March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC's Outfits - From Bad To Completely Outrageous

Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I usually don't post too many complaints on the forums. But after seeing this NPC in my game, I just had to post & plead for some change. What is going on with NPC's outfits? It's no secret that NPC's showed up in some pretty bad outfits. But it's gone from bad to just completely outrageous.
And this Sim used to be a active/played Sim, & so she had 3-5 outfits in each category already picked out. Why is she showing up in such hideous clothes? This isn't a holiday or costume day or anything. It was a birthday party & she showed up like this!!! I'm just beyond confused as to where these outfits come from, especially when there are already outfits picked out for her.

oMEAir5.png

I'm pretty sure this is happening in everyone's game. I usually just try to ignore it.....but when it's my own Sim who is now NPC....seeing this just made me very upset. Thank goodness for mods as I'm able to click on her & pick one of her outfits that I already setup for her. But I should not have to rely on mods & it's pretty sad that I do, to fix this nightmare. There are several Simmers who do not play with mods though....& I guess they get stuck with this. I hope the Sims team can provide a fix, as this is beyond ridiculous.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    If she's a played Sim, it sounds like this is a bug!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    OMG. They could at least flag accessories to not be worn.

But, yes, I have seen my played sims spawning in random outfits, complete with multiple bizarre accessories, and have no idea why. Its annoying to say the least.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have noticed that it happens to my played sims whenever they spawn at a festival specially. After the festival, many still keep those extremely random and silly outfits for a while.
    It is one of my biggest pet peeves with the game since I like to have control over all my sims and seeing sims I play and care about appear dressed like this breaks my immersion big time.
    YjPbcGg.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    It's called a Situation outfit and they're used a lot. I modded them out of festivals at least because they're so bad. I really wish they would be disabled or at least tweaked. They always show up in the worst combination of clothes, an inappropriate hat and seemingly an accessory from every single category. Don't even get me started on the eyeball ring.

Fun fact, there's a bug with the Science career outfit right now. The outfit has apparently been deleted and replaced with the lab coat from Strangerville. But if you don't have Strangerville, which I don't yet, you get all kinds of random outfits instead. Don't just take my word for it though:

awfuloutfit62jhd.png

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    It's worse when you have cc accessoires in your game. The jacket and the bloodstains in this picture are both set to "not allowed for random", but some filters manage to ignore that:

22.02.19_00-40-516tkpn.jpg

It's okay for the weirdos, I mean, if you walk around in a St. Patrick's day hat and a swimsuit or a wrestler mask, you can just as well go all out. I like my weirdos. Shotguns and eyepatchs at the Romance festival... not so much :s
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It's worse when you have cc accessoires in your game. The jacket and the bloodstains in this picture are both set to "not allowed for random", but some filters manage to ignore that:

22.02.19_00-40-516tkpn.jpg

It's okay for the weirdos, I mean, if you walk around in a St. Patrick's day hat and a swimsuit or a wrestler mask, you can just as well go all out. I like my weirdos. Shotguns and eyepatchs at the Romance festival... not so much :s

You need to check your cc in S4 studio and disallow it for "situational" for it to stop appearing in the festival outfits and the vampire wannabes. There's no batch fix though so you have to do each item individually.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited March 2019
    Townie in my game now decided to always wear female outfit even though he is really masculine in appearance, sometime he wore skirt. I dont like this in my game. among other hideous combination of outfit.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Yeah it's weird when the situation outfits get out of control or just so random for no reason only place where the situation outfits make sense is Granite Falls thus far.

Would like the romance festival to just use formal outfits as preferred attire. I actually use a mod for this so Sims aren't wearing such odd items the accessories kill it more than anything.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    and that's why I murder NPCs, and create my own NPCs so that atrocities like that doesn't happen.
    That is so Ratchet. Just delete the sim, they're beyond saving at that point.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    without mods you can go to her and ask to see the outfit you want her to wear... but I agree that the fashion situation is out of control right now.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Perhaps the mature and capable people who gave us the superior prior systems are no longer involved. This mess smacks of immature pandering to the even more immature.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Townie in my game now decided to always wear female outfit even though he is really masculine in appearance, sometime he wore skirt. I dont like this in my game. among other hideous combination of outfit.

I had a coworker at the science lab with a mustache, very muscular, and always wore a different dress each day. I thought it was kinda cute and quirky.
    But the awful outfits NPCs walk around in are a bit much. I encountered a vampire last night whose dark form wore undies, a suit jacket, socks with sandals, and tons of jewelry.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    That explains why sims showed up with underwears at the last geek festival, with santa hats... I was like, where's everyone's pants? Ironcally, Santa showed up as Darth Vader...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited March 2019
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Since vampire stuff there seemed to be a trigger that filled every accessory slot where a generated outfit, like romance festival robes, is made. I'm constantly finding my sims wearing random outfits, asking them to change and the awful one isn't even in their options
    caitytrina.png
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, same here since forever. Seems like the more they add the crazier the outfits. However, I've had random townies just waltzing down the street, at venues, at homes with mis-matched clothes, accessories and jacked hair. As mentioned above, some (okay, a lot especially when you count cc) filters simply fly past the 'not allowed for randoms' radar. It doesn't even have to be a sim I played, half the time I either give up or give in and attempt to place them in semi-normal attire. Annoys me a bit at times when I just want to take a quick pic of my sim doing something neat - oh wait, there's town Elder Sharon in the background sporting a nearly see through golden sparkly dress, long ombre hair, misshapen green jacket, and wearing about five to ten different accessories too small that belong to a teenager... Jiving Smustling to classical music. -_-
    Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2019
    Outfits in this game are a mess right now.

