Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOLVED - Sims getting cold and rained on inside but only on lower floor of house

huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
This is frustrating the heck out of me! So I've moved a family into the Oak Grove Bungalow - the one that came with the game. I've placed the lot from the lot library into Sunset Valley. Since they moved in the family will pull out their umbrella when it's raining and get the "chilly" moodlet when it's cold, all while inside the house. I notice however that this only seems to happen on the lower floor, not the upper! I've tried removing the roof in build mode and then just doing automatic roof but that doesn't seem to help. Have also placed floor tiles to make a separate ceiling over that lower storey. If anyone has any other suggestions or has experienced a similar problem I'd really love the help! :)
Post edited by huandlu on

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor @Karritz know anything about the Oak Grove Bungalow?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Not with that lot in particular, but this sort of thing is quite common with lots designed years before Seasons came out. It only takes one odd corner or so to be exposed to the elements for this kind of thing to happen. In addition to placing floor/ceiling tiles above the lower floor, I would also add ceiling tiles to the upper floor in between that and the roof. But @Karritz is a much more accomplished builder than I am. When I lose patience with lots others have made (even EA), my talents seem to reside more with the bulldozer. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    I'd look carefully around all parts of the external walls to see if there is a gap anywhere. Sometimes looking for shadows and sunlight on the floor can give a hint of a gap.
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.
    So there was something really weird going on with this house/lot. I have fixed the problem but I ended up putting a fresh copy of the Oak Grove Bungalow onto a different lot and moved the family in there, everything seems to be fine this time.
    The original lot was on Sun Song Avenue, I think no. 9. The strange thing was that I bulldozed the glitchy house and also the lot itself with the intention of starting again, but when I replaced the lot with one of the same size, the Oak Grove Bungalow wouldn't even fit onto that lot. Who knows... :p
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    It's a major flaw in the game. All my houses are doing it. Original houses, downloaded houses, my own houses, all of them. I've deleted every wall in the house, removed and re-built the ceiling, roofs, windows, doors, thermostat... nothing works.

I need a mod to remove the chilled debuff because every winter, ALL my sims are ALWAYS chilled.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    gettps wrote: »
    It's a major flaw in the game. All my houses are doing it. Original houses, downloaded houses, my own houses, all of them. I've deleted every wall in the house, removed and re-built the ceiling, roofs, windows, doors, thermostat... nothing works.

I need a mod to remove the chilled debuff because every winter, ALL my sims are ALWAYS chilled.
    Hi there. You might want to check on the section of the forum you are posting on and the age of the prior posts. This is TS3, and it sure sounds like you are playing TS4 there. There are no thermostats in TS3 except for decor. Just being inside, in a building that is structured the way Seasons expects it to be, should be enough to shield sims from the cold. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net