Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Famous vs. Get to Work

I honestly don't know which one to get. I'm attracted to the fame system and new world in Get Famous but I'm scared that there's honestly not enough things to keep me occupied other than the fame jobs. I've always liked Get to Work because it seems fun and you get a lot of different jobs but again, you don't get a new world and I heard that it's not the best. What do you guys think?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think I'd go with Get Famous, because it adds fame to all the jobs -- I have a couple where one is a famous artist, the other a stylist/writer. It expands the entire core game play. Plus you have the reputation system that adds a lot to gameplay. You also have more objects that can be used by Sims, like the video production station and the audio mixing station. Many of the objects in GTW are restricted to Sims that are in that specific career unless you use mods to unlock them.

GTW comes with a small world (Magnolia Promenade) plus 3 hidden lots for each of the careers. I personally like Magnolia Promenade -- I've made it my entertainment district with a bar, a lounge, a nightclub and a karaoke bar (I have City Living) so it's a good place to send Sims for a night on the town. (I'll probably resurrect one of my teen clubs when my current child ages up). I haven't done a whole lot with retail recently, but I am planning to have my artist open a gallery soon.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have both and I would say Get To Work is better. I tried playing Get Famous both before and after the CAS aging bug was patched and I would most likely go back to Get To Work.
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    @EricasFreePlay Why so?

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited December 2018
    I'd buy Get Famous. I love the reputation system, it changes a lot even when you aren't playing famous Sims. Plus the Build & CAS items are great. I've used them a lot since I got the pack. And I love the acting career so far, but it's not something I've played with a lot yet.

Get to Work is good too though, I play the careers often and use the Build & CAS items a lot. However, it doesn't change a lot when you aren't playing around with the pack specific content, aside from the aliens townies that spawn and abductions & illnesses that happen randomly.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I like both. I think Get Famous has more content.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • tasha053109tasha053109 Posts: 18 Member
    I've just purchased Get To Work and although I am still in the early stages of exploring, I have to say it is definately worth the purchase. I can't wait to work through all the careers on offer
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Both have the word "get" in it. It's a subliminal message. You have to get both. ;P
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    With Get To Work the Scientist career is really fun (has alien world and alien encounters too!) and the retail lots work well for the self-employed update. Get Famous I'm still exploring but I like the ability to have fame no matter the career and the objects/CAS are good. The new world is small but very detailed. Certain lots you can make the hottest spot in town or up and coming spot which allows for more sims to appear, especially those that are celebs. So, I'd say Get Famous first, Get To Work 2nd.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    In my opinion, Get Famous has the edge of adding more to the game outside of the new career. With GTW, aside from times when you're playing with retail or one of the careers, you won't make too much use of the pack. Whereas you can use the fame and reputation systems no matter what you're doing with your game at the moment. GF has more of what I think of as "passive content" - gameplay additions that affect your game at all times, kind of in the background, rather than you having to do something very specific to use the new content. If that makes any sense, lol.

I do really enjoy the careers GTW comes with, though. So if you do go with that, it's not a bad choice.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member

I enjoyed the active career at the hospital better than the Style Influencer career. I preferred the tasks in the active careers better.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2018
    I honestly don't know which one to get. I'm attracted to the fame system and new world in Get Famous but I'm scared that there's honestly not enough things to keep me occupied other than the fame jobs. I've always liked Get to Work because it seems fun and you get a lot of different jobs but again, you don't get a new world and I heard that it's not the best. What do you guys think?

i would go with get to work, it as three fully fledged active career and retail.
    police career
    doctor career
    Scientist career
    bakery shop
    and you can create other types of shops to

get famous
    only as one active career,
    acting,
    and fame.

up to you, do you like the sound of any of the careers?, that alone should help you decide!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited December 2018

I enjoyed the active career at the hospital better than the Style Influencer career. I preferred the tasks in the active careers better.

agreed
    the stylist career isn't really a proper active career anyway, the sims 3 one was better.

edited December 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I like both. I think Get Famous has more content.

it as less content than get to work,

and a lot of it is decorative for the film sets

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    get to work
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited December 2018
    Get to Work. It has more. 3 interactive careers to play with, aliens, new collectibles/harvestables, alien world to visit, Retail stores. Lot of Get Famous stuff is huge set pieces and things that aren't practical for regular lots.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Eh I think saying get to work has more content just isn’t true. Don’t get me wrong I really enjoy both but I think they are fairly equal in content. Fame is way more in depth than a few are making clear. It really just depends on your playstyle to be honest. Fame can change the entire game and you can be famous with any career besides GTW ones and most skills. I haven’t played around with acting yet because the sim I want to act is a teen but becoming famous with the comedy career has been really fun. It adds a layer of depth that I didn’t realize I was missing. I’ve never enjoyed fame packs either so that’s also saying something. Get to work I’ve had for a few months but only really played scientist which is a lot of fun and I still get excited to go to work with my sim. Get to work though isn’t a huge game changer though you have to be using the careers or retail to actually get anything out of the pack. I get a lot out of get famous without even trying. Like my sim in the political career got a good reputation from positive interactions with others. Both are great though it really depends on how you play. I personally recommend looking up reviews of both to see which one YOU like more. They are both vastly different and it truly depends on your playstyle.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

agreed
    the stylist career isn't really a proper active career anyway, the sims 3 one was better.

Stylist career is a semi-active career, like the ones in City Living or the gardening career in Seasons. Acting is the real active career. I haven't tried acting yet, but I love the semi-active careers especially when my Sims are raising a family. (Stylist also came in the pre-pack patch so you don't have to own Get Famous to play it.) I currently have a stylist in my game; it's not bad but could have been tweaked a bit more -- seems like all my stylist has to do every day is update her social media status (but I have her do other things like style blogs and making vlogs to help along her Fame level -- she's currently stuck on B-lister).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Get to Work laid the groundwork for Get Famous, but the careers from GtW didn't survive the test of time, and is lacking in replayability. The careers (including retail) take up too much of the day and week, which is fine early game when you're playing a single sim, but not great when playing a whole family. Once you tried a GtW career there's not much reason to go back. For the acting career in GF, it's probably a recency effect, but they seem much more varied. Work days are also more spread out, giving you more free time to do other stuff, and the work day is also short. The NPCs in GF are smarter, and you don't have to struggle with hunting down specific NPCs to complete work tasks. It's also possible to be unable to complete certain tasks in GtW at all because NPCs or object states (e.g. a puddle on the floor) don't appear.
  • ZombieTomZombieTom Posts: 2 New Member
    ** Get Famous **

I have both Get To Work AND Get Famous, and "Famous" has more content, is more entertaining and I have a lot more fun with "Famous."

I feel like, as someone said, GtW laid the groundwork for Famous... it is a more refined, more polished and more fun version of GtW. I QUICKLY got bored with GtW, though I must admit, I haven't tried the business-owner careers yet. The "follow to work" options for GtW felt "basic," where as the "follow to work" option in Famous is actually ALOT of fun, and feels "different" somehow. Again, more polished.

Famous also adds a more Universal Depth to the Entire Game. The Reputation and Fame Rankings apply to ALL Jobs, ALL Sims, and fundamentally make ALL aspects of the game simply More Fun. Not just in "scores" though... but in How Sims Relate to each other. It adds to the interaction between Sims, as the More Famous you get, the way other sims react to you. It's pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
  • ZombieTomZombieTom Posts: 2 New Member
    The other thing that left an impression on me...

I had bought "Get Famous" BEFORE I purchased "Get to Work.."

After I downloaded Famous, I was actually Very Surprised at how much Smaller the download size was for "Get to Work." Substantially smaller, actually.

For those who are debating which has More Content... "Famous" has almost a whole Gig More of content, if you compare download/file size.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Get Famous.

While Get To Work seems to have more content wise, the three careers are repetitive and you’re patient enough if you get even one Sim to reach the top of Doctor or Detective career. Scientists are more interesting though.

Get Famous can impact almost every Sim you play and it’s really in depth.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

GF is a better EP in my opinion but if you don't get GTW your missing out on retail stores that your sims can shop in so I"d say get GTW first.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Get to Work is a lot better than Get Famous in my opinion. But it depends on your play style.