Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No "Make NPC door" option for an apartment?

I'm trying to build an apartment, and plan to do a few for this world. Problem is, I can't remember how to get the option to pop up. If I click to enabled triggers I can make it usable by NPCs, but I have a feeling that's not the right option.

Testing cheats, buydebug, and the option to build outside your unit are all enabled.

I have tried both the apartment and residential regular lot options.

Both doors are enclosed (though neither will display the option)
I tried replacing it with a non CC door but it didn't solve it.

if someone can spot what I've done wrong, please let me know! Here is the current set up!

fc603c54f6.jpg
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    Do you have a private hidden room marker on one side, and a public room marker on the other side of the door? I was playing around with NPC doors in Bridgeport recently and discovered that if I replaced the private hidden room marker on one side of the door with a public room marker and left the public room marker on the other side alone, then I lost the option to to make the door an NPC door. I could be wrong but I suspect that the door option depends on the door seeing the right markers on either side. I see markers in your pic, but I obviously can't tell which ones they are and that's the one thing you didn't detail in your post.

Oh, if you are making a Late Night type apartment lot, then you use the regular residential lot assignment. Not the apartment lot assignment. That one is from UL and will cause the game to send NPC roomies to live with your sim.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I will also add that if you have WA, it is possible to get the two kinds of private (hidden) room markers in BuyDebug confused. One of them is for hidden tomb rooms, the other is for LN style apartments. Only the latter will work for an NPC-unit in such a building.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @TreyNutz Thank you for the reply! Yes I did. Just had the wrong ones apparently!
    @igazor Turns out I had the wrong public one in place, I went through my catalog and pulled all of them out and tested the configuration until the option appeared.

Thank you both!
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast