Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you finished a 10 generation Legacy? (or more)

Comments

• blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    I just started the Not so berry challenge a little bit ago and am only on gen 3 at the moment.
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    I started a legacy about two years ago and I play on and off over time. I'm currently on gen 6 and gen 7 are toddlers. I have started with pinstar's legacy challenge but over time I added my own rules to my liking. I have a couple different saves going on, so I play on whoever I feel like that day. But I also take long breaks in between game play.
  • Crimson_CountessCrimson_Countess Posts: 17 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    As much as I love legacies, I just can't bring myself to let my sims die.
  • Stardust123Stardust123 Posts: 127 Member
    Couldn't let my founder die and stopped
    All of you have some great ideas! I've restarted my legacy 3 times in the last 3 weeks lol. I'm terrible :D but I am going to keep trying! People who have got over 10 generations, that's crazy! and those of you who finished good on you! Those who are still going, just keep going, you're doing great and those people who keep restarting just like me, we will get there one day lol
  • CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Got bored
    I've tried a couple times in the past but always got too bored of them. I'm currently enjoying my current household right now and am almost at the part where they'll try for a generation 3 baby, so maybe I'll actually get there? I usually stopped near the beginning of generation 3.
    ZnG1wMG.png
    Cogshell wrote: »
    I've tried a couple times in the past but always got too bored of them. I'm currently enjoying my current household right now and am almost at the part where they'll try for a generation 3 baby, so maybe I'll actually get there? I usually stopped near the beginning of generation 3.

That's the point I get to with a story and then I think I can do it better/write it better and start again. It's so frustrating and I do this with other games too lol
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    For the last 5 years, I've played on long lifespan, only allowing aging for the current household. While rotating through 10+ families. It takes an incredibly long time to progress through generations that way. However, I recently enabled aging for everyone (including non-played,) to spice things up. I'll see how it goes.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    @OP, couldn't you continue the legacy while keeping the founder alive? Feed him ambrosia, give him the potion, wish for life at the wishing well, make him a vampire, etc. I don't know if there are rules against this in legacy challenges, as I've never tried them.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    @OP, couldn't you continue the legacy while keeping the founder alive? Feed him ambrosia, give him the potion, wish for life at the wishing well, make him a vampire, etc. I don't know if there are rules against this in legacy challenges, as I've never tried them.

I don't really follow the rules but I guess that could be done, maybe make them a vampire and they disappear and come back later maybe? hmmm ideas!!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I'm on Generation 4 (children) of Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, with a total of 73 points so far.

I have reached house 11, so far, of the drifter challenge, which is a legacy of sorts, you just start over with each new heir in a new house with zero funds and new goals. But, my house 11 heir can trace his lineage all the way back to house 01 founder, Anna Schmitt.

I think that drifter challenge would suit me much better than what I consider traditional legacy challenge (probably the same as Pinstar's?). Might delete my current legacy attempt and start drifter at some point.

@musteni Drifter is a lot of fun, and with you starting fresh, at zero funds, with new goals each generation, I feel (or me, anyways) it has a lot of play-ability. I've reached generation 11 (house 11) twice, but I've played the drifter challenge many, many times since Vi has created it. And she just recently retweaked the rules, so you sims can do more things now. :)

Here's a link to the rules, in case you don't have that. :)

I'm actually on house #4 of Drifter and it IS a ton of fun. The three houses I've built so far have been the only ones I've ever been proud of (not that they're anything complicated, but I'm not much of a builder). I need to get back to my gen 4 heir, I left him stranded on a snow-covered lot. :D

One of my Sim Bucket Lists is to complete the entire Drifter Challenge Houses with one family. I'm on House 11, so almost halfway there (I believe there is 23 or 26 houses).

House 04? Ah, that's a fun house! Just wait, some of the later houses, too are a ton of fun. One of my favorites is house 07, so far. LOL, You're poor heir. Hopefully he has a tent or something to get him out of the weather :D Happy Drifting! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    No!
    Currently on Generation 3. Playing the same file since May of Last year. I always love to start one but always attached so never moved on. This time tried once again. However I find the "Normal" life span to be too short to spend my
    sim lives and especially seasons I was like

"Really a child can only experience winter once in his childhood or never at all?"

