Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is The Sims performing on your console?

xD I'm curious to know! I have an Xbox One S and the gameplay is smooth and solid in the base game worlds. San Myshuno has a hard time being smooth especially during festivals and when it's raining/snowing. What is the game like for you? Let's discuss! :D

Comments

• floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I've got a PS4 and it's okay. I'm currently in winter with my main household in Brindleton Bay, and it makes me not want to play because the snow can be laggy. Nice to mention that it snows every single day so that's just great. :| My sims have occasionally walked through walls. It's also really annoying when they take a whole hour to quit an action or start one, and sometimes they freeze while doing something and resume a few seconds later. I guess it's playable if you've got patience, but I've lost all patience. :joy:
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    There's more bugs as you uploaded more EPs/SPs, obviously. It does not help that we get the PC bugs and we are behind on patches (not to mention all the bugs that have never been patched to begin with). However, the game does take longer to start up the less memory I have left in the system. The actions are being done by Sims slower (since a few weeks ago), or not at all. This is well after Seasons/Jungle Adventure and so on have been installed. It's just degradation of the game.

Regarding teleportation, that generally happens with time stops or manipulation of the fast-forwards sequencing. Stopping time because Sims will not come home from work, will not eat, or whatever generally causes skips through walls or something like that. Walking through walls while the game is working at normal speed usually happens at pools.

There are not a lot of patches on the horizon for PC, which I assume means even less for consoles this year.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Trippey_D wrote: »
    xD I'm curious to know! I have an Xbox One S and the gameplay is smooth and solid in the base game worlds. San Myshuno has a hard time being smooth especially during festivals and when it's raining/snowing. What is the game like for you? Let's discuss! :D

OK on mine so far. Occasionally I get lag. I have the PS4 Version.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @RionAgrias I am on the PS4 and am having the same issues as you have described. How much memory does your system have? I know my partner added a 1Tb hard drive to the system after the consoles release.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Im on xbox one x and game is smooth. And yes bugs make it hard to play but no lag but loading time is increased. But that is from every dlc.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    floralney wrote: »
    I've got a PS4 and it's okay. I'm currently in winter with my main household in Brindleton Bay, and it makes me not want to play because the snow can be laggy. Nice to mention that it snows every single day so that's just great. :| My sims have occasionally walked through walls. It's also really annoying when they take a whole hour to quit an action or start one, and sometimes they freeze while doing something and resume a few seconds later. I guess it's playable if you've got patience, but I've lost all patience. :joy:

Brindleton bay lags for me on my ps4 pro and san myshuno too in general.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I feel personally that the Sims 4 performs pretty good on my PS4. I know a couple patches ago I felt the lag and the oddities such as Sims sitting in silence while in group settings but even with Seasons I feel it performs great. Definitely playable :)
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Going from one to two and then three Sims via merge households, then with rain/thunderstorms made it nigh impossible to switch between Sims or perform actions until well after the weather passed.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mine's pretty solid. Kind of laggy at times, especially when going between Live and Build/Buy Mode, but no crashes and otherwise nothing really major to complain about.