Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will this work on my device?

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Alexa, Play The Sims.

Comments

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I tried to activate Alexa on my Kindle Fire, but it won't let me unless I have a smart phone in addition to my tablet and give them my phone number. Very disappointing. It looked like fun and was looking forward to trying it out. Oh well.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    This works on the Garmin Speak with Alexa. I played trivia while driving.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Does this work on "okay Google" devices?
    Shadami wrote: »

I doubt it.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited January 2019
    Will it work on firesticks? I just found out my firestick has voice activated Alexa... I already went on amazons website to enable the skill but it's not working on my firestick...

Nvm I got it to work lol
    Post edited by Noree_Doree on
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It works well the the Amazon fire tablet. I didn't have to download anything, just had to talk to Alexa on it and it launched the app. I really like the dark mode look on it too. Brings back a lot of nostalgia with the music and Sims facts and information about the Sims history.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I don't understand why create an app for only limited amount of users. I dont have an Alexa, I have an google home device and my phone (android) .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't understand why create an app for only limited amount of users. I dont have an Alexa, I have an google home device and my phone (android) .

You can download the Alexa app for your phone.
  • SimGuru0x00SimGuru0x00 Posts: 19 SimGuru
    Shadami wrote: »

This is only available on alexa enabled devices for now. Sorry.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have a Google Pixle 3. I downloaded the Alexa app from the Google Play store. You don't need an Amazon device to access the app.

Google Play store for Android.

bHctjW3.png

Apple App store for IOS.

7VKR2OL.png
    To those who are doing this for the first time you have to enable the skill on your Alexa App or thru Amazon.com in order to get it to work.
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    We are also a Google household, but I am downloading the app for my Google Pixel 3 phone now. I'll update on my experience with that once I've had some time to play with it. (We'll always be a Google household though, sorry Alexa :neutral: )

I was able to say "Hey Google play The Sims 4 Soundtrack" and it played directly from Spotify for me. (I am a "premium" Spotify user and have integrated it with our home devices though, so I'm sure that factors in.) By default it started playing from "The Sims 4 Songs!" album which is all songs with vocals, so after looking it up directly on Spotify myself, I requested "Hey Google play the album The Sims 4" which is just music from the game/menus, and that executed perfectly. So that's what to ask for if that's what you want, Google Home (and Spotify) users!

I did try asking "Hey Google play the album The Sims 4 on YouTube" which sometimes works, for example "Hey Google play the album Blonde by Frank Ocean on YouTube," but this didn't work for me. So I directly searched google and asked for "Sims 4 Official Soundtrack," and this worked. So that is an option for non-Spotify users. (and does not exist on Spotify that I could find)

Sorry I don't use any other music services for testing.

TLDR:
    For those of you looking for Sims 4 music but aren't Alexa users, ask your Google Home device to play:
    -"the Sims 4 Official Soundtrack on YouTube"
    -"the album The Sims 4 on Spotify"
    -"the album The Sims 4 Songs! on Spotify"
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    ^ Sorry I can't edit yet, but I hope that was ok to post. People were asking about Google devices....

But I spent so much time playing around with that I forgot to say I REALLY WANT THAT KITCHEN from the Instagram post, hehe.

And @Shadami that's exactly my favorite thing about our home devices, listening to music while we cook! Your comment made me smile. My husband loves to humor my Sims obsession (I get lots of "sul sul"s around the house,) so I think he'll enjoy this too!
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    ^ Sorry I can't edit yet, but I hope that was ok to post. People were asking about Google devices....

But I spent so much time playing around with that I forgot to say I REALLY WANT THAT KITCHEN from the Instagram post, hehe.

And @Shadami that's exactly my favorite thing about our home devices, listening to music while we cook! Your comment made me smile. My husband loves to humor my Sims obsession (I get lots of "sul sul"s around the house,) so I think he'll enjoy this too!

I don't remember saying anything about this xD but I definitely use my Google mini only to play music in the kitchen while I'm cooking and cleaning... It's currently blaring Ghostbusters as a matter of fact. Alexa Sims music will probably come out when I'm plugged into the car xD

I actually just got my husband addicted to the Sims by getting him Sims 4 for Christmas.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I tried to activate Alexa on my Kindle Fire, but it won't let me unless I have a smart phone in addition to my tablet and give them my phone number. Very disappointing. It looked like fun and was looking forward to trying it out. Oh well.

@ClassicalSim - Have you tried to activate the app from amazon.com as @catloverplayer suggested?

If that doesn't work, check if you can find a 'skip' option when the Alexa app is asking for your phone number - I was able to skip both that and the request to access my contacts when I tried the app on my phone :)
    Rest assured this will work on the Amazon Echo Auto when it releases. Some people have already gotten theres. It's invites only. I'm on the list to get one as well.
    edited January 2019
    Just to confirm this works on The Amazon Echo Tap which is no longer made. I have the Tap and just tested. When listening on the Tap you will want to turn on always listening mode in the Alexa App as by default The Tap is set to where you have to mash the button to talk to Alexa.

The good thing about listening on the Tap is the Speaker is run by battery and you can take it room to room. I don't know why Amazon quit making this device over a year ago.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    @ClassicalSim I have a Kindle Fire too, and as of February 2019, it works perfectly. All you have to do is say Alexa, The Sims 4 tm.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I was eventually able to activate it using my Google Voice phone number. Since I never use that for anything I didn't mind giving it out.

• Franz123Franz123 Posts: 8 New Member
    This is only available in Alexa. :)