Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you finished a 10 generation Legacy? (or more)

Comments

• PandemosPandemos Posts: 18 Member
    Got bored
    I have started so many legacy families and never made it past gen 2. I get bored so easly with them, it's a bit frustrating. I'm trying to add more challenges to it like random traits, aspirations and jobs for everyone. This helps a bit to keep me on it, cause I really want to stick with one family for multiple generations.
  • SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    I have played sims 4 since it was released, but I could never get further from 3rd generation and me ending that far was just once and then my save got corrupted. I can admit, that time my PC was old too. I have started a new save few days ago....I will see....I really want to get attached to my sims....
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Got bored
    Every time I start a new game I'm like ''this is the one I'm gonna play for 10 gens! I'm so motivated!'' and then I get bored maybe around the third or fourth gen. I am the queen of procrastination and instead of playing I focus on doing the oh-so-important things like making a family tree on Plum Tree App for every single family in all my worlds (literally what I spent yesterday doing because I have no life when I don't have school)
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    I’m close, like generation 8 I think. I’m holding off on finishing it as I think I want the household to explore StrangerVille, but I don’t have the pack yet. I’m working on other saves at the moment. Sims 3 I think I made it to generation 10? I didn’t keep track, but I know I kept a single family going for a LONG time.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes!
    Currently working on an Alphabetcy Challenge (26 generations) but I'm only at generation C's beginning on it. I'm terrible at picture taking so I just play them without making stories. It'd be boring without pictures I think :P
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited March 2019
    Got about half way
    I made it to gen 7 in Sims 3 before the save became too unwieldy and unplayable.

I also made it to gen 7 in Sims 4 once with a family I loved and the whole theme was that they basically lived in a complete craphole (scrubby lawn, ugly house, etc etc). At that time there wasn't much in the actual game in the way of grungy items so I used a lot of cc to make the place look like a junkyard even though they were sim-millionaires at that point. I would add another eyesore to the property every time they hit a milestone; I think the last one I did was to put a pile of used tires on the lawn. It was hilarious (well, to me, anyway) and I loved that family but managed to accidentally delete the save when changing computers.

Those are as far as I've gotten in actual legacy play; all my other attempts from Sims 2 to Sims 4 have fizzled around gen 3. In fact I have a scored legacy and a random legacy sitting idle with Gen 3 kids. But in my rotation the first gen 5 babies are starting to be born.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    musteni wrote: »
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I'm on Generation 4 (children) of Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, with a total of 73 points so far.

I have reached house 11, so far, of the drifter challenge, which is a legacy of sorts, you just start over with each new heir in a new house with zero funds and new goals. But, my house 11 heir can trace his lineage all the way back to house 01 founder, Anna Schmitt.

I think that drifter challenge would suit me much better than what I consider traditional legacy challenge (probably the same as Pinstar's?). Might delete my current legacy attempt and start drifter at some point.

@musteni Drifter is a lot of fun, and with you starting fresh, at zero funds, with new goals each generation, I feel (or me, anyways) it has a lot of play-ability. I've reached generation 11 (house 11) twice, but I've played the drifter challenge many, many times since Vi has created it. And she just recently retweaked the rules, so you sims can do more things now. :)

Here's a link to the rules, in case you don't have that. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Got about half way
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm on Generation 4 (children) of Pinstar's Legacy Challenge, with a total of 73 points so far.

I have reached house 11, so far, of the drifter challenge, which is a legacy of sorts, you just start over with each new heir in a new house with zero funds and new goals. But, my house 11 heir can trace his lineage all the way back to house 01 founder, Anna Schmitt.

I think that drifter challenge would suit me much better than what I consider traditional legacy challenge (probably the same as Pinstar's?). Might delete my current legacy attempt and start drifter at some point.

