Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wishful Thinking Still Remains...

LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
It's a basic list and many may think these wishes are stupid, but I wish for these things so very much!

1. My entire worlds are designed around Harry Potter. Because of this I desperately wish for Private schools and boarding schools. This way I can use private schools for my snobbish & posh sims. This way they are not attending public school with the regular sims and I can have my Harry Potter kids got to Hogwarts as a boarding school. With the boarding schools I wish we could go visit and play those sims like in Sims 3 University Life.
2. Sims should have messy beds unless they have the "Neat" trait
3. Sims sleeping animations: allow for toss and turn, snuggling, back to back, spooning, and introduce a "Wild Sleeper" trait and these sims will be bedhogs. Bedhog sims can toss and turn in excess where they steal the covers or bump the other sim out of the bed. The other sim can get up and stomp their feet in their usual aggravated manner and wake up the other sims and yell at them before going back to bed.
4. Reading newspapers! Allow sims to read newspapers and have jobs working for the newspaper and news channel as reporters, anchors, copywriters, producers, gossip columnists, etc.
- The Gossip Columnist can print real sim-life scandal stories of famous sims and have sims that the stories are about get mad at reporter, fight reporters, and try to bribe the reporter into not releasing the story. :smiley:
- Anchors can report on stories of famous sims and crime in towns and the weather. Maybe even report when a drug dealer gets busted by police.
- - Would work w/ mods
5. More and longer cleaning interactions like mopping wood and tiled flooring, vacuuming, dusting, and window washing
- If sim does NOT have a Neat trait they do quick bare minimum cleaning
- If the sim has the Neat trait they do extensive cleaning and even double-check dishes in the dishwasher and maybe re-clean them. Neat sims also should demand ALL their kids and teens or spouses/roommates bathe after being outdoors for any activities like basketball or playing.
6. MORE ROMANTIC & FAMILY INTERACTIONS!!!
- Hold hands walking as a couple
- Snuggle/cuddle while watching TV (non- of this rubbing heads together stuff. just lean into each other and enjoy the movie/show)
- Random wallaby tickles and kiss on cheeks or butt patting
- Lounge together in bed
- Read together in bed
- Watch TV together in bed
- Let children sleep between parents when afraid of thunder or the monster under their beds
- Let kids walk w/ grand parents/parents/aunts/uncles/siblings holding hands
- Piggyback rides for children
- Play hide & go seek w/ kids
- Adults & teens play make believe w/ children
- Kids "help" parents cook (make cookies or hand them ingredients when preparing grand meals, etc.)
- Give kids a toy kitchen, army/Barbie/baby dolls to play with w/ their friends and adults
- Parents teach kids to read and write
- Parents teach kids to tie their shoes
- Parents argue w/ children to eat all their food
- Parents carry kids to bed and tuck them in
7. Have family of famous sims either hate being related to the famous sim or thrive off of the other sim's fame.
Post edited by LexLennon on

Comments

• LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    edited March 2019
    LexLennon wrote: »
    It's a basic list and many may think these wishes are stupid, but I wish for these things so very much!

1. My entire worlds are designed around Harry Potter. Because of this I desperately wish for Private schools and boarding schools. This way I can use private schools for my snobbish & posh sims. This way they are not attending public school with the regular sims and I can have my Harry Potter kids got to Hogwarts as a boarding school. With the boarding schools I wish we could go visit and play those sims like in Sims 3 University Life.
    2. Sims should have messy beds unless they have the "Neat" trait
    3. Sims sleeping animations: allow for toss and turn, snuggling, back to back, spooning, and introduce a "Wild Sleeper" trait and these sims will be bedhogs. Bedhog sims can toss and turn in excess where they steal the covers or bump the other sim out of the bed. The other sim can get up and stomp their feet in their usual aggravated manner and wake up the other sims and yell at them before going back to bed.
    4. Reading newspapers! Allow sims to read newspapers and have jobs working for the newspaper and news channel as reporters, anchors, copywriters, producers, gossip columnists, etc.
    - The Gossip Columnist can print real sim-life scandal stories of famous sims and have sims that the stories are about get mad at reporter, fight reporters, and try to bribe the reporter into not releasing the story. :smiley:
    - Anchors can report on stories of famous sims and crime in towns and the weather. Maybe even report when a drug dealer gets busted by police.
    - - Would work w/ [Edited by EA_Mai: not appropriate for the T rating of the game] mods
    5. More and longer cleaning interactions like mopping wood and tiled flooring, vacuuming, dusting, and window washing
    - If sim does NOT have a Neat trait they do quick bare minimum cleaning
    - If the sim has the Neat trait they do extensive cleaning and even double-check dishes in the dishwasher and maybe re-clean them. Neat sims also should demand ALL their kids and teens or spouses/roommates bathe after being outdoors for any activities like basketball or playing.
    6. MORE ROMANTIC & FAMILY INTERACTIONS!!!
    - Hold hands walking as a couple
    - Snuggle/cuddle while watching TV (non- of this rubbing heads together stuff. just lean into each other and enjoy the movie/show)
    - Random wallaby tickles and kiss on cheeks or butt patting
    - Lounge together in bed
    - Read together in bed
    - Watch TV together in bed
    - Let children sleep between parents when afraid of thunder or the monster under their beds
    - Let kids walk w/ grand parents/parents/aunts/uncles/siblings holding hands
    - Piggyback rides for children
    - Play hide & go seek w/ kids
    - Adults & teens play make believe w/ children
    - Kids "help" parents cook (make cookies or hand them ingredients when preparing grand meals, etc.)
    - Give kids a toy kitchen, army/Barbie/baby dolls to play with w/ their friends and adults
    - Parents teach kids to read and write
    - Parents teach kids to tie their shoes
    - Parents argue w/ children to eat all their food
    - Parents carry kids to bed and tuck them in
    7. Have family of famous sims either hate being related to the famous sim or thrive off of the other sim's fame.