That is why I started playing at Long Lifespan and why I am still at Generation3.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2019
    I'm on generation 5, which is about to try for their first baby, so it will soon be generation 6.

Generation 4 was just a single guy who never got romantic but had some unfortunate encounters with aliens... twice.

I tend to play with aging on normal. Sometimes short if I'm getting impatient with teens or toddlers. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    edited March 2019
    Haven't finished yet
    My first ongoing family in ts4 lasted 7 generations, but I had no storyline or rules/regulations that made gameplay fun so it ended up teetering out. The save is long gone but I love looking at the family tree I made for it- grim is even in there somewhere. My second one ended at gen 7 too for the same reason. Now I'm doing a decades challenge with pretty strict rules (only on generation 2) so hopefully this one lasts :p
    @takenbysheep Good luck!

I may take a break from my current household and play a different save game just to switch things up, but I'm hoping I eventually get to gen 10.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @takenbysheep Good luck!

I may take a break from my current household and play a different save game just to switch things up, but I'm hoping I eventually get to gen 10.

I say the same thing and never return! I like the new family more than the old one most of the time lol
    @Stardust123 I abandoned them once before, but came back to them because they became my Strangerville family. So I figure their gen 6 will explore whatever the next GP or EP is. ^_^

But yeah, I do the same thing a lot, too.
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, I completed Pinstar's 10 Generation Legacy Challenge many years ago, using Sims 2. At the time you could upload stories, with pictures and captions, directly from the game to the Sims 2 website, so I uploaded my legacy chapters to document my legacy family.

I've never started another legacy, even though I've continued playing the game through Sims 3 and Sims 4; maybe I should have another go? :D
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2019
    Would never try one because I know I won't finish
    I get sidetracked into building new houses for new generations and then get into building mode and forget all about going on.

I tend to like creating large families of eight and separating them all out with a tent and necessaries onto separate lots instead.
  • PlantPlumbobPlantPlumbob Posts: 7 New Member
    No!
    I had a save file where I attempted my first ever legacy challenge after seeing an achievement for making it to 100. My Sim met a townie and moved in together, got married and had 3 kids. As they aged up I focused on the eldest and found him a wife, got him married, moved them in together and had a few kids. Things got out of hand at that point as I was playing all members of the family on rotation and decided to call it quits. That save was the first time I'd made it out of generation 1, so I was pretty proud. I also learnt to only have 1 kid in a legacy otherwise things can get pretty messy...

Now, I'm sticking with my off-the-grid save with a brother/sister duo and eventually I'll create a townie with a backstory and begin a family with one of them. I plan to create a legacy and stick to one save file, but perhaps a few different families.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited March 2019
    No!
    I was doing the not so berry challenge last year but then my computer died and along with it went my entire save file. I was on the grey generation. After I tried a regular legacy style but got bored on gen 1.

For sure I will pick up the NSB challenge again in the future. It was a lot of fun.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Haven't finished yet but writing a story about it (Link story if you want)
    I have such a short attention span it’s quite sad. But I created a new sim on March 8th and it’s been a week now so that’s a pretty long time for me staying on one sim. She is now pregnant with her second child however, so maybe I’ll end up paying more attention to them and not getting bored.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Got about half way
    I always seem to stop playing a save after about 6 generations...
    I have such a short attention span it’s quite sad. But I created a new sim on March 8th and it’s been a week now so that’s a pretty long time for me staying on one sim. She is now pregnant with her second child however, so maybe I’ll end up paying more attention to them and not getting bored.

You can do it! I have about the same attention span haha. But for some reason I'll get bored but reuse the same sim over and over again expecting a different result lol
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Got about half way
    I take a looong time playing my sims, aging them slowly. In sims 2 I got to gen 5. In sims 3, only gen 4. In sims4, I’m at gen 4.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, in that I've played a family (my test family) though to gen 15 or 16 before I grew bored of them. It wasn't an official legacy (playing by rules), just me enjoying the family for a long time.