Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with marriage quest

earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
I have this knight that has to marry a random woman and I did the quest up until I was able to make the second hero give him the Feast ale brew. The problem is, I am unable to also give the brew to the bride. She's right there in the room, but doesn't appear in the list when I have to select her. I could do this with the regular Ale a day before.

How do I fix this?
NK4koaX.png

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have never run into that, and I honestly don't know what to suggest. Can you serve her with your other active hero (even if that's not the instruction)?

Who is the random woman? I wonder if she's un-servable because the game thinks it's time for her to "go home" to the rabbit-hole village (where many Medieval NPC Sims disappear to, overnight).
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited March 2019
    Did they woohoo in the meantime?
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
    Yeah, turned out the bride was pregnant, since I've been a dumb 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and made them woohoo after marriage.
    NK4koaX.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That's the problem with quest games, if you go ahead and do things before you are told to, then it messes up the things you will have to do later. It doesn't leave much room to play sandbox (like go ahead and woohoo and get pregnant) when there will be something else the hero has to do to finish the quest. Like one time I had my king go ahead and get married, but I had to do a lot of work to get a church, get him divorced, so he could marry that elf queen. It's best not to do anything like that and just work on quests in this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I got my (female) Knight pregnant by the swordsman she was instructing for Gilded Guilds quest - which meant 3 days when she couldn't undertake any kind of combat task. I can't recall if she lucked out on daily responsibilities, or if I cheated and clicked through them. I do know it slowed down that quest considerably.

Glad you sorted the issue, though, and figured out the cause!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
    @earthgirl You have to buy the feast ale recipe book in the village shops.
    ETA,: This will unlock the recipe, you will then need to make sure and have the ingredients on hand, barley, wheat, & honey, or purchase them too. I can't remember the exact quantities of each though. Then you can brew the ale and serve it to the bride and groom.

I was in the verge of rage quitting when I finally found the answer to this question by googling the other day. :D
    While it is true you need the recipe and ingredients for Feast Ale, that was not the OP's problem - it was that the bride was not able to be served because, as it turned out, she was pregnant from pre-marital woohoo, and pregnant sims can't drink ale or wine! :D All solved, now.