@musteni Drifter is a lot of fun, and with you starting fresh, at zero funds, with new goals each generation, I feel (or me, anyways) it has a lot of play-ability. I've reached generation 11 (house 11) twice, but I've played the drifter challenge many, many times since Vi has created it. And she just recently retweaked the rules, so you sims can do more things now. :)

Here's a link to the rules, in case you don't have that. :)

I'm actually on house #4 of Drifter and it IS a ton of fun. The three houses I've built so far have been the only ones I've ever been proud of (not that they're anything complicated, but I'm not much of a builder). I need to get back to my gen 4 heir, I left him stranded on a snow-covered lot. :D
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    Mine is on pause while I play the 100 baby challenge.
  • NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
    Haven't finished yet but writing a story about it (Link story if you want)

I'm on Generation/House 16 in The Drifter Challenge - not sure if that counts so I voted Haven't finished, but writing a story - You can find it here if anyone should be interested: Manners Please
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    No!
    LOL no! I've never gotten a family past gen 3, legacy challenge or otherwise.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    No!
    It doesn't really end, The last generation was always the focused story. everyone else, they were made to set the stage.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    My legacy founder is dead but his widow (Cassandra Goth) is a vampire, so I look forward to introducing her to her 10th great grandchild someday.
  • Depper12Depper12 Posts: 25 Member
    Yes!
    i have don it a couple of times lol
  • AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    No!
    Maybe some time in the future, but at the moment there's way too much to do with my first generation!
    8IomapKl.png
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited May 2019
    Haven't finished yet
    I’m still on generation 7. Getting there, though!

Update: Still on Generation 7. Long lifespan doesn’t help here but normal feels too short so I’m staying on long.
    Post edited by AriaMad2 on
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    Haven't finished yet but writing a story about it (Link story if you want)
    I am just beginning my newest in the middle of Gen 2. I am certainly heartbroken right now over the death of my founding sim. I think a lot has to do with writing a story for it. I love to read other stories too, I am always amazed with the SimLit I find. Here is my thread
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Got about half way
    Initially I always wanted large generations but trees ended up getting broken where ancestors are deleted and replaced with mystery profile.
    I had played the not so berry challenge up to gen 10 (blue was a teen), but my game was getting frozen a lot and I started a ts2 save file project so eventually I'll place Blue gen and finish her goals.
    caitytrina.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited March 2019
    Got bored
    I find it is more fun to play rotationally in my main game as I have all types of families. I play on long life, but have had aging turned off since the beginning. I just don’t want any of my sims to miss out on anything.... lol. It takes so much time to make and download lots for another game, and since I find it hard to take a house and build onto it, and am not a sophisticated builder, I think I would use a different rule in being able to download others homes and being able to move around to different towns if I try to start another legacy. Also, since I don’t use CC or mods, I have to go in and add children to other families for a legacy, I find building up another world a hassle.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes!
    Yes - did the Not So Berry Legacy Challenge for 10 generations. The only one that ever held my interest enough to be able to do it!
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    Haven't finished yet
    I've started one! I'm not playing by the legacy rules, though. I've made up a storyline for them and don't want to be tied down by the rules of a real legacy challenge. Im also playing on LONG lifespan PLUS some added customizations to the lifespans to make them even slightly longer. (Thanks MCCC!) As a result, it's slow going. But I'm trying for 10 generations. Not sure if people would consider me on gen 1 or 2...but...
    I started with a couple in the adult life stage with a teenage son. The teenage son is now married with two toddler daughters. The older daughter will be the next heir. I consider the teenage son to be generation one...not his parents. I just wanted to start the storyline with him as a teenager still. So, even though I have grown to love his parents, I consider his daughters to be generation two only. It's been so fun so far. I love playing with giant households. Right now, with mods, I have 10 Sims in the household.
    Post edited by MaiaPlaysSims on
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Yes!
    My very first save in the game is still around and well past 10 generations. I didn't really follow traditional legacy rules though. I have been writing out their story for anyone bored enough to read it. :D
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Haven't finished yet
    I haven't finished mine- yet- still on the first generation. Their eldest daughter is only a teen, but I'm excited to see what direction her life goes in since i've just gotten Get Famous :smiley:
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Yes!
    I am really trying my hardest to finish a legacy but it seems that no matter what I do I get to the point where my founder is elderly and I don't want them to die haha. I also probably never finish one because I always try to write a story about it. Have you ever finished one?

Furthest I got was 15 generations. Was conducting my own experiment.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes!
    Finished 10 generations ... alphabet legacy and last year, I made it to 100 generations ... though I thought the legacy was messed up because the game glitched ... I was happy none the less.