The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Be Honest... Does Anyone Still Vacation In Granite Falls?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I travel with my sims there fairly often. I have of course customise all the lots and now there is an eco yoga retreat, a spa, and some nice cabins with everything a family might need.
    It is great for family gatherings and kids love it. I also sometimes spend the winter holidays there, it is gorgeous.
    I also play a lot of outdoorsy eco-friendly sims that enjoy the quiet times away from their homes. My eco yoga retreat is a hit!

pgD4Iy8.jpg

Here are some pictures of my sims enjoying the yoga and nature retreat:
    xmVOGwG.jpg
    Rf2djwu.jpg
    P6nhq2Z.jpg
    vkkvdXH.jpg
    sVh0UT3.jpg
    uRtn1VP.jpg
    uowdfw7.jpg
    Q7izC2f.jpg

Love it. I am getting relaxed just watching your sims there..lol. Is this on the gallery?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    I meant to have my latest newlyweds honeymoon there, but it didn't happen. She got preggars on their wedding night. :open_mouth: I was really curious to see if the Paparazzi would follow them there, since he's a Global Superstar. Oh, well. Next time, perhaps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I travel with my sims there fairly often. I have of course customise all the lots and now there is an eco yoga retreat, a spa, and some nice cabins with everything a family might need.
    It is great for family gatherings and kids love it. I also sometimes spend the winter holidays there, it is gorgeous.
    I also play a lot of outdoorsy eco-friendly sims that enjoy the quiet times away from their homes. My eco yoga retreat is a hit!

pgD4Iy8.jpg

xmVOGwG.jpg
    Rf2djwu.jpg
    P6nhq2Z.jpg
    vkkvdXH.jpg
    sVh0UT3.jpg
    uRtn1VP.jpg
    uowdfw7.jpg
    Q7izC2f.jpg

Love it. I am getting relaxed just watching your sims there..lol. Is this on the gallery?

@keekee53 In the post (the one you quoted) she literally links it. Look for the linked words "eco yoga retreat"... it can be downloaded from there. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

pgD4Iy8.jpg

xmVOGwG.jpg
    Rf2djwu.jpg
    P6nhq2Z.jpg
    vkkvdXH.jpg
    sVh0UT3.jpg
    uRtn1VP.jpg
    uowdfw7.jpg
    Q7izC2f.jpg

Thanks! Sure, here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FCAE01A2041011E883782979BDEA37E6?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=AlbaWaterhouse&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I just remembered why I didn't like it the first time I took my family there. It's because they took their dog with them and the place they were staying in didn't have a food bowl. The vacation was a disaster right from the start. :D
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I just remembered why I didn't like it the first time I took my family there. It's because they took their dog with them and the place they were staying in didn't have a food bowl. The vacation was a disaster right from the start. :D

In the centre of the neighbourhood with the cabins, there's a place where you can buy supplies, I believe you can buy pet bowls too.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »

In the centre of the neighbourhood with the cabins, there's a place where you can buy supplies, I believe you can buy pet bowls too.

Yeah I tried that but for some reason the bowl wouldn't show up in my sims inventory after returning to their lodgings. I don't know if it was a game bug or I was just doing something wrong. They ended up cancelling the vacation early. I have gone and placed bowls in all the places sims can stay now so next time they vacation with a pet it should be alright.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yep you can buy pet supplies at the kiosk. Food bowls and toys and stuff.

You can also go in and edit lots before sending Sims there to add pet stuff to them if you don’t want to make your sims repurchase. Don’t forget to put down a bush or two for your pets to adventure in either on your potential rental lots or the park lot since Granite Falls doesn’t have those.

Also make sure to stock up on wellness treats before leaving in case your pets get sick.
    ~ ~ ~
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I send my sims there all the time...especially since many of them are into herbalism and fishing. I have remodeled the lots to make life a little easier but I love the Eco Yoga Retreat. I have sims who are into wellness too and this is a great place for them to escape to. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I still use it. I send my couples off for romantic weekends and honeymoons. I also send my families there too for their vacations. I've edited the lots to make them a bit more family friendly. I also love visiting during the winter, it's a very pretty place covered in snow, but there isn't much to do other than make them woohoo all weekend during a blizzard there.

I really like the vacation lots and hope to see more added later on, Vacations was my one of my fave expansions. I do not have the Jungle Adventure pack yet to compare it to Granite Falls.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I've only gone once so far.
    ChelleJo wrote: »

pgD4Iy8.jpg

xmVOGwG.jpg
    Rf2djwu.jpg
    P6nhq2Z.jpg
    vkkvdXH.jpg
    sVh0UT3.jpg
    uRtn1VP.jpg
    uowdfw7.jpg
    Q7izC2f.jpg

@keekee53 In the post (the one you quoted) she literally links it. Look for the linked words "eco yoga retreat"... it can be downloaded from there. :)

ooops just blew past the link looking at the pictures. thanks though.

pgD4Iy8.jpg

xmVOGwG.jpg
    Rf2djwu.jpg
    P6nhq2Z.jpg
    vkkvdXH.jpg
    sVh0UT3.jpg
    uRtn1VP.jpg
    uowdfw7.jpg
    Q7izC2f.jpg

Thanks! Sure, here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FCAE01A2041011E883782979BDEA37E6?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=AlbaWaterhouse&max=50&maxis=false

Thank you :) sorry I missed the link before.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I send some of my Sims to Granite Falls if they're working on collections. Several of my Sims have the Loves Outdoors trait so they occasionally have a whim to go on vacation to Granite Falls.

