Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did windows have some kind of update that is conflicting with Sims programs

Since October, I haven’t been able to use CAW, last month I realized I can’t use ANY of my other sim programs either, Bodyshop, Sims 4 studio..they will show up for a split second and not load!

I’m wondering if it’s that these programs are BETA (whatever you call it?) and maybe a windows update conflicted with them??

Whatever the case, I can’t use any of these tools anymore, and have no clue what to do..

Comments

• Tigger3336Tigger3336 Posts: 93 Member
    I'm no expert, but it does sound like you have a conflict going on. I would first remove my Mods folder and place it on my desktop, change the name of it to Mods_backup or something, that way you don't get it confused later. Start your game and test CAW. A new Mods folder should generate for you once you start the game. If CAW works, load your editing programs back, one at a time and test each. If you still have an issue with them not opening, download fresh copies of each program and install them as recommended by each program.

I hope you sort it out, and I am fairly certain they have nothing to do with Flash or Java, but I would also ensure I have the latest version of those too.
    My Gallery page: Tigger3336
    Please stop by & leave some love. <3
    Sims4Studio Creator Page: sims4studio.com/thread/16306/tigger3336-creations
    My website for FREE #CC : https://tinyurl.com/ycybbczx
    Share if you like, everyone is welcome.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Yes, there was a significant Windows 10 update in October, version 1809 to be precise. In the past few months, a number of players have reported issues with TS3 and Origin (and TS4) that appear to stem from their antivirus/firewall programs objecting to the way the games or Origin try to connect with EA servers. Windows Defender of course updated with the rest of the OS, but third-party tools will have released new versions as well, maybe more than one in the past few months.

You could test this by taking your computer offline temporarily—if you launch through Origin, put it into offline mode and then disconnect your computer from the internet. If necessary, you can set exceptions in your antivirus software for all Sims-related programs, or just continue to play offline. (This is what I do.)

It's also a good test to pull your entire game folder (TS3 or TS4) out of Documents and onto your desktop, thereby forcing the game to create a new one the next time you launch it. There are plenty of files that can become corrupt and prevent either game from running, although this issues does sound like it's caused by a system issue rather than game folder corruption.

Also keep in mind that if you updated TS3 from 1.67 to 1.69, you'll need to download the 1.69 version of CAW.