Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once again the Nintendo Switch needs TS4!

So I know so far me & alot people want
Sims 4 on Switch..But plz someone in office answer our questions.
We had someone saying back in Mid 2017 no current plans.. Yet about 2 years no news...
If the switch can handle Warframe,ark survival💩,& city skylines.. Then it should be able to run on switch.
Quality on the switch by it self 30-35 fps..But once docked speeds rage 30-60 FPS just like any other console would?
I don’t understand why we can’t get answers? It’s 2019. The switch just turn 2 yesterday. Can the switch get a sims 4 game by the end of its second year...

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would love to have TS4 on switch. Sometimes I just want to play Sims without having to get out my laptop, and then I could play it wherever basically. The Sims games used to be on Nintendo systems (2 and 3 and spin-offs were on Wii and DS), and I really wish they'd come back.

I personally wouldn't even need a gallery, I just want to play.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • JaySnowyJaySnowy Posts: 102 Member
    Ikr...I’m hoping for some sign it’s coming!
    Imma post similar thing to Nintendo about Netflix... All I really want is Sims 4 & Netflix to,come to the switch
  • Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    JaySnowy wrote: »
    So I know so far me & alot people want
    Sims 4 on Switch..But plz someone in office answer our questions.
    We had someone saying back in Mid 2017 no current plans.. Yet about 2 years no news...
    If the switch can handle Warframe,ark survival💩,& city skylines.. Then it should be able to run on switch.
    Quality on the switch by it self 30-35 fps..But once docked speeds rage 30-60 FPS just like any other console would?
    I don’t understand why we can’t get answers? It’s 2019. The switch just turn 2 yesterday. Can the switch get a sims 4 game by the end of its second year...

ARK IS NOT EVEN GOOD TO PLAY ON SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!
    caps just for attention. i own ark on both systems, and the framerate as well as the details are FAR SUPERIOR on PS4. ark is absolutely unplayable on switch, unless you are okay with dealing with lag, poor framerate, and absolutely no details. it got so bad in the first few minutes of playing, your character skips steps and bounces backwards because of the lag. and it's because the switch CANNOT handle it. the sims is a far bigger game, it has more components. it's not feasible. they've stated it's not a possibility.
    edited March 2019
    also just so you're aware because ive been aware for months......

There currently are no plans to bring it to Switch at this time.

— Drake (@SimGuruDrake) July 26, 2017

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/29/the-sims-4-skipping-nintendo-switch/
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Im sure ive seen something about this on twitter. Something about the switch not being powerful enough.
    @Paigec945 Are u ok u went haywire? U didn’t even get the understanding what I even said. First I know ark is a bad game that’s why I put this 💩 for crap. But I was giving a reason not to call a switch weak.First Ark survival badly works on ever console device. it works ok on pc but they even have problems with the game. So don’t even start with superiority but look trashy on Ps4 & switch. & if u clearly look at my comments u would see that I said we’ve not gotten any news for 2 years!(Read before u comment none sense).
    @Paigec945 Switch can handle Sims 4 once it’s docked..Dock gives the switch superpowers reaching speeds up to 60 FPS. The switch it self has 1TB of storage. Graphics on the switch when it’s docked can run in 4K at times if u buy something for it. Stop bringing a switch down. Nothing superior of any consoles their all unique in their own way..Nintendo Switch has sales has been very good; this is good business for EA & Maxis to take advantage of..2k19 or 2k18 sports are just not cutting it for me...
    edited March 2019
    Here’s proof of the ps4 not handling ark survival. U see ark sucks.. Link:https://reddit.app.link/BWGyUSCYOU
  • A1waysAJA1waysAJ Posts: 81 Member
    I would love to see Sims come to the Switch. However, I do not want an exact port like on Xbox or PS4. I already have it on PC so an exact port wouldn't do anything for me. Something would need to change, direct-control, different worlds, and characters, etc. Like I want a reason to get another version of the game.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Ok not to bring down you're love for the switch but the ps4 and xbox both have separate GPU and CPU. The switch has it incorperated in one chip. With 4 gb of ram memory to 8 gb to the xbox. Both ps 4 and xbox have a reason to be as large as they are. While the switch is very sleek and compact. All the internals of the ps 4 and xbox are to get the most out of a console. While the switch is a hybrid between a console and portable game device. And even the ps 4 and xbox struggle at some point with the sims.
    The switch is a very cool device and has a lot of cool stuff and games but realistic, it just misses the power. Because 1 chip has to do and graphics and calculations all at once.

For the switch, when it is mobile they have turned everything down otherwise the battery would not live long. The docking station has its own power supply. There of can use max. But even then of would not compare. Read https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/console-gpu-power-compared-ranking-systems-by-flop/2900-1334/15/ to see the different.

Also note that the switch has something no other console has. You can game mobile on it.

So please no more "docking superpowers". I wish you the best but keep of a bit real please. No Harm intended.
    edited March 2019
    @Needrar My answer is still don’t agree so I don’t know why your trying to change my mine.
    edited March 2019
    Im not trying to change you're mind. Im stating that a switch has not enough computing power compared to a xbox one and/or a ps4. You claim that a switch gets superpowers when docked. I say that it is no superpower. Read the info in the links. They are fact. No strange things in it.

To be correct. Im not against sims 4 on switch. It just has not the computing power to run it. So in order to have the sims 4 on the switch maxis has to heavly modify the game. Don't think maxis or EA want to put money in that.

In terms of diskspace: (this is from xbox one disk space)
    Base game : 13,3 gb
    Get to work : 1,6 gb
    Get together: 1,6 gb
    Cat's and dogs: 1,9 gb
    Seasons: 1,3 gb
    City living: 2,5 gb
    Get famous: 2,5 gb
    The rest is smaller then 1 gb.

Total gb is 30 gb for everything that is there for the sims 4 on xbox.

Still wish you good luck and hope you get it some day on the switch.
    @Needrar you're not wrong. i didn't wanna be that person to come out with all the facts because i can be very pushy and assertive. im glad i didn't have to. well said!
    edited March 2019
    @JaySnowy noone wants to change your opinion of the Switch. I infact love my Switch. but compared to PS4 and Xbox it under performs. it cannot pull the same weight, it's not that we are trying to sway you. clearly we've played these devices and formed our own opinions based on experiences with the Switch. We know FIRST HAND it cannot perform. even skyrim plays like garbage on it. i mean really.... is it a smart investment to put time and money into a game for a system that you know for a fact USERS ARE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT, due to gameplay inability. frame rate absolutely bonks on the Switch. you cannot say that putting it in the charging dock does anything other than enhance the screen when connected to a smart tv. we have the opinions we do, because our game play is not up to par. we really don't need the sims team working on another console, when they cant keep up with what theyve got going rn.
  • FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2019
    Paigec945 wrote: »
    we really don't need the sims team working on another console, when they cant keep up with what theyve got going rn.
    I’ll give the console team credit. They have basically caught up to PC. 25 packs and the base game in 15 months.

On a side note. I have seen some comments here (and other forums) suggesting that console takes time away from PC. They are two different teams.

Thnx Paigec945 for the support and confidents. 👍
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Like I said to you on your previous post, frame rate and screen resolution means nothing in terms of power. Even if it was, Nintendo designed the switch and its games to work docked or not. If the game will only run well docked, why on earth would they sell it? That would betray the purpose of the switch. I bought it to play portable. If i want to play it docked, thats fine, but most of the games I have/want are on PS4 as well, like Crash and Spyro. Why would I play them at a lower quality image (even when docked!), when I can play them at 30FPS and a gorgeous image resolution with full fur for crash (on switch he is MUCH smoother, and less furry) and why would I play spyro with less of the visual splendour at home? I'd happily play less quality versions out and about, but at home, where i have a dock? nah mate.

Again, the Sims 4 is too much to run on the switch. Even docked, I sincerely doubt it has enough power to run base game, let alone DLC added.. And besides, SimGuruGrant has said it won't work. If the gurus have said no, due to power, why would you not believe them?

You'd be better off asking for a spin-off, something like MySims or mobile. I know you hate it, but you can't change it,you cannot make the switch more powerful than it is, which it just isn't. Especially if you want all the DLC, you just won't get this. the DLC on PC slows the game down some, remember how the sims 3 ran after even 2-3 expansions? I CANNOT run even the base game on my computer, and as the Sims 4 gets more content, it is starting to slow down my PC too. And with a PC, at least you can switch out parts, or build something more powerful. If you take parts out of a switch, you've likely broken it. Not every console has to have every game.
    @Feliz you know that some of the pc team members have moved to console, right? they switch members all the time, between platforms. everyone is in the loop on both teams, regarding both systems. it is one big team, split up between areas. they're not always in the same spot working on the same platform. im surprised you didn't know that.
    edited March 2019
    @Feliz you know that some of the pc team members have moved to console, right? they switch members all the time, between platforms. everyone is in the loop on both teams, regarding both systems. it is one big team, split up between areas. they're not always in the same spot working on the same platform. im surprised you didn't know that.

And yes, this still constitutes as ‘different’ teams. I didn’t claim they were independently of each other.

Post edited by Feliz on
    edited March 2019
    @Feliz you did imply individual teams, and with that being stated im not really sure why you can state previously that they're two different teams. different would indicate that they are on seperate projects, when infact that is not the case here with the team members. they switch sides, and platforms to where is needed most. technically it's not 2 different teams at all, but one team who are tasked with different missions. just 3 months ago, there was a shortage of members over on console. so they moved people from pc to console to help fill the gap. there isn't one specific team for console and one specific team for pc. thats why im confused.

ANYWHOOOO, this is off topic and if you'd like to continue i urge you to open a new thread with this as the discussion. Back to Switch!
    edited March 2019
    @Feliz you did imply individual teams, and with that being stated im not really sure why you can state previously that they're two different teams. different would indicate that they are on seperate projects, when infact that is not the case here with the team members. they switch sides, and platforms to where is needed most. technically it's not 2 different teams at all, but one team who are tasked with different missions. just 3 months ago, there was a shortage of members over on console. so they moved people from pc to console to help fill the gap. there isn't one specific team for console and one specific team for pc. thats why im confused.

ANYWHOOOO, this is off topic and if you'd like to continue i urge you to open a new thread with this as the discussion. Back to Switch!

Your objection to what I wrote seems to be purely semantics.

Unless a moderator wishes to move or delete my post I think it is on topic. A few People were suggesting that if they were to port to the Switch it would take resources away from PC.

From what I understand there is always a team that is working on PC and the port to console simultaneously. Your comment even states this. Now, how often they move around or share resources (besides what is mentioned on their social media pages). That being said, if someone posts compelling evidence or if someone who actually works on the game shows otherwise, I’m happy to say I was wrong.
    Post edited by Feliz on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks let's leave out the discussion of stuff getting moved or deleted, that's discussing moderation and as you should know that's against the rules. Keep the thread on topic, IE discussing the possibility of Sims 4 on Switch.
    I must state that there are rumours of xbox live content coming to switch. I know its a rumour. And thing is that xbox just released the plans to bring xbox live/applications to Android and iOS. The games would then be streamed via xcloud in 2020. There in came the subject of the colaberation between Nintendo en Microsoft. So maybe in 2020 it is possible to gamestream the sims 4 on switch.