March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you finished a 10 generation Legacy? (or more)

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes!
    I think I got to 12 or so when Seasons came out. I started a completely new world and family for Seasons, and I believe my current Sim is 14th or 15th generation.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Yes!
    I'm on gen 5 of my second run of Not So Berry (trying out the alternate generations set by Sweetlysimss) and have completed 2 regular legacies, alongside smaller generational and non-generational challenges. However, each new challenge or legacy I start uses the children from the most recent generation as founders, so in one sense I'm countless generations in from my original sim family lol. I never make sims to play, I breed them :D I create sims occasionally, but they tend to go into the world as townies or stay in my library.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    I really want to do this. My first attempt was in sims 3 and the game glitched out. So now I'm attempting in sims 4.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Got about half way
    I've only done them on TS2 and TS3 but I tend to get to about the 6th/7th generation and have loads of money and nothing to spend it on, and realise I'm just going through the motions. Maybe I should try on TS4
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Got about half way
    I've tried a few times but I never manage to finish! I play for a few generations... then one day I feel like doing something different, I start a new game and forget about my legacy family :s
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes!
    yes many times. First time was in sims 2
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    Got bored
    I've only made it to the second generation and got bored. By that time, I had made enough money from painting or whatever that I could afford to buy anything. However, my founder always has a butt load of kids and by the time they get to teens, I get overwhelmed trying to figure out which one I want to focus on. I know I need to focus on the heir, but I just love their little siblings so much and want to see them grow too!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, and I'm still going with that family since August of 2017. Been past Gen 10 for a little while now.
  • Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    Couldn't let my founder die and stopped
    @invisiblgirl That's amazing! Did you keep score?

@simwolf So many legacies! So it's basically one continuous legacy? That's crazy! lol

@seaprincesshipst Yeah I had a lot of problems with the sims 3. By the time the 3rd gen was born the game was glitching pretty badly. Good luck!

@LindsaySeddon1 If my sims have too much money I think I will find a way to write it into my story that they lose it somehow. Or lose a lot of it lol.

@EA_Mai I am this exactly! I want to play it out differently or play a family a different way and just leave the legacy behind lol

@Frn0731 Well done!

@xPIXLx I always want to see the children succeed and I want to play all of them and make their lives great. But then I get overwhelmed as well. It's a bit crazy in my legacy at the moment with only 3 kids lol

@DoodlyDoofus That's great! Playing it for so long, how do you not get bored?

• March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Yes!
    I have only finished one so far. I have started many without finishing. The one I actually finished I quit for a few months and went back to it I wrote notes so I would be able to go back. I named all my heirs and spares after Game of Thrones characters. My current legacy I am trying to name heirs and spares after Pretty Little Liars characters (tv series based on a book). I used one of the PLL characters (Spencer Hastings) as my founder.That GOT legacy my founder was the sim version of Emilia Clarke (plays Dany).

These are the generation 10 twins of my GOT legacy.

zODAbxn.png

55j5OPV.png

They had Vlad's genes.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    Got about half way
    I came to the fourth generation of a family (base game only) in sims 4. Then I lost interest and like many others started a new game for every new expansion and/or game pack. I think I have like fifty saves right now. Really need to clean out some space... :smiley:
    Hejix wrote: »
    Once, in sims 2. Every generation got a new expansion to keep things interesting.

This was a very good idea. I might try it.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited March 2019
    Haven't finished yet
    I am a slow player as I am now in my third generation and started like 3 years ago :D I play long life and very much into the details, pause all the time to get things right, so yeah.. it takes some time but I am loving it.
    I actually already have a toddler for the fourth generation, so I should say I got this far. I never came this far before btw. Usually after the second generation turns into YA, I got bored.
  • Goofhead2Goofhead2 Posts: 69 Member
    Yes!
    Yes! I am currently on generation 17 or 18 depending on if I count the founder or not. I actually quite enjoy my little family I have created.
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I'm really close!! My 9th generation has been born now
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    No!
    I've actually never been able to get passed the founding generation before getting bored and moving on to a new family.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Got bored
    I get too attached to my founder sim and then I get too bored to play. I don't think I've ever played long enough for a founder to die of old age.
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I get too attached to my founder sim and then I get too bored to play. I don't think I've ever played long enough for a founder to die of old age.

I'm getting close to my founder becoming a elder... fingers crossed I can get past this point lol
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited March 2019
    No!
    I get bored quick. The furthest I have gotten was 4 generations, then l started a new game lol
    @Brexoxo at least you made it that far lol
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Would never try one because I know I won't finish
    The furthest I’ve gotten in one save is generation 3.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Yes!
    Its been a few years since my legacy was complete. I had fun with their names. The last name was Storm. I named the children fun things like, David Thunder Storm, Abigail Snow Storm, Tobias Hail Storm, etc. It was hard to see some of my favorites grow old and die, but I'd come to fall in love with their children as well so it was okay to see the lineage/legacy continue. It was hard but very rewarding at the same time.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    No!
    I've never done a legacy, but I've been playing the same main family since September 2015. --- (I have other "sometimes" files.)
    My game crashed in July 2016, and I lost all my characters, including neighbors and extended family and all my builds in all the worlds I had at the time (5 or 6 including base game. Now, I have all the worlds and packs.

So, I started from scratch and rebuilt the last 4 generations of the family, extended family and any neighbors whom were important to my main family. My main family has most of the skills in game, and aging has been off since I restarted the file.

However, before aging was off, I had about 30 generations of my main family, so, it was kind of like a legacy without all the rules of a legacy challenge.
    4kkjdXo.png

• a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited March 2019
    No!
    I have tried sooooo many times and idk why I just can’t get through it! Something comes up or something happens where I feel like I need to start over. One of these days I’ll do it!! :D
    Post edited by a_niles06 on
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Got bored
    I can't do challenges that last longer than one sim lifetime, toddler to death. Got to about the third child on a 100 baby challenge though!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Got bored
    I've never made it past the third generation as kids, and I was really, really trying that time. The gameplay just seems to be so much of the same thing, no matter what traits/careers you choose. I miss the chaos and surprise of previous iterations.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports