Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French Romance Event

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
How's everyone doing on the French Romance quest. I've decided to try and unlock all the prizes before making any purchases. That way in case I don't collect enough resources for all I can purchase the ones I actually like best. So far I've unlocked the mood lighting, wallpapers, doors, bedroom suite, bathroom suite, fine dining, chef's cuisine, living room, and French tapestry rugs.

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I have bought 8 prices and unlocked 3 more which I can't afford to buy yet. So only 3 prices are now still locked for me.
    edited February 2017
    Update: I now only miss 5 prices and only 1 of those prices is still locked. So with 5 days to go I still don't know if I will get them all. I think that I still need to be lucky with the resource spin for this to happen. But the other resources don't seem to be a problem anymore (with the candles for the resource spin being the only exception).
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • DitzygypsyDitzygypsy Posts: 2 New Member
    I have unlocked all the items and still have the three tool/items to go, but I haven't been able to purchase all the unlocked items yet. If I have unlocked them, and the event ends, can I buy them using SP in a few days and then will I still get the the chateau unlocked after I purchase them? If it won't be unlocked for the first free chateau, will I still be able to buy it after the event ends? I bought Laura and have been crafting like a nutjob constantly (on 2 hour skits and I have insomnia, so I have maximized everything I can possibly do), and I still will not have enough items crafted to buy them when it ends. Plus, I've used over 100 SP to boost and speed up the crafting. Unless there is a HUGE crafted item or SP payout in the last three unlockable items, there is no way that crafting can produce enough items to buy the furnishing award items with, so I hope I can at least buy what I have unlocked after I can no longer craft anymore. And I hope the chateau will unlock at that time. Please clarify how this is supposed to work. Thank you.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I think I'm going to be done with Freeplay after this event. It's just not fun anymore and you're just grinding to get those resources and always coming up short.
  • DitzygypsyDitzygypsy Posts: 2 New Member
    I think I'm going to be done with Freeplay after this event. It's just not fun anymore and you're just grinding to get those resources and always coming up short.

I know how you feel. I thought maybe it was just me and I was trying not to slack, but I guess not. I take breaks every now and then. Sometimes, they are not self-imposed, like when I couldn't get the app to connect with Facebook to back it up for about 6 months! I really only like the decorating and the babies, which I wish were more interactive like I've seen on the PC versions, which I can't figure out and I no longer have a PC anyhow. Like, I want to play with them and actually change that little diaper, lol. It is a cute game, but it is not cheap, and most especially, not free! :)
    I won't make it this time because I have been sick a couple of days and just slept most of the time (probably food poisoning). But I don't care that much because the prices weren't that important anyway :)
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    Very disappointed with this event. The spin plants are expensive compared to the qty of candles you make, and are very mean. Spins giving mostly 1, 2 or 3 coins at a time when you need hundreds for the prizes doesn't get you very far. So I tried the mega spin and these are even meaner for what they cost, would have been much cheaper to just pay 1sp each for the constructor coins. Spent loads of sp and lp trying to buy the last two prizes, but now have to give up after all my efforts ☹
    Also very fed up that the social point flower now costs 20lp and has much lower returns per spin than when it cost 5lp. I understand that they want us to buy stuff with real money, but making the spin flowers this expensive and mean only serves to make people cheesed off with the game.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I probably don't think it's possible to get all prizes see as most Spins only give you a few Coins (usually 1-3) per Spin which is problematic since I need 940 Coins for all prizes and I have 710, and getting a lot of candles is impossible due to requiring SP to instantly complete the action. I had the same problem with The Prince and the Pocket-Sized Princess since I couldn't get enough Coins to get all Prizes due to the Spins only giving me a few Coins. It doesn't help that the other Spin option requires 25 SPs (about $2.49 assuming 1 SP is 10 cents) made worse with Doctor, Doctor changing the Social Point Flower to require 20 LPs which is problematic for players who can't use Neighbors let alone finding Neighbors who have the appropriate object.

I would need 195 SPs which would require $20 for 410 SPs for all prizes.

It's considered near impossible to get all prizes without spending real money to get Social Points unless if you are lucky with the game's RNG. You have to do the Event twice to get all prizes which was worse for Romance Island as it didn't re-appear until a year while SimTown Health Spa re-appeared in the Halloween Update months after the Day Spa Update. I don't know when The Prince and the Pocket-Sized Princess will appear again since it's been 2 months after the Event.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    edited February 2017
    Well I managed to unlock all the prizes but in order to purchase the rugs and fountain and unlock the chateau I'd have to spend $50 to get enough social points. Ain't gonna happen.

ETA: I also think it's disturbing that they allow you 3 days to try and change your mind about purchasing the necessary points.
    I don't like the change where they made it free to reset the age of a sim but made other things like the social point flower more expensive instead because I usually only use LPs to keep my sims young. Now I would usually just let all my sims return to their hobbies to earn LPs again. But then I will likely soon have more than a thousand LPs but nothing to use them on. Therefore I am not really motivated to play anymore. But maybe the next event could change that?
  • YvonneMcDermidYvonneMcDermid Posts: 51 Member
    I hope this event comes round again, I need 472 sp to buy the last prize, which would mean spending £38.59 on the 720sp pack, which is so ridiculously expensive that it isn't even remotely tempting.
    If it cost a couple of £s it would be tempting, but the prices on the store for sp and lp are crazy high. I can do a week's food shopping for less, so there's no way I would spend this amount on a lovelock fountain for my sims game!
    I try to do the best for my neighbours by keeping a load of stuff they need at one house and by getting everything that comes up in the tasks so my neighbours can use it, but it's difficult for me to find what I need in my neighbours' towns and can take hours of rooting round dozens of towns, and sometimes I still can't find what I am looking for.
    Thanks for your insights, It's good to know that it's not just me who found this event impossible without being an insomniac who plays 24-7 and always has time to collect all the bonuses.
  • agnesca828agnesca828 Posts: 1 New Member
    Actually in all events doesn't seems to give enough time frame as if they expecting us to pay for extra...
    edited February 2017
    agnesca828 wrote: »
    Actually in all events doesn't seems to give enough time frame as if they expecting us to pay for extra...
    This isn't really true. But it seems that they have made it harder recently. See https://thegirlwhogames.blog/2017/02/12/the-sims-freeplay-impossible-events-arent-fun

The problem now is if this change actually gives EA more paying customers or just instead makes more people quit playing the game completely?

I think that both effects are there:
    1. Fewer people playing the game will give fewer ingame purchases.
    2. The fewer people may a little more often buy something because they want all the prices. But for how long will they go on playing and paying before they quit the game too instead?
  • NataliaWalkerNataliaWalker Posts: 1 New Member
    Why my French Romance event progress was idle? I cannot craft others except the candle.
    Did you just start the event? You only have the candle making at the beginning, then the pottery, net the jewelry, and finally the glass.
  • IreneLindenIreneLinden Posts: 1 New Member
    I need 139 constructor coins a day I calculated. Impossible if I keep on spinning 1, 2 or 3 constructor coins... I will never finish this.
    Been playing all this time, I thought I was going to finish this easily. Stupid event.