Situational outfits are broken: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/td-p/6904580

Festival outfits are broken: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-People-aren-t-into-pants-at-GeekCons-anymore/td-p/6895972

Towel outfits has random accessories: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Towel-outfit-has-random-accessories/m-p/6874860#M63699

Here is how you can fight this with mods.

MC Command Center - MC Dresser, with this you can change situational outfits to saved outfits like everyday.

Mods that reduce random generated sims like Deichschaf's townieoverhaul_lessfame, or NPC Control by Paulson. This will make the game generate less random sims with random clothing and use sims in your unplayed households instead. You can also change the settings in MC Population to reduce them.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    Since vampire stuff there seemed to be a trigger that filled every accessory slot where a generated outfit, like romance festival robes, is made. I'm constantly finding my sims wearing random outfits, asking them to change and the awful one isn't even in their options

Ya i see this a lot even plus in the winter clothes.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I think a good solution is to expand the “outfit catalogue” for each dress type and have the NPCs pull their clothing from that. It’s already there, I mean, might as well put it to better use. If the catalogue is expansive enough, the possibility of every sim wearing the exact same outfit would be minimized.

And quite honestly, I’d rather see a few sims having the same fashion tastes than everyone striding down the street seemingly wearing whatever they first grabbed in the closet.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited March 2019
    I think a good solution is to expand the “outfit catalogue” for each dress type and have the NPCs pull their clothing from that. It’s already there, I mean, might as well put it to better use. If the catalogue is expansive enough, the possibility of every sim wearing the exact same outfit would be minimized.

And quite honestly, I’d rather see a few sims having the same fashion tastes than everyone striding down the street seemingly wearing whatever they first grabbed in the closet.

I rarely see NPC's wearing the same outfits. My issue is that they wear really bizarre combinations, costumes when it's not appropriate, often don't wear pants, and frequently wear every accessory available in the catalogue at the same time. New vampires often spawn a dark form that has the same issues, including using all the vampire facial features.
    (That actually brings up another issue. You have to cheat to change the appearance details and teeth of new vampires. What's up with that?)

The only way I could see fixing the issue, would actually be to limit the items NPC's are allowed to use on a regular basis and only allowing them to wear costumes with certain tags.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I rarely see NPC's wearing the same outfits. My issue is that they wear really bizarre combinations, costumes when it's not appropriate, often don't wear pants, and frequently wear every accessory available in the catalogue at the same time. New vampires often spawn a dark form that has the same issues, including using all the vampire facial features.
    (That actually brings up another issue. You have to cheat to change the appearance details and teeth of new vampires. What's up with that?)

The only way I could see fixing the issue, would actually be to limit the items NPC's are allowed to use on a regular basis and only allowing them to wear costumes with certain tags.

Oops, I didn’t mean that NPCs are wearing the same outfits. I meant my proposed solution of “letting NPCs pull their outfits from the preset catalogues (Styled Looks? I can’t recall its name)” might cause that situation. However, I think that can be easily fixed by expanding the choices, or, better yet, let the players save presets ourselves.

I do agree to your suggestion of revamping the tagging system. Just that for them to pull from the presets would also prevent any “crazy mismatch” problem; two needs filled with one deed.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    @Simmer_chiyen: I've been hoping for an option to let the player save presets and determine whether they will be assigned randomly on NPCs for ages (and also requestedit several times), so I guess I cannot awe your posts often enough.
    I guess I'd spend weeks in CAS to set up my own outfit styles if we could get such a feature.

It would also be great if we could upload CAS styles to the Galery, but I'd also be totally satisfied without that addition.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    @83bienchen Thanks so much for your mods that fix this issue. I have the City Living festival outfits mods and I just got the Vampires one too.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Xwanton wrote: »
    @83bienchen Thanks so much for your mods that fix this issue. I have the City Living festival outfits mods and I just got the Vampires one too.

You're welcome. I'm glad you have put my mods to use. The nerdfestival mod will get a small update next week (as EA broke the female yellow Llama costume), so be sure to check back at my site then to avoid ridiculously dressed Sims.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The plague is not limited to regular townies. The other day took a sim to Too Small Valley for the first time and quickly discovered that the 'celebrities' are as bad, if not worse, than the illustrated earlier disasters. One would almost think they are deliberately trying to get everyone so disgusted they quit the game, it tanks, and they can cancel it so they can go on to make more games about killing people.