I have found that 2-day vacations work best because it gives the Sim enough time to do what I want them to and what they want to do which is usually painting, playing horseshoes, and cloud gazing. They also seem to like to roast marshmallows and play guitar and sing by a campfire.

There are three insects that I want them to collect while they're on vacation - Dragon Dragonfly, Dust Spirit, and Will-o-the-Wisp. And they troop around trying to find Noxious Elderberry plants so they can craft Insect Repellent.

When they reach Level 8 Handiness they go to Granite Falls to learn the Camping Mascot Sculpture Schematic. It's a money-maker.

It's such a pretty area. I tried putting a restaurant there once but it caused too many problems.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I take my sims there for honeymoons. I put a spa and wedding area there.
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    I pretty much just go when one of my sims has a whim about it. I try to give them what they want as much as possible because life's short for simmies.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I made it a thing that only my primary household does, "Father son bonding time" in the woods
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    My poor sims hardley take vacations and they always have a lot of days to use. The vacation places we have now are so boring I don't bother with them. We need more and more interesting ones.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    My sims still go to Granite Falls quite often. I changed many of the lots to community lots. I do not know why I did not think of doing something similar for Selvadorada. I never go there. Maybe if I change it up a bit I might use it more.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited March 2019
    I pretty much just go when one of my sims has a whim about it. I try to give them what they want as much as possible because life's short for simmies.

Lol I just recently found out you can turn whims off now! When did that happen? But yea now idk what they want to do and I kinda like it this way!
    michelei wrote: »
    My sims still go to Granite Falls quite often. I changed many of the lots to community lots. I do not know why I did not think of doing something similar for Selvadorada. I never go there. Maybe if I change it up a bit I might use it more.

That’s the vibe I’m getting too from this thread. There are a lot of people saying they had either forgotten about it or just don’t ever go. There are also a lot of people saying they go often AFTER they’ve edited the lots to add more things to do. So maybe that’s what I’ll do. Knowing me I’ll probably head to the gallery and see what’s up there that could work for me. I also like the idea of only having 1 residential space you can rent and making the rest commercial.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Yes but my Sims don't stay as long as they do in Selvadorada. I think my record in Selvadorada is close to 12 days in my main saved game.

I recently revamped GF and replaced all the cabins with cabins from the Gallery. One for the ultra rich, another for just the rich and the other for the middle classes. The campground is for those on a budget :lol: I also added a nice Spa community lot and I upgraded the campground and added both tents, pet things and toddler things as well. It hiked up the price a bit but worth it, IMHO. All the cabins got toddler and pets items added to them as well.

I still like GF and I find it perfect for a little honeymoon outing and for Sims that want to go away for the weekend. Its also a great place for my Sims that has the outdoor traits and who are working on gardening and the herbal thing. I was going to add a bar but decided that I wanted more variety of cabins to rent. It would be great if there were more lots in this world to give us a chance to add more community lots.

As much as I love Selvadorada I don't like to overuse it or take ALL my Sims there so having an alternate vacation spot like GF is for me a must. I am hoping for another vacation spot though, in the future.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes - with my Sims who have children as the Jungle vacations I just send couples and single there.

If we ever get beach vacations - then my Sims families will most likely have fewer camping vacations by far if they have a Beach to take their kids to. I doubt there will be much a change in my Jungle seekers but families would most definitely prefer the beach to camping.

I do send writers, painters, and fishermen/women a lot to the camp grounds cottages to engage in undisturbed writing and painting and fishing though - I don't expect that to change.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yeah I do. I've changed up the lots so that there's more for them do to there but I have lots of sims and especially young families that fit the "Camping in Granite Falls" mode more then sending them to SD or somewhere else mode. I like "growing up" the campsite my sims use while there depending on where they are in their lives or how many sims are going with them. At the end of the day you really only need one rental lot there for your own sims you'll get other sims wandering about regardless of if there are other rental properties or not.

That said I do hope we get more vacation spots to choose from eventually.

I might keep two rental lots -- one for a single Sim or a couple and one family size. I might convert the campground site since camping can be iffy with weather from Seasons because of unexpected rainstorms. Maybe add a spa, and a bar/bowling alley/arcade.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Yeah I do. I've changed up the lots so that there's more for them do to there but I have lots of sims and especially young families that fit the "Camping in Granite Falls" mode more then sending them to SD or somewhere else mode. I like "growing up" the campsite my sims use while there depending on where they are in their lives or how many sims are going with them. At the end of the day you really only need one rental lot there for your own sims you'll get other sims wandering about regardless of if there are other rental properties or not.

That said I do hope we get more vacation spots to choose from eventually.

I might keep two rental lots -- one for a single Sim or a couple and one family size. I might convert the campground site since camping can be iffy with weather from Seasons because of unexpected rainstorms. Maybe add a spa, and a bar/bowling alley/arcade.

Do Sims act funny when you tell them to sleep in a tent but it’s raining?