks like a beaker to me. Magic? imgur.com/gallery/UmyRj3n

That is the Strangerville icon

Oh yikes! My bad. Sorry!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Soo, I don’t feel like watching a replay, a anything special announced?

There will be 1 expansion pack, 1 game pack and 1 stuff pack released in the next six months.

Also, there's a new freelancer career. You join one of three agencies to get gigs in programming, writing or painting, all of which you do via a home computer. There's some new CAS content, some new build/buy and base-game laptops for anyone who doesn't own Strangerville.

Also consoles are getting mouse and keyboard support Tuesday Next week.
    Soo, I don’t feel like watching a replay, a anything special announced?

1. EP, GP, SP all in the next 6 months.
    2. Three new free lancer jobs that you can work at any time you want, set up like acting where you pick and choose which "gig" you want to do. There will be pay increases and rewards.
    3. New desk, wall book shelf, white color swatch for shelf, drawing pad and several cool job based objects.
    4. New clothes and shoes.

There may be other things I forgot but well worth your time to watch yourself.

Also a new laptop pc.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Looks like she pretty much confirmed on twitter, too, that the thing about the 3 packs is what she delayed the stream for to get the info in. Some people are happy about it, some are saying they think it's nothing info. Personally, I don't really get what's interesting about knowing that some types of packs are confirmed with no details and subject to change (seems like they're just confirming the basic template of how the game has worked for its entire life).

But more power to those who are pleased. I guess I just don't get how this is revealing much of anything. And if any of those themes are things people have not been clamoring for, there's now going to be lots of time for people to build up hype and be greatly disappointed.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    Triplis wrote: »
    Looks like she pretty much confirmed on twitter, too, that the thing about the 3 packs is what she delayed the stream for to get the info in. Some people are happy about it, some are saying they think it's nothing info. Personally, I don't really get what's interesting about knowing that some types of packs are confirmed with no details and subject to change (seems like they're just confirming the basic template of how the game has worked for its entire life).

But more power to those who are pleased. I guess I just don't get how this is revealing much of anything. And if any of those themes are things people have not been clamoring for, there's now going to be lots of time for people to build up hype and be greatly disappointed.

Well I'm happy to know another Stuffpack is coming.

The difference for me is in the knowing that something is coming verses may be coming. I don't need to know exactly what and exactly when, just that it's coming in the next six months.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm predicting the EP in June, SP in August, and GP in October. Just in time for Halloween.... >:)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2019

Because people like to know what's coming rather than complete silence. Even if we don't have details, yet. No one even knew if stuff packs would ever return. Now we know.

Also, not much hype to build without knowing any details. The speculation will be pretty much the same.

Any way you look at it, we have more info now than we did yesterday.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I’m excited for this! I’ve been wanting keyboard and mouse support for consoles. Glad to see bug fixes too!
    I’m excited for this! I’ve been wanting keyboard and mouse support for consoles. Glad to see bug fixes too!

This.

That was the highlight of my excitement today. I started a thread in the console section.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Since Graham's on the stream, I wonder if SPs are gonna make a comeback. Personally, I'm hoping they cut out SPs and just give us fuller EPs and GPs, but I'm curious either way.

That's the point of a SP. To give us stuff that there wasn't room for in an EP. With a Uni pack, we might get a comic book shop. But if it can be in a SP and developed a little more, then that means more room in the EP for other stuff.

It would also mean that people don't have to buy Uni just to get the comic book shop, to use your example. Or we could get a beach vacation world, then an Inns and B&Bs GP to build them anywhere even if you don't have the Beachy Keen pack. :)

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Another stuff pack? How is Ralph, is he already dead?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2019
    Everything is coming in the next 6 months, so by the end of September.

This means there's still a chance for a 2nd EP in the run-up to Winterfest (November, maybe?).

Likely there will be another 6 months roadmap to cover Q3 and Q4 (October 2019 - March 2020).
    IngeJones wrote: »
    Another stuff pack? How is Ralph, is he already dead?

:p:p
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Since Graham's on the stream, I wonder if SPs are gonna make a comeback. Personally, I'm hoping they cut out SPs and just give us fuller EPs and GPs, but I'm curious either way.

That's the point of a SP. To give us stuff that there wasn't room for in an EP. With a Uni pack, we might get a comic book shop. But if it can be in a SP and developed a little more, then that means more room in the EP for other stuff.

Um can we not cut content from expansions to sell in stuff packs? Each DLC should be standalone - you should not need to buy a stuff pack to complete the content set of an expansion. My first pet stuff was one of the poorest received packs in the history of the franchise, I doubt they will try that again. If they do they will have the same outcome as last time. Would be better to just not give the producers there any ideas on that front....
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Um can we not cut content from expansions to sell in stuff packs? Each DLC should be standalone - you should not need to buy a stuff pack to complete the content set of an expansion. My first pet stuff was one of the poorest received packs in the history of the franchise, I doubt they will try that again. If they do they will have the same outcome as last time. Would be better to just not give the producers there any ideas on that front....

it did not do poorly its the number 4 most used pack in sims 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited April 2019

it did not do poorly its the number 4 most used pack in sims 4

Usage is not a great statistic. It means very little in the broader picture, especially when we don’t have units sold available to scale the data.

Critical reception to the pack was largely negative. I don’t know how anyone could have missed that, but it absolutely was. Maxis acknowledged as much, and people who bought it using it doesn’t change the fact that it angered a lot of people and gave the studio a bad look for awhile.

Um, as you no doubt have seen devs state that there are many, many features that get cut during the planning of packs. A comic book shop has no real place in a Uni pack but would be a nice addition. If, however, it gets cut for space, why not add it to our game via a Stuff Pack? Those that want it can add it, those that don't want a comic book shop can ignore it. I doubt that things get cut from EPs just to have something to sell in a SP. It is possible that they consider which features might be cut that can be placed in a SP so we still get those features. EPs, GPs ad SPs do have a limit as to just how much can be put into them.