Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires Are Broken, Please Fix!

Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
I'm on PS4, as of version 1.13 several game breaking bugs have been affecting the vampire life state.

1. Earning Vampire XP (the purple bar on the Needs menu) after you've reached the highest Vampire Rank (Rank-not Aspirations, those are fine) is impossible as the XP bar stop moving after you gained 1 additional level past Grand Master.

2. Any changes made to vampire perks/weaknesses via the Draught of Reconfiguration do not register, the game still behaves as though you haven't changed anything. Furthermore, when using the Draught of Reconfiguration and attempting to pick perks that you have already picked AND have more than one level to them (eg- Fitful Sleep or Sun Resistance) will result in the player only being able to pick the first level of it even if they have the points for the next level.

3. Attempting to solve the issues above by curing your sim of vamprism (legitimately or through cheats) and then being turned back into a vampire does not work, you retain your rank and everything that comes with it when (correct me if I'm wrong) your rank is supposed to be reset o the very bottom, no points, powers or weaknesses.

I'll post this up on the bug report forum if I'm able (don't have a working computer, using my PS4 web browser) but I really hope this all gets sorted out sooner rather than later.

Edit- The bug report form does not work on the PS4 web browser.

Comments

• Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Tweet sim gurus and post on the ea form site and they should see it
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Tweet sim gurus and post on the ea form site and they should see it

I would if I could but don't have a Twitter account nor a working computer so hopefully someone who does can notify them if the bug reports already on the EA help forums hasn't caught their attention already.

I can tweet them for you
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's already on the bug reports site since November I believe, it's impossible for SimGuru to not noticed it though, if PC version doesn't received the official bug fix for it then neither do the consoles.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    Thanks for the information. The maxed out Vampires not earning more XP is a known issue on all platforms and is with the PC/Mac team. We'll take a look at the rest.
    That's what the sims guru said on Twitter
    I guess all we gotta do is wait then.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I discovered this bug last night. Did a bunch of googling and was dismayed to see it's been around for at least a year with no official fix. There is a fix for it over at modthesims if you look up vampire mods. I'm not downloading it *yet*, but I did tell the creator thank you. I'm going to hold out a little longer because I know official patches can bork mods and mess with the game if you forget you installed them before updating. (And I'm one of those people who can be looking for her cell whilst holding it.)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    I've had a couple of issues with vampires. The first was that I kept turning off 'move as a bat' for one sim but every time I reloaded her play it would have switched back on again. I cured her and another vampire and neither of them can eat normal food without being sick =/
  • Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    I'm having a problem with Vladislaus. He's a Master Vampire, and has powers and weaknesses, but doesn't have any vampire skill. I tried to complete his aspiration by having him learn about Vampire lore, etc. but he can't gain any power points no matter what, and he has zero right now. there are things I want to change but I can't without power points Also, he died from staying in the sun too long once, but his wife pleaded to the grim reaper and he let him live. After that, I kept him inside until late at night, but once I overshot and accidentally had him go outside while the sun was still setting and he of course got the negative uncomfortable moodlet due to "enhanced burning due to being thin skinned". My other vampires don't have the thin skinned downside so they don't burn quite as bad. I had Vlad fly inside and it's been a few days and he hasn't gone in the sun at all but the moodlet just will not go away! Does anyone else have this problem?
  • kellyjmkellyjm Posts: 10 New Member
    I have a maxed out vampire with influence emotions and as of the island living expansion patch, the power doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this? EA PLEASE FIX.
  • monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    kellyjm wrote: »
    I have a maxed out vampire with influence emotions and as of the island living expansion patch, the power doesn't work. Anyone else experiencing this? EA PLEASE FIX.

This is a known bug that happened with the June 18 patch. Influence Emotions and Dark Meditation do not work currently as a result of the patch. Someone here did post a mod that fixed it until an official patch comes out, but I'm unable to find the link to it right now. But it's a known issue I think everyone has in their game, even if they don't realize it.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    kellyjm wrote: »

We don't have that patch. This is the console section. We're many patches behind that.
    We won't be by the time we have this update it's a big one for console before the new pack comes out we will have a big update that will have us caught up I believe
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    1. Earning Vampire XP (the purple bar on the Needs menu) after you've reached the highest Vampire Rank (Rank-not Aspirations, those are fine) is impossible as the XP bar stop moving after you gained 1 additional level past Grand Master.

I am actually starting to like this bug, makes me think more about what powers I give which vampires...gives them all their own way to be played and nobody is overpowered.
    Could've done that before by just not spending all the XP, but if I got the XP I needs to spend it, I have no selfcontrol!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »

I am actually starting to like this bug, makes me think more about what powers I give which vampires...gives them all their own way to be played and nobody is overpowered.
    Could've done that before by just not spending all the XP, but if I got the XP I needs to spend it, I have no selfcontrol!

If the XP cap was intentional I'd be playing that way as well but since it is a bug I feel like it does more harm than good. Combine it with the Draught of Reconfiguration bug and experimenting with builds for vampires is more frustrating than fun, to the point that I've stopped playing as vampire sims entirely even though they are my favourite life state in the game.

We're two updates behind PC, island living is coming out on console in a couple of weeks and from the looks of things vampires are broken on PC again...

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @Dragonfire2lm
    Yeah, I get what you mean, the DoR bug is especially annoying to me right now.
    As far as I know, only the dark meditation and influence emotions are bugged on PC right now (but the other bugs seem to be fixed), so they fix one thing and break another, as usual...but it doesn't seem to me, like they are bugged to an unplayable point (which of course doesn't mean it's okay) or are there more issues?

they are my favorite livestate too, they are done so darn well this time and then those bugs come along, it's a shame.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat