Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC'S ie; (MAID, PIZZA, REPO ECT) sims PROBLEMS!

All my npc's will come to my lot to work ect.. like the maid for instance and fulfill their job but once that ends they spin around and sometimes change clothes randomly and then either take a swim and leave or just leave. The most frustrating part is that they ALWAYS leave in a taxi or car but never in the corresponding car that initially shows up on the lot. IDEAS???
[img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2018
    This sounds a little unusual. The vehicles are left out on the road, off of the current lot or on the lot itself? The only time I see that is if I happened to save and then quit the game at the time the Service Sim was just leaving and on the next session the game gets confused as to whose vehicle was left behind. If not averse to using mods, you could use NRaas MasterController to delete the unwanted extra vehicles.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2018
    igazor wrote: »
    This sounds a little unusual. The vehicles are left out on the road, off of the current lot or on the lot itself? The only time I see that is if I happened to save and then quit the game at the time the Service Sim was just leaving and on the next session the game gets confused as to whose vehicle was left behind. If not averse to using mods, you could use NRaas MasterController to delete the unwanted extra vehicles.

Hi thanks for responding igazor! ....the problem is yes the vehicles are off the current lot on the road. When a maid comes to clean they park it on the side of the road then leave and go into the house but when they go to leave, they appear like they are going back to their parked car, disappear like they got into the car but then reappear (minus the maid car) and leave in a taxi! ...i'm using a custom world i modified to add some new lots to it and all the other lots in the world seem to work correctly but the ones i added do not. Im pretty familiar with CAW and thought id be able to figure it out before now but i am truly at a loss?! ive been back into caw a few times to see if deleting the lots and then replacing them helped but no... the routing seems to be correct so i thought maybe it was a mod so i deleted the career mod the other mods i have i don't see being the problem so maybe its bad CC or something because they often switch out of their career clothes before leaving? ?? also noticed that my new maid swims with her clothes on...after of course switching from the maid outfit. I know all of this is connected somehow because none of my other save games have reacted in this way. In other words this problem is very new !?
    Post edited by deadhaus123 on
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    You have an entertaining set of problems!
    So until igazor resets here :smile:

I am not sure the problems are linked, the maid 'problem' is not new:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921560/mailman-paper-girl-maid-changing-clothes-and-trying-to-use-the-pool

There is a chance that maids will have the trait 'Inappropriate' and then act on it with short intervals.

The new maid could have trait 'Insane' which makes all clothes fair game for any situation.

I have never in game met a maid without at least one of the sillier traits, like kleptomaniac and the two mentioned. I think of it as one of the many way the game developers joke with the players, so for me it is part of the fun of the game and not seen as a problem. (The only joke I dislike is the imaginary friend, they creep me out too much to laugh at -hoping now that you don't like them all that much!).

If untuned the pool's broadcast area is 20 meter and this is not stopped by walls or if it is out of sight.

The maids will stay for a while after done with any cleaning they felt like doing (an hour), and supposedly do whatever inappropriate things they find appropriate then. If interacted with during this time their departure is prolonged with half an hour. They will arrive sometime between 10 AM and 9 PM, staying for max 7 hours (the inappropriate max 6).

An unqualified guess is that if this time is somehow exceded into whatever 'freetime' a maid gets in game and perhaps also linked to type of lot, that would confuse their exit vehicle.

I did not find anything on the maid leaving in a taxi, so another guess is that it could be connected to your lots and your custom world if not what is already suggested.

(It is a little unclear if you have test-removed your mods and CC to rule them out, and what lots and which custom world you are using).