Love number 7!

Number 4 - I miss having sims read the paper and get notifications on neighbourhood goings on like they did in TS3, but it probably doesn't really work unless you have an open world.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I love your list. Completely.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    I want all of this too, esp. the sleep animations and romance and family interactions. I really miss my couples cuddling in bed and seeing them walk together holding hands would be so cute too. My favourite sim is also neat so I would definitely love to see 2 & 5 to make the trait more distinct. I always liked how only neat and perfectionist sims made their bed without prompting in TS3. It really is the little things like this that give our sims personality.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I miss the non-autonomous bed-making, too. Actually, I'd like more chores around the house - remember when we had to change out the light bulbs? I used to have at least one neat Sim in every family - otherwise, things started to get grungy. I do appreciate that kids and teens can now gain personality traits from helping around the house, however.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Moved this to the Ideas corner :smile:
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    The cleaning one is a hit and miss with me but a big YES to the rest of your list! I miss having to try and get my kids into private school and having messy beds! I hate that they sleep in one place!! :s
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cleaning a Sims home - just like laundry are things I won't do in the game. I own the laundry pack but NEVER put laundry in my game as i have enough housework in the real world - I'd rather just enjoy life without that in my play time. I am fine if they do it like Wash Day so I can choose to not be forced to have laundry .

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Love this, I know many already know my answer but I would add better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I love all of these idea
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2019
    Great ideas @LexLennon. They would add so much to the game. Sadly I no longer think anyone is listening.
  • LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    Love this, I know many already know my answer but I would add better personalities.

For the time being I recommend adding in Pancake1's Chemistry Alpha 5.1 MOD and Kawaiistacie's Slice of Life MOD. These allow you to add specific likes/dislikes which then impact the interactions between sims a lot in gameplay.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    2-6 are all must for me. The bed making itself and all my Sims looking like neat freaks because of it is so annoying.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    I want all of this too, esp. the sleep animations and romance and family interactions. I really miss my couples cuddling in bed and seeing them walk together holding hands would be so cute too. My favourite sim is also neat so I would definitely love to see 2 & 5 to make the trait more distinct. I always liked how only neat and perfectionist sims made their bed without prompting in TS3. It really is the little things like this that give our sims personality.

Back when we used to have the Dev's Q & A section in the forum - one of the devs - it may have been Daniel - I forget now - said they actually tried the hand holding while walking for sims between couples as well as between kids or parents and kids and found out it did not work right because of the multi-tasking programming - it was said it was the same reason we didn't get lounge chairs, recliners, slow dancing and carrying infants around. So unless they figured a way around that issue since they posted that over 3 years ago - I doubt those things will ever happen in the game.

From the sound of what they wrote then any visual actions between sims are a problem - thanks to multi-tasking programming. Made me ask then why they did multi-tasking then as I for one would like all those other things. Of course I sort of got poo-pooed by other players who loved the multi-tasking - but I have never changed my mind. I don't see where it does anything but keep us from having things we had before or things we wished we had.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited April 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Back when we used to have the Dev's Q & A section in the forum - one of the devs - it may have been Daniel - I forget now - said they actually tried the hand holding while walking for sims between couples as well as between kids or parents and kids and found out it did not work right because of the multi-tasking programming - it was said it was the same reason we didn't get lounge chairs, recliners, slow dancing and carrying infants around. So unless they figured a way around that issue since they posted that over 3 years ago - I doubt those things will ever happen in the game.

From the sound of what they wrote then any visual actions between sims are a problem - thanks to multi-tasking programming. Made me ask then why they did multi-tasking then as I for one would like all those other things. Of course I sort of got poo-pooed by other players who loved the multi-tasking - but I have never changed my mind. I don't see where it does anything but keep us from having things we had before or things we wished we had.
    Seeing now that toddlers can be carried they have at least found a work around for that issue. Things like the lounge chairs issue is having to remake all the multi-tasking animations not so much the games limitations just the costly work to animate a new way to sit talk its one of those to hard cost to much but totally possible features.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"