Sul sul Simmers! For 24 hours, starting on 6AM PT today, May 6th, you can share what's on your mind in the Sims 411 Feedback thread for the next Inside Maxis livestream. 😃
April 30 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
You are browsing an archived read-only section of the forums. The Sims 4 Help Center can now be found here.

Done Everything I Could, FRAME NEVER GOES AWAY

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited January 2019 in PC - Technical Discussions
So I cleaned out my cache, repaired the game and even uninstalled the game but the frame around characters & objects in both, the gallery & packs tab, have a weird blur around the items. I never did and still don't have any cc or mods.
weird_frame.PNG

What do I do?
(Also, if you notice, only the first picture in the gallery is bugged, rest are fine.)
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,783 Member
    I have mods and looked through my gallery and others and haven't seen this. Is it just the one picture doing it? Best I can say is report it to the Bugs HQ. Could be your graphics card maybe?
  • KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    I just checked and it's not showing up that way for me :neutral: I'm not sure what would be causing it.
    Sorry I couldn't help much!
    kIJf5MW.png
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    I have mods and looked through my gallery and others and haven't seen this. Is it just the one picture doing it? Best I can say is report it to the Bugs HQ. Could be your graphics card maybe?

It's always the first picture of anything uploaded on the gallery UNLESS it is a custom thumbnail. The thing is, things used to be fine before. Stopped playing around September 2017 then started playing again around a month and a half, ever since, I had that issue.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    I just checked and it's not showing up that way for me :neutral: I'm not sure what would be causing it.
    Sorry I couldn't help much!
    kIJf5MW.png

You definitely don't have to apologize, thank you for trying :smiley:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 157,316 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test to see if the issues remain.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test to see if the issues remain.

Did that too already :(

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited January 2019
    If I did everything I could to troubleshoot an application issue and it still persists, I would look at %appdata% type that in Windows+R and look for cache folder in there usually inside Local or Local/Roaming folder, maybe delete origin / sims 4 folder in there, but be warned though your origin credential might reset and have to manually relogging in again.
    Behold! The Meatball!
    edited January 2019
    FOUND THE SOLUTION. IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE SINCE IDK WHY THOSE TWO ARE RELATED BUT IT'S THE ONE (AND OMG I AM SO HAPPY).

Guess why it does that. It's because I am using my mobile's hotspot to connect to the internet. The router works fine though. :|

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 17,922 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    FOUND THE SOLUTION. IT TOOK ME BY SURPRISE SINCE IDK WHY THOSE TWO ARE RELATED BUT IT'S THE ONE (AND OMG I AM SO HAPPY).

Guess why it does that. It's because I am using my mobile's hotspot to connect to the internet. The router works fine though. :|

So glad the issue is gone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited January 2019
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

So glad the issue is gone.

Thank you :D

Edit: Idk why : + D = :D instead of :smiley:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,480 EA Community Manager
    Moved thread to Help Center as it does not belong in General discussion. Please visit Answers HQ for technical Issues.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top