Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like open neighbourhoods in the game?

So less loading screens the way in all the maps there's neighbourhoods I wish they would have it so we don't need to see a loading screen to go next door

Would you like open neighbourhoods in the game? 36 votes

Yes
72%
Mak199061mannannaLissyK93KNPenPaigec945AngelEb95luxsylvanHalloMolliHoney_Pie_360PlainevilSihuFEDEXsfan11JPNekoPeanutButterSims2002AmandèleUndeadFoxBluebirddevil5970TwicelikeyStevieJohn88Patrice 26 votes
No
27%
Mariefoxprice83friendlysimmersSimsayCDBearpal64HermitgirlEvie0602katrinasforestBrinteySpearsBNadineSimzHecate90 10 votes

Comments

• MiupplayMiupplay Posts: 24 Member
    Yes
    Well, I don't really care eather way. I think open world would make the game pretty much unplayable for many simmers whose computers just couldn't handle it. Of course it would be nice in theory.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    No
    no for the main reason that it would slow down the game and as a player I do not mind the loading screen
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Not an entire open world just open neighbourhoods they have already said an entire open world isn't possible but neighbourhoods can be.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I feel that it would not be necessary to have it all open, but it's annoying having long screens between different apartments.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Yes
    I would love open neighborhoods. Not so big on the need for a fully open workd but the ability to visit neighbors or a placed park/public lot in an already loaded neighborhood without loading screens would be great.
    ~ ~ ~
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No
    I just don't think it would run well. To much stuff to process. I wouldn't want to trade off anything we have now for that either.
    egTcBMc.png
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    Yes
    I loved the open world in the sims 3! It meant that I could play as the different members of my family more easily and it also encouraged me to play off of their home lot more frequently. I really miss those aspects when I'm playing ts4.
    Yes
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    I feel that it would not be necessary to have it all open, but it's annoying having long screens between different apartments.
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I just don't think it would run well. To much stuff to process. I wouldn't want to trade off anything we have now for that either.

I said only open neighbourhoods that's what I mean. Haha
    And also I didn't say about trading anything off for it the sim gurus have said it's possible open neighbourhoods wouldn't make the game run any less smoother for the fact if they were to do it that they would make sure of that as it would be different if the whole game was open that would be a different story :)
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yes
    open neighborhoods would be nice.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes
    Yes. Loading screens are a bore.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Yes
    Yes. Loading screens are not fun at all.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    No
    Okay, if loading screens could just magically disappear, sure, that would be awesome. But I don't think the game could be programmed that way without something else taking a hit.

That being said, the loading screens on my PS4 game are painfully long. :(
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    No
    I voted no because I think it would slow the game right down.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Yes
    Then, at least they should make it optional. Like being able to turn it on or off from the game settings.
    Yes
    JPNeko wrote: »
    Then, at least they should make it optional. Like being able to turn it on or off from the game settings.

Yes because people do have mixed emotions so the people who want it could have it and the people that like looking at loading for 90% of the game can haha they would programme it into the game so it wouldn't slow down etc
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Yes
    Hm, I would say yes. While the loading screens don't bother me most of the time. It does feel a bit..tedious to get a loading screen to just visit the restaurant or friends house that's right across the street. I do agree with the other person to at least make it an option. If your PC can handle it, then you can turn it on.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    For the Sims 4 I believe they've already nixed the possibility of it ever being added, so it's kind of a moot point.

As for a possible future Sims 5, I'd say YES! Bring it on!

It would work best if it was programed into the game from the start anyways imo.
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Yes
    Only some neighborhoods otherwise it would slow the game down too much - maybe when traveling you could have a choice, for example, Town A normal or Town A open. But I can't see it happening in Sims 4.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Yes
    I would like to see the worlds the same as they are now with 5 lots per area but instead of a loading screen between the lots in that area, the world is open and you can just go and cross the Street and see a neighbor
  • Mak199061Mak199061 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    Maybe open towns...not open world that way everyone is happy. Loads between different neighborhoods but once you’re in the neighborhood it’s open no loading between lots
  • BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    No
    No I like loading between lots . I think having them all accessible at once is stupid and unneeddd . It’s perfect the way it is and I hope it stays this way in sims 5