Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated Sims 4 but no Lunar New Year content?

As the title asks, has anyone else updated their game today but not gotten the Lunar New Year content? So sad, I'm making an Eastern Inspired home and wanted to include some of the new objects but to my disappointment it isn't in my game.
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    Try repairing your game.

Please not that the things will not have the "new tag" on them as they are BG.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thanks for that. I'll try the repair. I thought there was a new door and some doggie statues but I'm not finding them in build mode at all. Hopefully a repair will help.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll try the repair. I thought there was a new door and some doggie statues but I'm not finding them in build mode at all. Hopefully a repair will help.

They are pig statues. Look through decorations.

Lunar-New-Year.png

These are all the new items. There is a new wall decal as well in paintings.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    most of the items can be found with a build mode search for 'moon' and the patch page lists the names of all the build/buy items, which i'll repeat here:

Shadow of the Moon Table
    A six seat round dining table - perfect for family meals!
    Moon-Gazing Dining Chair
    Fiery Moon Gift Centerpiece
    Wealth of the Moon Envelopes
    Lucky Citrus Tree of the Moon
    Paper Lantern of the Wiseacre Moon
    Symbols of the Watery Moon (wall decal with 5 different appearances)
    Sycee of the Prosperous Moon
    Moon Panda Toy
    Year of the Pig Statuette (statue is the only one that doesn't show up with a search for 'moon')

the clothing items will be a bit harder to find, since they don't show as 'new' when you load the game. they're base game items, but since they're newer than most, they'll be listed closer to the top of each clothing category they're in, surrounded by clothing from whatever packs you've got
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    most of the items can be found with a build mode search for 'moon' and the patch page lists the names of all the build/buy items, which i'll repeat here:

Shadow of the Moon Table
    A six seat round dining table - perfect for family meals!
    Moon-Gazing Dining Chair
    Fiery Moon Gift Centerpiece
    Wealth of the Moon Envelopes
    Lucky Citrus Tree of the Moon
    Paper Lantern of the Wiseacre Moon
    Symbols of the Watery Moon (wall decal with 5 different appearances)
    Sycee of the Prosperous Moon
    Moon Panda Toy
    Year of the Pig Statuette (statue is the only one that doesn't show up with a search for 'moon')

the clothing items will be a bit harder to find, since they don't show as 'new' when you load the game. they're base game items, but since they're newer than most, they'll be listed closer to the top of each clothing category they're in, surrounded by clothing from whatever packs you've got

my friend here already covered how to search for them, but I also want to add that it also helps a lot to also filter by only Base Game content in both Build mode and CAS to find the new items easier.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I have some things not showing up like the necklace for male child isn't showing up.. suppose to be unisex .. also I haven't found a few other items..
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have some things not showing up like the necklace for male child isn't showing up.. suppose to be unisex .. also I haven't found a few other items..

Try removing any gender filters on the children, it should appear then.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    @paradiseplanet you are right it did show up by unselecting the gender thanks
    Has anyone found the house in the live stream?
    about the house used in the livestream: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955173/zhao-family-lot-feb-maxis-monthly

for others having issues finding any of the clothing items from the update (with pictures): https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16944314#Comment_16944314
    kalaksed wrote: »
    about the house used in the livestream: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955173/zhao-family-lot-feb-maxis-monthly

for others having issues finding any of the clothing items from the update (with pictures): https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16944314#Comment_16944314

Thank you!
    I forgot to post back. I got it, turns out it was an outdated mod. Uninstalled it and did a game repair and everything popped in. Thanks for all the help!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »

They are pig statues. Look through decorations.

Lunar-New-Year.png

These are all the new items. There is a new wall decal as well in paintings.

Ooh. They are pigs hehe. Doesn't look anything like a dog :D Thanks!
    yup! this year's the year of the pig (or boar, if you prefer). and while i love having the pig statue to use, i'd also love to have the other 11 chinese zodiac animals to use as statues (esp the dog and dragon) for decor for various asian builds. as is, the pigs fit that role fine but aren't typically the most used
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    It would be nice if the items got a 'new' tag on them, like when installing a new pack.
    I wonder why the child necklace is mentioned as unisex in the patch notes because you need to switch of the gender filter to use it on boys. But tat least that's possible.

I'm really happy with the new table, I like the 6-persons tables from Laundry day and JA but needed one to fit more modern looking houses.
    And the toddler hair is just so cute, very close to the haircut of my child had as a toddler.
  • babycatbabycat Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anyone know where A traditional place setting for a family feast is located? Found all the other items under Base game-moon and the pig statuette under pig. Thanks
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    I downloaded and installed the patch but the items did not appear in my game. I then used the 'repair' option and that worked.
    All items are in my game and I am enjoying them. I am sad that there wasn't an in-game event to go with these, but it is what it is.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited February 2019
    As this turned out being a technical issue (removing mods + repairing the game needed to fix it), I'm closing this discussion.

If anyone is still experiencing something similar, and this thread or this other one don't help, please, remember bug reports or technical issues belong to Answers HQ, so I'm closing this discussion. For more information, please, check this message.

Discussion around the new content itself is happening here.
    Post edited by EA_Mai on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top