Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about The Sims coming to Alexa? Was this an exciting announcement for you?

SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
Just curious how people are feeling about this

How do you feel about The Sims coming to Alexa? Was this an exciting announcement for you? 207 votes

Excited
4%
SimburianBagoas77mommy19959699catloverplayerChuChuExpressImSandsEricasFreePlayTS1299Jasonschick80 9 votes
Disappointed
18%
GalacticGalIcewolfaprilrosemamasquash999UnDutchableJessa_DakkarSasquatch7Isb917Bloosmoomock68CinebarBanjoraFonxi121994thecatsredZeldaboy180cece15624wormstache999SavvySimmieWulfsimmertasmabel 39 votes
Indifferent
76%
Akl500PicmnfrshKita5399IceyJBronwin2storyyKraylessaPlayerSinger2010danacnbrettVibseSimpatsyannlilacfaery06applefeather2Writin_Regmcruddsimm621asimbsimThunderbat87elanorbretonAnmirla 159 votes

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Indifferent
    Indifferent. I don't have an Alexa, but I'm sure some players will find it fun, and making it was probably a good creativity & technical boost for some people in-house, which will be to my benefit eventually.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't have one and never plan to get one.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2019
    Indifferent
    I really just don't care for it.

It has nothing to do with the game itself so.....whatever.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Indifferent
    I still don’t completely understand the point of those devices in the first place!? I guess it’s a side effect of getting old.. anyway I’m sure someone will enjoy it.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Indifferent
    I couldn't care less. I hope they gain more players but this leaves me cold.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't have an Alexa and don't really want one. Glad people with Alexa can do the sim thing though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't have an Alexa, because it does not make sense for me. And the Sims app or skill doesn't add anything exciting. I don't listen to TS music outside of the game, I am not interested in answering trivia questions about The Sims (and my friends even less so) and I don't need a robotic voice telling me about the history of The Sims by asking me every 20 seconds whether I wish to hear more. So yeah, I guess I don't get it. I am more confused than anything else.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't have an Alexa, but it sounds like it'll be interesting for the people that use one. :) It was a passion project that didn't take away anything from future content so I don't understand why people are so angry.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Indifferent
    Definitely indifferent, not at all disappointed.

Like I just don't care in the slightest.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    FYI and wonder if this will change people's answers:

• February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't even know what it is :o
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't have an Alexa but kind of interested for music. So who knows in the next year or so I might get with the program. I think it's nice that it reaches out to that market/population though. I agree too if it's a passion project it's a good thing. Welcome to @SimGuru0x00 also!
    egTcBMc.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Indifferent
    I'm so uninterested that although I don't know what you're talking about here, I don't even care to find out. And I do have an echo-dot
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Disappointed
    People want to have a device that listens to every word in its range to play sims music and play trivia... Do I really need to explain why thats a silly thing to have regardless of taste?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Indifferent
    Are they trying to sell copies of The Sims 4 or Alexa enabled devices......? Either way this has nothing to do with the game. Not sure why they needed to live stream it as if it’s something important.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Indifferent
    I deeply mistrust smart speakers.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Indifferent
    It's just another little amusement, so it's no problem for me. I don't have an Alexis so it's fine for those who want to use the feature on theirs.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Indifferent
    Don't have Alexa so it means nothing to me *shrug*
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Indifferent
    It's definitely not something for me, I still don't really know what Alexa is, lol.

But if someone enjoys it, more power to them.
    #Team Occult
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Indifferent
    I have no idea what you're talking about :)
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    Indifferent
    I dont have an alexa, i have gone down the google home route instead. I think maybe if the video had felt more like a normal maxis monthly, which had updates from each sims platform and what is being cooked up for the future, and then ended the stream with a focus on this fun new side project and if hey had revealed that it was also being released as an app for IOS and Android devices too, then i think it would maybe have been received slightly differently.

Im indifferent because it simply isnt relevant to me- just like i am indifferent to news on the sims mobile etc because i play the sims 4 on PC.

If you want to manage those expectations about the maxis monthly segments i think it would be wise to keep a more solid format each month with news updates from the 3 different platforms followed by a spotlight segment on something new for the sims empire/one of those platforms. That way people get what they are craving each time- an update on the platform that they use and then they can choose to stick around to hear about the spotlight item if it feels of interest to them. That might control some of the hype and the dissapointment and frustration they are experiencing in chat.

To be honest having watched about half of the video i turned off because it felt too strongly like a massive advert for alexa. I know it wasnt meant to be but thats honestly how it came across. I think maybe a little less focus on the idea as a whole and round ups for the platforms coming first (i currently have no idea if they mentionned the other platforms at all because i gave up watching in the end) would have lessened that feeling, and also mentionning from the outset that it is available as an app on other platforms so everyone can access the content would have really helped more people feel like it was relevant to them and just understanding that the idea was originally sparked around alexa and built in the devs own time as a fun project for everyone to play with, but was being demo'd on an alexa to show it to its full potential.
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    Indifferent
    I feel like they could have just posted 'the sims is coming to alexa' on the forums, twitter etc instead of a livestream. I think people wouldn't have gotten so angry if they just said whatever it was in a quick, simple way rather than 'hyping' things through the stream (which now apparently isn't going to share any upcoming info, announcements for sims 4, which a lot of people only watch for those.. so bit pointless now I suppose, the time spent there could be used elsewhere regardless of whether they say it doesn't take away from the game, I believe it does :confused: )
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited January 2019
    Indifferent
    Just want to note that "excited" sits at 8% right now. Not bad considering 11% of Americans apparently own an Alexa device. (Might be a bit higher as that was as of a year ago.) FWIW, if I did have one I'd probably only use it to check the weather and change the music, but if half or more of Simmers owning one are into Sims-related use, that's a decent number.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Indifferent
    I don't have or plan to ever get alexa or anything like it so I really don't care.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.