Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spay Failed On Cat 5 Times! Help

Please help! My cat is in heat and annoying the crap out of me yowling. I took her to the vet and spayed her, but the light always ends on red and she is still in heat after! Can I not spay her in heat?

I have saved and reset the game as well... Please help!

Comments

• CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I don't think you can spay a cat in heat. Sadly I think you will have to wait it out for now. Then spay her once she is not in heat anymore.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    That’s not true. You can spay a cat and dog in heat I’ve done it multiple times when I forgot. However I have this as well, can’t spay my cat in heat either. They go into the surgery center and are out seconds later and nothing has been done. I think it’s a glitch unfortunately. Anyone know a cheat or something that can spay or neuter animals? I don’t mind the yowling but I don’t really want kittens in this save.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited December 2018
    You can always spay them while making them in CAS (or presumably with cas.fulleditmode). It's in the small drop down menu under the gender selection tab (ie, the same place as gender identity preferences for human sims). :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, the game allows players to spay cats in heat, I used to do it in the past. I was wondering about the same problem 2-3 days ago.
    I switched households and played with a new family that I created for an apartment that I built, tried to spay the family cat, the interaction always cancelled when the vet operated the machine. Ended up moving the cat into Malcolm Landgraab's household who is veterinarian and vet clinic owner, he had do the operation himself free of charge, then I moved the cat back to her owners' apartment.
  • EmihahneEmihahne Posts: 40 Member
    Unfortunately I've edited her in CAS to fixed and still having the issue. I have a dog added now that I fixed in CAS too. Both in heat. Took then both to the vet and the spay option is grayed out. But they're IN HEAT.

Hoping we can all find answers soon!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yeah I fixed in CAS too. It seems to have stopped the next day though. But I’m not completely sure. She’ll go out of heat eventually even if I didn’t stop. Hopefully then it won’t happen again.
  • Scarbo27Scarbo27 Posts: 125 Member
    edited December 2018
    Emihahne wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've edited her in CAS to fixed and still having the issue. I have a dog added now that I fixed in CAS too. Both in heat. Took then both to the vet and the spay option is grayed out. But they're IN HEAT.

Hoping we can all find answers soon!

Like I said, the solution that I found is to make a sim that you can actually control do the operation himself. You could make a sim purchase a vet clinic (the default Paws Hospital in Brindleton Bay should do). Then once your sim traveled there, you should improve his veterinarian skills to level 6 because the spaying operation is a bit advanced for beginner vets. Once your sim has high veterinarian skill level, go back to world edit and transfer the cat to the household of the vet clinic owner. Then go back to live mode, now you can spay the cat with the surgery machine. It's a bit of a hassle to go through all of those steps, I hope EA will notice this thread and do something about it in the next patch.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    There's currently an issue with spraying/surgery in general

Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Unable-to-perform-vet-surgery-spray-amp-unspray/m-p/6652787#M73466
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited December 2018
    crinrict wrote: »
    There's currently an issue with spraying/surgery in general

Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Unable-to-perform-vet-surgery-spray-amp-unspray/m-p/6652787#M73466

Wow I hope this gets fixed. I was about to get my sims cat spayed. I just wonder if this could be caused by the Dec Patch.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    It seems to have happened before but only to very few people. Now it seems just everyone.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I have the same problem with a dog, she's in heat too. Tried several vet clinics, not working. Did you solve it ? Is it a bug ?
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    same here, doesn't work for me.
  • jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    I had this same problem, couldn't spay my cat in heat so waited till she was done, still couldn't spay her. Went home bought the machine spay her then sold the machine, it worked but cost.
  • SageypieSageypie Posts: 1 New Member
    Same problem here. It's been months and still not fixed..
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Yeah, this is happening to me too. It started this past fall after one of the updates. It is a bug and is one on crincrit's bug list, so EA is aware of it. I haven't tried it yet, but some simmers say you can work around this bug if you build a Vet Office on another lot which then the surgery machine will start to work, so that is a possibility to try. (Can anyone confirm this?)

Right now I work around this bug by locking the doors to the outside for "All Pets". If I have a dog, I have a fenced in yard that they can get to so they can still go to the bathroom. I lock any gates too. You can still lead a dog through an "All Pets" locked door as long as the dog is on a leash. As for cats outside when you load a lot, just temporarily unlock the door and have your sim call them when inside.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @MLadyAzzera I just commented about this exact thing on another post. I have spayed the same dog 9 times and she is still in heat. The original post was about a simmer not being able to heal their sick cat. I think it’s a bug.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I adopted a spayed female kitten. Now, thanks to this bug, I have five cats!
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    edited April 2019
    This is on console as well. I cannot spay or neuter. It’s frustrating. I’m relieved it’s not just me.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I often have issues taking my pets to the vet, so I've started to cheat my sims vet skills to 8 and then do all my pets operations or illness fixing stuff at home. It makes it quicker and it has always been successful so far. Plus it saves travelling time to go to the vet :smile:
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks so this already has a thread on AHQ which was posted earlier in the thread but I'll repost now Unable to perform Vet surgery Spray & Unspray

Considering all our bug reporting and assistance with that has moved to AHQ I'm going to be closing this thread and request you keep an eye there for solutions to it. I hope this gets sorted.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top