Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Watch me slowly come to terms with how BSotK works.

Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
edited December 2018 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I think I may have a bug with World Adventures. This particular item, Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings, doesn't seem to work as described.

From the wiki -

"This sarcophagus is gold with a hearty-faced carving on the lid. It is not recolorable. Sleeping in this sarcophagus will increase the energy need faster than the plain sarcophaguses. While sleeping, all other needs will freeze.[1] If Sims sleep for 8 hours straight inside the sarcophagus, their age will be extended by 2 days. "

In bold, this part does not work. Does this mean there is a bug in my game? Or that the wiki is wrong?
Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on

Comments

• Options
    fruf2014fruf2014 Posts: 197 Member
    It seems that is only a specific kind of sarcophagus. Perhaps you are using the wrong one? Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that sims don't age while on vacation? Either way good luck solving it!
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    Wiki seems to be right. I had a sim discover fragments earlier in my game and after reading your post decided to give this a try. He recreated the Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings at his house in his homeworld. I sent him to sleep in the Sarcophagus at ~10 pm. He was 49 days until aging to Adult. He has Meditative Trance Sleep and so his Energy motive replenishes quite rapidly. I used testing cheats to drag it down a few times to keep him in the sarcophagus for a full 8 hours straight. Around midnight his age increased to 48 days to elder as you would expect if he were sleeping in any other bed.

After the 8 hrs had definitely passed (a bit after 7 am) I dragged his Energy up to just about full and let him wake up naturally. His other needs indeed had remained static while he slept and his age was 51 days to elder. I also got a notification that my sim "feels refreshed and more rejuvenated than ever!" So he was 2 days younger by his age when he first slept in the sarcophagus, not his age when he woke up. I thought that was interesting.

I didn't test whether he needed to wake up naturally at full energy or whether he'd get the age reduction if I cancelled out the sleep interaction (edit: after 8 hrs). I also didn't test whether the 8 hrs had to be in one shot as the wiki states or whether it can be cumulative (which works for turning a sim into a mummy or curing an sim of being a mummy).

Unfortunately the 'sleep in sarcophagus' interaction isn't like the normal sleep interaction where you can drag the bar to determine when the sim wakes up. So I had to use TCE to keep him sleeping long enough to meet the '8 hr straight' requirement.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I can't believe I didn't notice this before but for some reason in my new game my sim will not sleep for more than 6 hours at a time, even if he's falling over tired with a red energy bar because that seems to be the max time it takes to refill it. So that explains why I don't receive the effects, but I have a different problem now.
  • Options
    @TreyNutz Thanks, I can't get my sim to sleep for 8 hours so I will try your cumulative sleep suggestion. I didn't think of that.
  • Options
    Okay, so it's option C. This isn't a bug as TreyNutz was able to test it using testing cheats and has found that if you sleep for 8 hours straight you will receive it's life giving benefits. The wiki is correct. Problem is that it seems otherwise impossible because your sim won't sleep in it for maybe a little more than 6 hours. I would think maybe this would be a good item for werewolf but otherwise I don't see how it's possible to get it's benefits beyond it's needs freezing.
  • Options
    fruf2014fruf2014 Posts: 197 Member
    Do testingcheatsenabled true and drag their energy bar down. :) That should extend the time they spend.
  • Options
    lol well we know that already. :D I still don't really get it but I've definitely found use for it the way it works now as well as the Curse Sarcophagus.