Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annoying Bug in Which Existing CC Appears as (Corrupted) Swatches to Newer CC

alostteenalostteen Posts: 56 Member
Last year, I posted on this forum about two specific CCs that were causing trouble for me by being swatches on another item. However, it has gotten worse: I currently have some CC chokers by Enrique (or Heavendy-cc) that had an existing pair of chokers appear as swatch on them. The existing chokers were also corrupted in the swatches. I can provide proof if you want, but please do consider helping me out. Do I need to Batch Fix with Sims 4 Studio? I dunno, just lost.

P.S: I am someone with not much CC knowledge, besides meshes and recolors (not that I know how to do them lolz)

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    What are the names of the specific CC you are having trouble with? Can you provide a link to the webpage they are on so I don't have to search both Enrique's and Heavendy-cc's pages?
  • alostteenalostteen Posts: 56 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    What are the names of the specific CC you are having trouble with? Can you provide a link to the webpage they are on so I don't have to search both Enrique's and Heavendy-cc's pages?

Hi, thank you for the offer. I will start up the game once I am free and fetch the links to them. :smile:
    Great!
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Great!

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, but I finally made the time to hunt down the culprit CC and the victim CC.

Victim: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-accessories-female-necklaces/title/volindur-choker/id/1400422/

Culprit: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-accessories/title/lace-gold-choker--heavendy-cc/id/1413510/

I hope you can help me out. These are not the only CCs conflicting, and it is getting annoying to me when I can not even find a reasonable explanation... And I would not sweat it that much if they just appeared as swatches -- but they appear as corrupted swatches :neutral:

I mean, this is what the victim CC appears as when I select it from the culprit CC's swatches...: http://prntscr.com/mxbx0x
  • cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2019
    Looking at the packages, I find they not only use the same item ID (Prototype ID in Sims 4 Studio) but some of the CASPs and textures and all the meshes have the same identifiers.

CASP resources define each swatch. The item ID in the CASP identifies one item that shows up in CAS so all CASPs with the same ID are grouped together as swatches. This is why the culprit and victim are appearing as swatches under the same item.

The CASPs, textures, and meshes, like every resource used by the game, have unique identifiers in the form of a TGI - the Type of resource, a Group number, and an individual Instance number. The game can only load one resource with a given TGI - duplicates will replace anything previously loaded. In this case since there are four pairs of two CASPs, one in each package, with the same TGI, only one of each pair will show up. Similarly, with several pairs of meshes and textures, one in each package, with the same TGIs, only one mesh or texture of the pair will show up. You wind up with a mess with the wrong mesh and/or texture being used for some or all swatches.

Clearly what happened is that one of these creators copied the other one's package and modified it by replacing meshes and textures and adding or removing swatches, and didn't realize by not changing the identifiers it would create a conflict.

I don't know of any way to fix it in Sims 4 Studio without going into the Warehouse and manually changing identifiers for the affected resources and making sure all the links from the CASP are still correct. You can do it in CAS Tools by using the option to select a Custom Content package and clone it as new Custom Content - it won't copy the thumbnails but it'll give you a new package with everything else renumbered.
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    cmarinetti wrote: »
    Looking at the packages, I find they not only use the same item ID (Prototype ID in Sims 4 Studio) but some of the CASPs and textures and all the meshes have the same identifiers.

CASP resources define each swatch. The item ID in the CASP identifies one item that shows up in CAS so all CASPs with the same ID are grouped together as swatches. This is why the culprit and victim are appearing as swatches under the same item.

The CASPs, textures, and meshes, like every resource used by the game, have unique identifiers in the form of a TGI - the Type of resource, a Group number, and an individual Instance number. The game can only load one resource with a given TGI - duplicates will replace anything previously loaded. In this case since there are four pairs of two CASPs, one in each package, with the same TGI, only one of each pair will show up. Similarly, with several pairs of meshes and textures, one in each package, with the same TGIs, only one mesh or texture of the pair will show up. You wind up with a mess with the wrong mesh and/or texture being used for some or all swatches.

Clearly what happened is that one of these creators copied the other one's package and modified it by replacing meshes and textures and adding or removing swatches, and didn't realize by not changing the identifiers it would create a conflict.

I don't know of any way to fix it in Sims 4 Studio without going into the Warehouse and manually changing identifiers for the affected resources and making sure all the links from the CASP are still correct. You can do it in CAS Tools by using the option to select a Custom Content package and clone it as new Custom Content - it won't copy the thumbnails but it'll give you a new package with everything else renumbered.

Wow! Thanks for the explanation, that was way over my head. I can vouch for PralineSims. He has been around since Sims 3.
    cmarinetti wrote: »

Oooof I am too dumb to comprehend all of that, but thx for the info. I will try to grasp what I can and mod them by making copies of them, or summ.